Thread: Schroedinger's cat

Default Schroedinger's cat

Finally, someone says something intelligent in public about the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...09e1a1772cf10b
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Default Re: Schroedinger's cat

There's that famous quote by Feynman, 'if you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics.' As compelling as the lay upshot of the theory and the fact of it's unreconcilability with Relativity is, the bare notion of quantum-ness 'escaped' the lab to fall out into the general culture to become a euphemistic pseudo philosophical throwaway. Like saying something is zen when it really has zip all to do with real Zen practice or philosophy. New agey stuff. So then people tend to forget that quantum mechanics is a physics lab thing, about sub-atomic stuff and nothing at all to do with anything sensible in the macro universe.

I think Schroedinger was a dog person.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I have just learned from a BBC radio programme that Schoedinger was a paedophile who groomed young girls and wrote about it in his diary.

No longer cool.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

In another plane, that is a list of the ways quantum mechanics is fully understood.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Never mind the cat, what about Schrodinger's goldfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    I have just learned from a BBC radio programme that Schoedinger was a paedophile who groomed young girls and wrote about it in his diary.

No longer cool.
    I've never heard that and I do pray that it's wrong. Still, most of our heroes have clay feet, but that is one clay I cannot forgive.

A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com