Thread: Shetland fans: Tosh didnít get promoted.

Default Shetland fans: Tosh didnít get promoted.

Ashley Jensen will portray the Detective Inspector replacing Jimmy Perez. Tosh remains a Detective Sergeant.

Ashley Jensen:
    B6B8C791-C018-44B0-85DF-CC5304D4A30D.jpg
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Default Re: Shetland fans: Tosh didnít get promoted.

Yes, I heard that. I hope she can spark some new life to the show. The last season with Henshall as Perez had us loyal fans tuned in but it had clearly started to lose its way.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I’m just delighted that the series will continue, and hope it maintains its quality… although it’s a bit hard to think of it without Jimmy Perez. Anyone know when the next season will drop?
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Yes, I heard that. I hope she can spark some new life to the show. The last season with Henshall as Perez had us loyal fans tuned in but it had clearly started to lose its way.
    I don't agree with your analysis at all. I was as absorbed in the last series as I was in all the others. The show may still be very good with a new inspector but it won't be the same without Perez. I hope the series isn't going to jump the shark.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jpatrick View Post
    I don't agree with your analysis at all. I was as absorbed in the last series as I was in all the others. The show may still be very good with a new inspector but it won't be the same without Perez. I hope the series isn't going to jump the shark.

Jeff
    Glad you liked it, Jeff. I won't recount all the ways the story line and script seemed lacking and implausible to my mind. Let's just hope the show continues to be something we can both enjoy.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I thought the last season would be the end of the line based on how it ended. Glad to hear it will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dikhaut View Post
    I thought the last season would be the end of the line based on how it ended. Glad to hear it will continue.

I understand that Douglas Hershall had had enough and wanted out but the producers wanted to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I understand that Douglas Hershall had had enough and wanted out but the producers wanted to keep it going.

Yeah, I guess I assumed it wouldn’t continue without Perez. Looking forward to seeing how things unfold.