Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden going after semi-automatics?

Default Re: Biden going after semi-automatics?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Whats an assault rifle? ANYTHING semi auto over 5 round magazine, ANY AND ALL if you can't protect your damn self or Kill bambi with anything more than 5 shots you need to practice more.

I agree that it should be a national law to have to keep all firearms in a locked up. Of course I agree, but then you can't use the home defense argument. If it's locked in a safe and cracky home invades you at 3:00 am and your not laying in your bed with your holster on then it's no use as a defense weapon.
    The gun safe can be beside your bed. It takes only seconds to enter the unlock code. You'd have the home invader dead to rights before he even got half way through the bedroom window. You could have five rounds in him before he hit the floor.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    The gun safe can be beside your bed. It takes only seconds to enter the unlock code. You'd have the home invader dead to rights before he even got half way through the bedroom window. You could have five rounds in him before he hit the floor.
    Except it's dark, and the person sneaking in the window is probably your daughter returning from a midnight sojourn...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Except it's dark, and the person sneaking in the window is probably your daughter returning from a midnight sojourn...
    in certain places in america that's an executable sin
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I love this 90% of the people either
    A) Just don't have the guts to pull the trigger
    B) Don't have the training to hit the target
    C) Having a gun in a home you are 80% more likely to shoot yourself, or someone you know or love.

Those are just the facts man so live out your Charles Bronson gun lust wet dream but it's not factual
    I sleep like a log cracky would be in and out with my TV before I even rolled over in my sleep.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Whats an assault rifle? ANYTHING semi auto over 5 round magazine, ANY AND ALL if you can't protect your damn self or Kill bambi with anything more than 5 shots you need to practice more.

I agree that it should be a national law to have to keep all firearms in a locked up. Of course I agree, but then you can't use the home defense argument. If it's locked in a safe and cracky home invades you at 3:00 am and your not laying in your bed with your holster on then it's no use as a defense weapon.
    So you would abolish roughly 80% of the firearms out there? Would you buy them back at fair market value before the ban effected prices? How long do you think it will take to get all of those guns? How much will it cost? Are you banning shotguns, revolvers, or lever-guns? most/many carry over 5 rounds.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    So you would abolish roughly 80% of the firearms out there? Would you buy them back at fair market value before the ban effected prices? How long do you think it will take to get all of those guns? How much will it cost? Are you banning shotguns, revolvers, or lever-guns? most/many carry over 5 rounds.
    ME I would abolish 100% of these silly 13 century bang bangs tools of death you all hold so dear.
    Leave the guns for the military and possibly the police. I've lived nearly 60 years on this earth and never once felt that a gun would make my life 1% better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    the oil industry has been and remains a critical part of ours and the world's economy

same same medical industry

guns and ammo, not so much
    Yes, but why?

The oil industry remains a critical part because we are reluctant to change. Oil powers engines, but we can work to make it a smaller share. Oil provides plastics, but we have alternatives that biodegrade. Oil is critical because we allow it to be and we allow it to be because it claims to create jobs despite the fact that it was established back as far as Bill Clinton that renewables create more jobs.

The medical industry has put the insurance companies between us and the doctors. We all need insurance, so they have the money to fight meaningful change.

It's not just that the gun industry is small. They use their disposable income well to buy the politics they want. It is worse that we feed wealth to companies that they use to pervert the politics that we need to improve the quality of our lives.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

C) Having a gun in a home you are 80% more likely to shoot yourself, or someone you know or love.

Those are just the facts man so live out your Charles Bronson gun lust wet dream but it's not factual
    I sleep like a log cracky would be in and out with my TV before I even rolled over in my sleep.
    Lol, you can be as offensive as you please, it won't change the fact that you won't get your way, certainly not in your lifetime?
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

And that is why I do not own a gun.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

ME I would abolish 100% of these silly 13 century bang bangs tools of death you all hold so dear.
    I don't hold them dear, as I've said a million times here, I'd have them all gone if I were king of the world. Reality is more powerful than yours and my hopes and dreams. Sorry about your luck.

