Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “This is God’s country. I don’t have a clue.”

Default Re: “This is God’s country. I don’t have a clue.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Yes, you can fill the space between quotation marks. Good on ya.
    My guess is someone as developed as Kyle Rittenhouse with an older friend who used to work for for Duke power and had been to those stations. Beyond that your quotes are as good as mine.

right, your guess is just as nonsense as the drag show guess. so why is the media suggesting motives when there is ZERO supporting facts? sure, as evidence comes out, that could very well be the case. but for the media to take "we're seeking a motive" straight to "it was for the drag show" is ridiculously irresponsible when there's no supporting facts

Southern Pines is a beautiful prosperous town but there is internal conflict. I know the town pretty well. My families Church, a place where all are welcome, is just a couple of blocks from downtown.

There is a Creationist Museum only 350 feet from the Theater where the Drag Show was held.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crea...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sunr...d35.174712!3e0

There is a huge gunshop up the highway from Pinehurst that had a large banner proclaiming Trump won the 2020 election the was up for months even after the January 6th Uprise. Now, I think there is just a "Let's go Brandon" sign.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

D99D24D5-3D09-480A-AFF7-B0A429CC84F0.jpgAl is right we don't have a smoking gun. Just a lot of dots leading
    to a conclusion.....that is still just speculation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SKIP KILPATRICK; 12-07-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    right, your guess is just as nonsense as the drag show guess. so why is the media suggesting motives when there is ZERO supporting facts? sure, as evidence comes out, that could very well be the case. but for the media to take "we're seeking a motive" straight to "it was for the drag show" is ridiculously irresponsible when there's no supporting facts
    1. “The media” is a general term describing mass communication in which you can find reporting, analysis, social media, shock jocks, entertainment, infotainment, advertising and gawd knows what else. So within that huge category you can find anything that tickles or disgusts your fancy but The Media is not the news and even within the news you’ll find conjecture so blaming The Media for containing conjecture is like blaming magazine for containing articles on how to varnish your boat.

2. It’s inevitable, not irresponsible, that people will guess at motives when something violent and destructive happens especially in a political environment where gun use and violence has a political spin. So maybe you can differentiate irresponsible reporting where disinformation or falsehoods are promoted and commentary. Maybe?

How about this. Let’s say attacks on Asians and Asian Americans spike up at some particular time in our history and an attack occurs in your town. Do you immediately castigate people for considering there’s racial animus behind it until all the facts are in or do you think someone is out to hurt folks who look different?
    Last edited by LeeG; 12-07-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Anger lingers as power returns in NC's Moore County — and investigators continue search for culprit (msn.com)

Fort Bragg, the largest military installation in the country, is the next county over, and Christy-Bowman said an influx of military veterans in recent decades has pushed the county in an increasingly conservative direction.
    While no evidence has surfaced linking the attack on the power grid to controversy surrounding the drag show, the two events are difficult to disentangle due to vocal statements of a prominent campaigner.
    Emily Grace Rainey, a former US Army captain who was forced to resign her commission for violating COVID restrictions, posted on her Facebook page shortly after the attack: “The power is out in Moore County, and I know why.” She later partially walked back the claim by saying she told investigators from the sheriff’s office “that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage.”
    Rainey’s Facebook page lit up with outraged comments soon after the power went out.
    “I think the other thing that people in the community are very angry about right now is certain political high-profile people going on to social media and saying that it was God punishing us for our inequity and our sin,” Christy-Bowman said. “And I would point out for the record that all of this talk about it being connected to the drag show did not start until someone stepped forward and said that they knew why it happened and it was God’s punishment for the drag show. That caused a lot of anger.”
    Rainey, who posed with the Proud Boys during a recent protest against a drag show in nearby Sanford in October, was able to parley her notoriety into an appearance on “War Room,” the podcast hosted by Steve Bannon, on Monday. Rainey’s interview skirted the details about the power outage and omitted any mention of her provocative statement, while providing her with a platform to disparage the drag show as a “type of redlight district adult entertainment” that has doesn’t have “any place in our very family-friendly conservative Christian downtown.”
    Christy-Bowman said she has searched herself to try to understand why Moore County was the target of the attack.
    “I have wondered personally if it’s not because of the political fracturedness of our community,” she said. “I have wondered if it’s not because whoever did this knew that we would start pointing fingers at one another right off the bat, and it would cause enough disruption in law enforcement with everyone calling in tips that they would not be able to focus on who the real perpetrator is.”
    Skip

Does anyone dispute that the Civil War is hotting up?

As it seems that no one has claimed responsibility, I suggest that this was not political terrorism.

Probably some gun nut getting an adrenaline rush from vandalism and criminal damage.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    As it seems that no one has claimed responsibility, I suggest that this was not political terrorism.

Probably some gun nut getting an adrenaline rush from vandalism and criminal damage.

that's a very likely possibility, i just think we should wait on some actual facts to come out before we assign motive to it. but it seems there's been several power supply attacks lately.

"At least five attacks at electricity substations in the Pacific Northwest have been reported in recent weeks to the FBI.
    The incidents come to light via a federal memo following a deliberate attack last week in Moore County, North Carolina, that left tens of thousands of people without power for days as seasonal temperatures fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post

but for *4? sites were hit pretty much simultaneously..

a war of two openly fighting sides is not what we have. as the rww bent is still considered illegal, the terrorism will be all unclaimed - but as Rainey said, "she knows why".. and the gawd thing was nothing but a dodge to stay out of jail.

*eta: thought I remembered it was 4 sites.. I see now it is 2.

eta yet again.. multiple sites, 2 down substations?

"As utility companies began responding to the different substations, evidence was discovered that indicated that intentional vandalism had occurred at multiple sites," the office said, noting that "Moore County Sheriff's Deputies and various other law enforcement agencies within the county responded to the different areas and are providing further site security"

cdb3075ddbc42736a2197418e56e890b.jpg
    Last edited by Durnik; 12-08-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    but for 4? sites were hit pretty much simultaneously..

a war of two openly fighting sides is not what we have. as the rww bent is still considered illegal, the terrorism will be all unclaimed - but as Rainey said, "she knows why".. and the gawd thing was nothing but a dodge to stay out of jail.
    47? what a coincidence.