Thread: Trump quote (wow!)

Default Trump quote (wow!)

Apparently this was part of a Nov 8 interview that went largely unnoticed in the excitement of the election. I think it provides real insight into the man.

Trump spoke to NewsNation's Markie Martin about the slew of Republican candidates on the roster for the midterms, and how much credit he deserves for the results. He said: "Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit, and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all. OK, but it'll probably be just the opposite."

Trump added, "When they win — I think they're going to do very well — I'll probably be given very little credit even though in many cases I told people to run, and they ran and they turned out to be very good candidates. [...] But usually what would happen is when they do well, I won't be given any credit and if they do badly, they will blame everything on me."
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...ctions-credit/
    Last edited by CWSmith; 11-13-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Default Re: Trump quote (wow!)

He apparently believes he 'the best' of anything, and persecuted, the most, for being the worst. I think he probably believes that and thinks that other people almost as good as himself, also believe it and behave in the same ways he does. Why the Rs show up indignantly with in accusation is projection mode. I also have the hunch that he still sees all of his personal history as winning and being persecuted for it by jealous wannabes. I will be so glad when I finally have no reason at all to think about him, and no danger of, or stress over, ever hearing his malevalent, noxious voice again.

I predict there will be a day when the common expression for something that's the worst, really, really sh!tty, is 'bad as trmp.' "This sh!t is as bad as trmp! It has to cease, mofo!" And of course, in obscure corners of misery, there will be the occasional deluded moron who has '45' tatooed to his throat. And incel on his forehead.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 11-13-2022 at 10:03 AM.

The part I don’t get, is these aspects of his personality have been on open public display for decades. Did people think he was joking?

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    The part I don’t get, is these aspects of his personality have been on open public display for decades. Did people think he was joking?
    nope
    gas lighting 101- unburden people of the effort to think. They don’t know, they don’t know. He knows. He can be their avatar for wishful thinking and resentment.

It is the cult of celebrity. Totally talentless people, if given a break on TV, can become celebrities, for being on TV.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Imagine the quarterback saying before the game 'If we win it will be because I'm such a great QB, but if we lose it's because the rest of the team let me down.'
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Imagine the quarterback saying before the game 'If we win it will be because I'm such a great QB, but if we lose it's because the rest of the team let me down.'
    Brady’s been saying that for years.

Nothing new here. This is a typical thing he says. I wish he would just shut up

SUCH a loser.

And yet still the Stumps won't care.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Packer fan by chance?

Not that I'm a huge Brady fan, but in fairness, I've heard him say that he blew it or that he didn't play well many times when he was with the Pats.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

And a Trump supporter, I have heard.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Everyone knew he cheated on all his wives, bankrupted most of his businesses, refused to release taxes, etc. and it seems they didn't care. The number of those who don't care has, however, been shrinking.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

What do you expect? Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and not mentally all there.

I'm not betting on it, but I think there's some chance of a large majority of the right wing turning completely against him. The damage he's done remains either way, but still . . .
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 11-13-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Everyone knew he cheated on all his wives, bankrupted most of his businesses, refused to release taxes, etc. and it seems they didn't care. The number of those who don't care has, however, been shrinking.
    Vernon.

I was behind a pickup truck that had a sticker of a raised middle finger and 'Vaccinate this.'
    Shortly after the SOTUS Roe debacle began, my Wife put one of these on the back of Her SUV. Hers is white on a black background.

It makes me a little bit nervous. The kind of people this is aimed at are the kind of people that drive vehicles with gun racks in the cab. Why piss them off on the freeway? Why give em a reason to start something?

The kind of people that’s aimed at won’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Yesterday I was behind a pickup that was rolling coal leaving every stop light. Black, black cloud of exhaust.

Two days ago in Wallace, Idaho, I was behind a pickup truck that had a sticker of a raised middle finger and 'Vaccinate this.'

Three days ago I saw a barn with a flag on its roof, 'Let's Go Brandon.'

I wish that they all would just shut up.
    Gawd sure works in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Gas lighting means you never need to rectify contradictions or lack of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Yesterday I was behind a pickup that was rolling coal leaving every stop light. Black, black cloud of exhaust.

