Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masks: An informal unscientific survey.

Default Re: Masks: An informal unscientific survey.

I've probably seen <10 people wearing masks in Poland since I arrived in August. Not sure what the vaccination rates are like, but the effectiveness of wearing a mask is significantly reduced when so few in the community do. I've stopped wearing them.

On the other hand, masks were still required for public transit in Jena (Germany) when we visited there.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Caught Covid in April 2020, full range of symptoms. Smell came back. By June I had stopped working as the rhere was no comprehensive Covid safety protocol. By June Mona was getting a bone marrow transplant. Her immune system was at that point non assistant. Sametime Piggly Wiggly started selling a moonshine sanitizer. Hand Sanitizer – Full Throttle Sloonshine Moonshine (fullthrottledistillery.com)
    Must work spraying it on everything. Haven't had a cold in two years. There is a irony of sorts.
    1.5 ml originally retailed for $20 USD. When the idjets round here called a all clear. The same 1.5 ml jug sold for a dollar. So I cornered the market and let the Pandemics come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom from Rubicon View Post
    Must work spraying it on everything. Haven't had a cold in two years. There is a irony of sorts.
    Very few colds, and very little flu, during Covid. That has more to do with sensible precautions and reduced interactions than it does with cleaning surfaces, I'd suspect.

I've heard predictions that this flu year will be a bad one--people have given up the Covid precautions, and have now had a couple of years with no flu exposure.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Still have to be worn at our Doctors, which is a good Idea, it's full of sick people, You might catch something..
    Around town maybe 1 in a hundred wear them. We do in crowded places.
    Can't speak about the racial split because the UK only has about 3 to 4 percent each of Asian or Black minorities. and in this county not even half that.. I can go weeks without seeing either.
    We Both are fully jabbed and live in the oldest population area of the UK so the take up rate is extremely high, for the whole county it's about 80% of everyone for at least one jab and 65% have had all jabs (they're still working on the last one).
    This area has an average age of over 50, 99% of the over 50s have had at least one jab. and 90% have had all their jabs.
    Just an amateur bodging away..

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Emphasis on 'unscientific.'

You didn't include a control in your experiment.

Specifically, you need to clean out the wood stove pipe without a 'common paper mask', for the same length of time, and the same dirtiness of the stove pipe.

Then compare with your experimental condition, specifically, with a mask.

My guess is that next time that you clean your stovepipe...you will wear a mask.

That is, you believe in masks.
    It was not an "experiment" and I have no ambitions to do an "experiment" on masks, been cleaning wood stove pipes for a long time, just a fact about the most common masks, don't be so pithy.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Pithy is great.
    But isn't that was creates the creosote, necessitating the chimney cleanout?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green