Thread: Maybe Matt Gaetz isn't out of the woods yet. Greenberg pre-sentencing

Default Maybe Matt Gaetz isn't out of the woods yet. Greenberg pre-sentencing

Joel Greenberg, the guy widely described as Matt Gaetz' "wingman" in allegations of sex trafficking with a minor, has been providing a whole lot of cooperation to authorities. Which is why his sentencing has been delayed again and again and again. Time's run out - his sentence is handed down tomorrow.

In a pre-sentencing hearing today, we were finally able to understand just how much cooperation Greenberg's been giving. OMG.

tw.jpg
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Maybe Matt Gaetz isn't out of the woods yet. Greenberg pre-sentencing

The judge, however, isn't convinced that Greenberg should be getting so much leeway as both the DoJ and the defense team would like. Because of the great diversity of unrelated charges Greenberg's pleading to, which reveals rather a weak respect for the whole idea of laws etc.

Despite the "extensive cooperation," the judge is signaling that he might depart upwards from the guidelines, on account of how much of a total and comprehensive schmuck Greenberg actually is.

And we get to look forward to all these public corruption and sex trafficking charges for the 27 people Greenberg's apparently named and implicated over the months.

God, I hope it isn't merely Gaetz involved, but perhaps a few others we've seen in pics with Greenberg. Like Roger Stone. Or maybe Ron DeSantis.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Maybe Matt Gaetz isn't out of the woods yet. Greenberg pre-sentencing

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    The judge, however, isn't convinced that Greenberg should be getting so much leeway as both the DoJ and the defense team would like. Because of the great diversity of unrelated charges Greenberg's pleading to, which reveals rather a weak respect for the whole idea of laws etc.

Despite the "extensive cooperation," the judge is signaling that he might depart upwards from the guidelines, on account of how much of a total and comprehensive schmuck Greenberg actually is.

And we get to look forward to all these public corruption and sex trafficking charges for the 27 people Greenberg's apparently named and implicated over the months.

God, I hope it isn't merely Gaetz involved, but perhaps a few others we've seen in pics with Greenberg. Like Roger Stone. Or maybe Ron DeSantis.
    I bet Desantis being convicted of a sex crime would make him even more popular amongst the Rep. base.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post

Let's go, DoJ. Time's-a-wastin'.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I bet Desantis being convicted of a sex crime would make him even more popular amongst the Rep. base.
    Funny, but no. He is an interchangeable part. They'll just claim he was railroaded, cast him aside, and pick another.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Let's go, DoJ. Time's-a-wastin'.
    Really. I have felt for a while now that Merrick Garland is toothless and needs to be replaced by somebody more vigorous, pronto.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Funny, but no. He is an interchangeable part. They'll just claim he was railroaded, cast him aside, and pick another.
    Not to Reps in Florida - they love him.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green