Two days ago in Wallace, Idaho, I was behind a pickup truck that had a sticker of a raised middle finger and 'Vaccinate this.'

Three days ago I saw a barn with a flag on its roof, 'Let's Go Brandon.'

I wish that they all would just shut up.
    In the UK, that pick-up truck would be pulled over by the police, and probably crushed.
    How come the US tolerates pollution? Why do morons do it?

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    In the UK, that pick-up truck would be pulled over by the police, and probably crushed.
    1) Because their little minds think it's cool
    2) Because it pisses off the libs

It also dramatically shortens the lifespan of the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Vernon.

Shortly after the SOTUS Roe debacle began, my Wife put one of these on the back of Her SUV. Hers is white on a black background.

It makes me a little bit nervous. The kind of people this is aimed at are the kind of people that drive vehicles with gun racks in the cab. Why piss them off on the freeway? Why give em a reason to start something?
    the kind of people that is aimed at mostly t know what a uterus looks like

your wife sounds awesome
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by birlinn View Post
    We have regions with different tolerances. Morons do it to piss people off. Or their moms made fun of them as kids.

Drove over the border into upper New York state last week. Drove past a lot with a mobile home obviously on its last legs and a collapsing barn with a big trump sign on its side.. Couldn't help but wonder what the owner was thinking. Was the millionaire on his side or was this a sign of the trumpian future? How so many in America look up to this multi-time loser is beyond my ken.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    Drove over the border into upper New York state last week. Drove past a lot with a mobile home obviously on its last legs and a collapsing barn with a big trump sign on its side.. Couldn't help but wonder what the owner was thinking. Was the millionaire on his side or was this a sign of the trumpian future? How so many in America look up to this multi-time loser is beyond my ken.
    Because he pandered to their lower instinkes and they fell for it. Despite their getting nothing for their support, they still cling to his lies. Bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    Northern NY (Plattsburg out to Ogdensburg - or thereabouts) is a study in folks living in poverty or close to it who support Trump. Bizarre to me as they live in the same state where Trump is well known for being a liar & a sleaze. I drove Rtes 11& 27 out there early in the summer & was blown away by the number of pro-Trump & F&*# Biden signs/flags.

ETA: They may be in the same state, but northern NY is the bastard stepchild as far as state gov't goes - they get little help. NY is really 3 states: south of Albany (NYC, long Island, & Westchester country in particular), northern NY, and western NY (Rochester-Buffalo).

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Not that I'm a huge Brady fan, but in fairness, I've heard him say that he blew it or that he didn't play well many times when he was with the Pats.
    Isn't there a whole bunch of Bradys?
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    Because he pandered to their lower instinkes and they fell for it. Despite their getting nothing for their support, they still cling to his lies. Bit depressing.
    Lower instinkes. Perfect!
    Rick

Last summer, North Dakota. I have no idea if they were being ironic or not, with the sign on the falling-down wreck of a barn. I'd bet not.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Whatever the case, it fits!
    Rick

Oh I dunno, the barn has a certain elegance about it, and was probably errected with community labour helping.
    Alltogether still too good for donald.

Trump made it very clear early who he was. And lots of Bilge people have elaborated on his pathologies. Some of them quite recently.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20366662

So I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised, shocked, or still disturbed by his mental health issues.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

You're right. Something old but plastic would be more suitable.
    Rick

I took Ken to see Randy Rainbow's show for his birthday last night in downtown Charlottesville. Randy was as funny as you could imagine from viewing his YouTube channel.

Randy was musing on Trump's "announcement" tomorrow, he may be awash with new material....ugh!

Side note: hilarious show.

I didn't realize until we were pulling out of our parking space, that we where parked within 10 feet of where Heather Heyer lost her life during the "Unit the Right" riot.

Sad news this morning while we were at the concert last night.... a mass shooting at UVA less than 3/4 mile from where we were enjoying laughs at Trump's expense.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SKIP KILPATRICK; 11-14-2022 at 07:19 AM.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Given Trump's record of destroying virtually everything he's touched, we might want to breathe a sigh of relief. Our democracy may actually survive the Donald Trump wrecking machine.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book