Thread: Update on life as I know it

Default Update on life as I know it

Don't get around here much anymore and maybe I should but who knows, life has this funny way of happening. But anyway in case you ever wonder just a quick update on life in general.

New job - Left my previous employer of 27 years for much better pay. Not the same atmosphere but the people are good, stress is higher and spend more time on the road. Work with fly by night subs more but still get the chance to work with quality subs. Despite all of that the wife says my attitude has made a 180 and I seem to be a better person. Who knows, maybe it is just the money (LOL).

Finally, thought it would never be never really wanted to be, but now I actually own a Harley. It ain't your normal Harley, liquid cooled & tech savvy with HP and torque (who would have ever thought a Harley would need Wheelie control?) And all of this was brought on by the wife wanting a bike for the first time in forever. She now has a Honda Shadow and went through the safety course and has her motorcycle endorsement, imagine that!

Actually got an order in for the new Ford Maverick hybrid truck, just waiting for it to go in production. And the wife is on the wait list for the Atlis all electric truck.

Don't get out in the shop as much but I still have a boat under construction and make random stuff out of whiskey barrel staves, don't sell many of them but not for lack of trying. I buy junk at the auction house and sell it on Ebay, makes little to no money but it is addictive. Actually gotten a few good deals on stuff for myself and family there, so it all works out.

I still own and try the guitar and still can't play but I don't care I have fun.

2 more years and I say good bye to the TN Army National Guard (sooner if they tell me to go home). It has been a fun ride and a long and bumpy one but that is cool. I get a massage once a month to help with the bumps in the road I picked up being a soldier. Only 37 years right now and you may wonder why stick around to 60, but to answer that question just research the Tri-Care gap for the Guard.

I do go the gym but I will never be the hunk that others are. In fact it is more about maintaining now that anything else. On the plus side the wife and I as part of it play racquetball together once a week. Oh and in case you are wondering that cardio crap sucks and now my knees hurt again but who cares, just keep moving and don't give up.

Guys ( and gals) I love it all, great life and great grandkids. Keep living life and never stop moving. Stop and start each day with a hug and a "I love you" and you can't go wrong.

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Default Re: Update on life as I know it

very good to hear from you chad
    i reflect back often on the fact that you were the very first foamite that i meant in person
    the video that you posted of your harley piqued my interest
    you left out an update of your daughter and grandkid - it was fun watching her grow up on the forum
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that your new job is going well. I know that was a big step for you.
    I've never been much of a Harley fan, but the model you have just might change my mind, I like the look of them.

Keep in touch!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Thumbs up Re: Update on life as I know it

Hey Chad.
    Glad to hear life is treating you good.
    Keep your eyes on the road in front of you.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Good to hear Chad, enjoyed meeting you in Nashville/Lews. I have a better appreciation for your posts about grandkids.

When will you get the new pickup? That’s the pickup I’ll buy used in ten years!

That sounds like a good life. Nice to hear from you Chad.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Thanks for that, Chad.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

So I don't know if I had said this before, but I think my daughter is one of kind and just amazing. She is knocking it out of the park being an awesome 1st Grade teacher, molding those young minds and helping them grow. Last year she did the whole extreme babysitting thing where she was a surrogate Mom for these two guys from Israel. In fact just this year she went to Israel for the first birthday of the little girl.

And then those grandkids. First the oldest, Jace, is something else. In 3rd grade and loves his games and you can tell he loves his sisters the way he plays and protects them. He now wants to be a football player and has emersed himself in all things TN.

And the third grandchild, Miss Renli, is a princess and just the sweetest thing ever. She can be quite just coloring in her books, or the walls, and just having a grand ol time.

But Ruby, "she's just a baby" and her Mom doesn't want to grow up, but she is. She is her own special person just waiting in the wings to do something devious and just smile at your like "see I did that but I'm just the baby!"

Oh yeah, then there is Z, my man Zeke. Z is one of those that will change the world. Of course he has ADHD and yes that can create its own tense moments. LOL But wow the kid is something, he is the leader of the group and only in 1st grade. He is a budding artist and almost Lego genius. Very creative with them. He is in "Robotics" in school, basically he gets to build with Legos. They were given a task with each kid getting a base and limited number of Legos. He convinced 4 or 5 of the others to combine their sets and he built a village. We are kinda of attached to each other and everyone says he is mine.

I do love all my grandkids equally so I can't say one is my favorite, but there is one I connect with the most for sure.

Oh and here is me and the bike, love my bike

Chad
    Last edited by cs; 12-01-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Good to hear from you Chad.

Thanks for the update Chad.
    Best wishes to your whole family.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cs View Post
    Oh and here is me and the bike, love my bike

Chad
    That woman is saying Oh My God did you see what he's wearing on his feet? Get you some boots Chad- they aren't just for show Nice bike! JayInOz

Nice ride you got there Chad. Once a Rat, always a Rat. Sounds like you got it all.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Good to hear Chad, enjoyed meeting you in Nashville/Lews. I have a better appreciation for your posts about grandkids.

When will you get the new pickup? That’s the pickup I’ll buy used in ten years!

I need to come by and visit with you again. I am down to less than two years left in my monthly trips to Nashville.

Jay! Can't believe you don't love the shoes! I do. But that is not my normal riding gear.

Paul not sure how your tall frame would fit on that bike but it would have plenty of power to motivate you down the road. Oh do you remember that time you "drifted" that Vette around the cloverleaf when you were here?

On bikes, I remember Norm used to call them murdercycles. If you don't remember Norm that is him on the banner at the top. But yeah, murdercycles may be an adept description but I can't live my life that way but you do have to watch and be extra smart when riding.

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Quite a coincidence that Chad and Tar Devil resurface n the same day.Welcome back fellows.

Just a quick post from this weekend.

Titled: "Grandpas are a real good place to be for nap time"

Chad

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion

Priceless, Chad, just priceless ! ! !

Rick
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

yep, having a toddler fall asleep in your arms is just about the best thing ever. I had them for a couple hrs this morn and we can do everything in about 10’x10’ area. They keep accumulating head bumps though.