~C. Ross

the oil industry has been and remains a critical part of ours and the world's economy

There are ways to deliver health care for far less cost, affordable by all, no bankruptcies need to occur.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I don't hold them dear, as I've said a million times here, I'd have them all gone if I were king of the world. Reality is more powerful than yours and my hopes and dreams. Sorry about your luck.

Reality is more Americans want more responsible gun legislation. The fact that our elected official, mostly on the right, are working against what their constituents want, and are in bed with the NRA tells me all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    And that is why I do not own a gun.
    The fun part about a gun is you don't have to retrieve it from your safe, you don't have to chamber a round, you don't have to aim it at anyone, and the most important thing, you don't have to pull the trigger... You make this statement like you're possessed and compelled to do all of these things. I'm not saying that a gun is the right thing for you, but if you had a gun, and you can't manage to not shoot someone willy nilly, you shouldn't drive a car either. It takes an awful lot to make a gun go bang, a lot of steps and intent. Which is why parents who shoot their children seeking into or out of the house belong in jail for massive negligence.

~C. Ross

Lol, you can be as offensive as you please, it won't change the fact that you won't get your way, certainly not in your lifetime?
    Pssssssssst Mike, this a silly little forum dedicated mostly to the love and care of woodenboats NO ONE HERE THINKS THEY ARE GOING TO GET THEIR WAY IN ANY LIFETIME. But I can express my views just as anyone can.

Reality is more Americans want more responsible gun legislation. The fact that our elected official, mostly on the right, are working against what their constituents want, and are in bed with the NRA tells me all I need to know.
    And I'm one of them. But take that too far, like a ban on semi-autos, and you've lost your majority. People want guns locked up, red flag laws, and universal background checks for all gun sales, but not a ban.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    There are ways to deliver health care for far less cost, affordable by all, no bankruptcies need to occur.
    i should like to commend you for becoming the absolute master of stating the obvious

Pssssssssst Mike, this a silly little forum dedicated mostly to the love and care of woodenboats NO ONE HERE THINKS THEY ARE GOING TO GET THEIR WAY IN ANY LIFETIME. But I can express my views just as anyone can.
    Yeah, but you're being a douche about it.

~C. Ross

And I'm one of them. But take that too far, like a ban on semi-autos, and you've lost your majority. People want guns locked up, red flag laws, and universal background checks for all gun sales, but not a ban.
    I totally agree with that and I would be happy with that.

BUT WHAT I WAN'T is to melt ALL guns, and criminalize all possession of all firearms, with huge fines and prison for offenders. Yea I'm not gonna get that but hey no harm in dreaming.

Yeah, but you're being a douche about it.
    Are you new here ?

I don't know what is worse. The oil industry is 8% of our economy and they stand in the way of renewable energy. The health insurance industry is 20% of our economy (that makes my head explode!) and they stand in the way of putting the doctors back in charge of health care.

i should like to commend you for becoming the absolute master of stating the obvious
    Thank you for the commendation,

but I suggest that you don't forget the context of your original comment.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

The fun part about a gun is you don't have to retrieve it from your safe, you don't have to chamber a round, you don't have to aim it at anyone, and the most important thing, you don't have to pull the trigger... You make this statement like you're possessed and compelled to do all of these things. I'm not saying that a gun is the right thing for you, but if you had a gun, and you can't manage to not shoot someone willy nilly, you shouldn't drive a car either. It takes an awful lot to make a gun go bang, a lot of steps and intent. Which is why parents who shoot their children seeking into or out of the house belong in jail for massive negligence.
    I don't actually have a daughter and I think you are taking me too literally.

I do more than my share of stupid things. I like being able to recover from them. Guns are too final for my taste.

I don't actually have a daughter and I think you are taking me too literally.

