Thread: Just got a 210

Default Just got a 210

Hi Guys- Just reporting in that I found an International 210 (Ray Hunt) It is an older wooden one #345 (BANSHEE). It is in pretty good shape mostly, has been sitting out, covered for about 10 years but is all there.
    I have not researched the builder yet and am trying to access the International 210 Association. My intention is to get it all back up to speed and use as a daysailer. I would like to find a wooden mast for it and a serviceable set of sails. I am up in New England (USA) and this is the home to many of the 110/210's. Over the years they evolved over to aluminum spars and FG hulls so I know there a quite a few old wooden 210 masts just hanging in the overhead of garages and barns around here. If you know of one give me a shout.
    For background: I have been sailing / building wooden boats for many years. A few years ago I spied a boat under a cover for a couple of years along the road in a town nearby. Later I noticed that the cover was deteriorating so one day I stopped to have a look. It was Int. 110 #66 (TERANO) with all the original hardware, spars and all from Lawley in 1939. I couldn't stand to see it dissolve away so eventually I was able to save it and, after some work, over a couple of winters got it back afloat and sailing this past summer. But the 110 is small so I'm going to pass it on to my young neighbors next door and see how they do.
    The 210 seems less of a project. Might get here going this spring.

PM me if you know where there is a 210 mast. Cheers/ JC
    Last edited by JamesCaird; 11-21-2022 at 08:08 PM. Reason: correction

Default Re: Just got a 210

JamesCaird has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

There’s one here in Padanaram. Your PM box is full. Contact me off list for more.

OK- Cleared the PM's. Didn't realize they were still there. Try me now.

Great boat, you're going to have fun with that.

I rebuilt a 210 decades ago out in Hawaii, replaced all the frames from the mast to aft of the cockpit with sawn frames ( they were bent and many were broken, Hawaii is always heavy air sailing). Not hard, just tedious. Also check down to Gibson Island MD where there is a 210 fleet.
    Ben Fuller
    Ran Tan, Liten Kuhling, Tipsy, Tippy, Josef W., Merry Mouth, Imp, Macavity, Look Far, Flash and a quiver of other 'yaks.
    "Bound fast is boatless man."

They retired a club owned boat (Nomad) at Agamenticus YC in York, probably about 2004. It may be at York Harbor Marine, it was in good shape then, wood mast.

This guy made a bonfire of his, he may have some parts, I know he buried the keel
    https://www.homeyou.com/boley-design...ttery-point-me