Thread: Does Hinckley still make sailboats?

Default Does Hinckley still make sailboats?

It sure does not look like it is in their modern product line.

F4CA0954-486F-4239-8A87-78D1D5358D3E.jpg

maybe the chef engineer personal experience has had some influence... The Hinkley Way.

https://www.hinckleyyachts.com/the-hinckley-way/
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Default Re: Does Hinckley still make sailboats?

aren't they collaborating with bmw to produce battery electric boats?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Nice styling.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I'll have a garage full of Porsches before I can afford a Hinckley.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Hickley bought Morris. I knew this because I met some people with a very nice Morris 'sailboat' in the islands , it impressed me .
    Hinckley Yachts, founded in Southwest Harbor in 1928, makes luxury sailing and power yachts. In the 88 years since then, the company has expanded to include facilities in Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey and Rhode Island. It has eight service yards along the East Coast and counts 1,500 Hinckley yacht owners and 5,000 service customers among its worldwide clientele.In 1998, Hinckley opened a manufacturing facility off Route 3 in Trenton where it builds power picnic boats. Hinckley itself was acquired by Scout Partners LLCat the end of 2010.
    Morris Yachts, a smaller company with about two dozen employees, was founded 40 years ago and has built more than 300 sailboats. Morris, which bills itself as “America’s premier builder of sailing yachts from 29 to 80 feet,”

I believe Hinckley will still build a sailboat but on a custom order basis only.
    "Be curious, not judgmental." - (Misattributed to Walt Whitman as recalled by) Ted Lasso

Didn't they get laughed out when they tried to copyright "Picnic Boat"?

I’ve mentioned before that the rental we stay at is alongside the Hinckley service yard in Southwest Harbor. There are usually 4-6 Morrises awaiting their turn at the travel lift in May.