I do more than my share of stupid things. I like being able to recover from them. Guns are too final for my taste.
    Everybody does, but in order to shoot someone, you have to do a lot of really stupid things. For instance, one of the most stupid things the "Gun Crowd", liberals and cons alike, preach like there's no tomorrow, is to carry with one in the chamber. Like they were in a war zone or something . . . none of my firearms ever have one in the chamber unless I'm about to shoot it at a paper target at the range. I clear them, in a safe direction, whenever I pick them up, take them out of the safe, take them from a holster. And the best part, except for the range, they're in a safe. Outside of not having children, I have a zero chance of shooting someone accidentally.

~C. Ross

Are you new here ?
    Just sayin

~C. Ross

Everybody does, but in order to shoot someone, you have to do a lot of really stupid things. For instance, one of the most stupid things the "Gun Crowd", liberals and cons alike, preach like there's no tomorrow, is to carry with one in the chamber. Like they were in a war zone or something . . . none of my firearms ever have one in the chamber unless I'm about to shoot it at a paper target at the range. I clear them, in a safe direction, whenever I pick them up, take them out of the safe, take them from a holster. And the best part, except for the range, they're in a safe. Outside of not having children, I have a zero chance of shooting someone accidentally.
    Yea but every now and then, from time to time we all get sad.

Everybody does, but in order to shoot someone, you have to do a lot of really stupid things. For instance, one of the most stupid things the "Gun Crowd", liberals and cons alike, preach like there's no tomorrow, is to carry with one in the chamber. Like they were in a war zone or something . . . none of my firearms ever have one in the chamber unless I'm about to shoot it at a paper target at the range.
    I have a relative (female 60s) who keeps a loaded gun in her nightstand. She says it's safe because she does not keep one in the chamber. She is perhaps the last person on the face of the earth who should have a gun. She thinks she has the right mindset, but she doesn't.

There are levels of stupid and mine is the fumble kind. My wife's is the emotional anxiety-driven kind. I'm not sure which one scares me more, but we have no gun in the house.

Yea but every now and then, from time to time we all get sad.
    Yeah, and removing the stigma behind calling mercy for a week or a month is a really important thing. I'm an advocate for gun shops, ranges, and police departments having a no questions asked place to lock up your guns if you find yourself in that predicament. It should be a free service with a cleaners like ticket system. That way, even if I'm having my wife's brother over for the weekend with his kids, they can be absolutely secured. I would be cool with an armory even, like in colonial times.

~C. Ross

I have a relative (female 60s) who keeps a loaded gun in her nightstand. She says it's safe because she does not keep one in the chamber. She is perhaps the last person on the face of the earth who should have a gun. She thinks she has the right mindset, but she doesn't.

There are levels of stupid and mine is the fumble kind. My wife's is the emotional anxiety-driven kind. I'm not sure which one scares me more, but we have no gun in the house.
    And that's fair. Some day, as I get older, I'll probably feel the same way and remove them from my life.

~C. Ross

My wife's is the emotional anxiety-driven kind. I'm not sure which one scares me more, but we have no gun in the house.
    My wife is from Jersey, If we had a gun in the house I'm 100% confident that I would be shot dead many times over.

I don't own any guns. No need or desire to. Anyone tries to climb through my bedroom window I smack 'em over the head with my hiking staff, which I actually do keep by my bed, along with a can of bear spray. I sleep just fine, too.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I don't have any daughters. Just me and my wife. And she would never attempt to climb in through a window. She has keys to the doors and if she lost or forgot them she would phone me from the porch and ask me to let her in.

can't remember the last time we locked our doors
    couldn't even tell you where the keys to the house are

Privileged.

~C. Ross

Same, and our Tesla doesn't have any keys

Privileged.
    anybody that really wants in is simply gonna kick the door down anyways

I absolutely lock my doors. Sure someone could kick them in but I'd hear that and have my bear spray and stout diamond willow hiking staff at the ready. And I wouldn't be the least bit hesitant to use them. Bet I wouldn't accidentally spray myself in the foot or hit myself with the stick, either.