Thread: I wan'na see Trump run again in 2024

Default I wan'na see Trump run again in 2024

He would insure a Dem victory, fr'sure. But more to the point, I wan'na see him continue to make an utter fool of himself. And I wan'na see his MAGA sheep continue to make utter fools of themselves.

Default Re: I wan'na see Trump run again in 2024

I'd like to see Trump run- the lard bucket would probably have a heart attack if he tried anything more energetic than a waddle.

Hopefully a third party run. I can’t imagine TFG giving up the limelight and any reconciliation by TFG for the good of the party would be self emasculation. It’ll be weird for the Republican Party how to quietly push the old guy out the door without disavowing his popular white nationalist appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Hopefully a third party run.
    That would certainly be good for the country, as it would almost for sure guarantee a Republican loss.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

I am very reluctant to underestimate him, or his ability to attract a very scary segment of our society. I think he could be far more disruptive to any GOP bid if left on the sideline to comment and criticize.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

With luck, by 2024 he will have split the party. The question comes down to whether the Anti-Trumpists will get behind DeSantis.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

with luck, by 2024 he will have died, having stroked out whilst fuming his rage to a crowd of maga white supremacists
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

My hunch is that DeSantis will take the nomination in a series of increasingly tirade-filled primaries from Drumph.

He is almost as dangerous as Drumpf, and from a practical viewpoint, even more so because more voters will take him more seriously than Drumph.

If Drumph DID win the nod, however, my further hunch is that he would be squashed in 2024, especially if Joe does NOT run, which, although he has done a decent job, he probably shouldn't run again.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

DeSantis may be more dangerous than Trump because he isn't tainted. DeSantis is just as extreme while Trump will (should) have growing legal problems.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    He would insure a Dem victory, fr'sure. But more to the point, I wan'na see him continue to make an utter fool of himself. And I wan'na see his MAGA sheep continue to make utter fools of themselves.
    I think he is announcing on the 15th. I really hope he does not.

I wanna see him standing before a judge getting at least 20 years, for stealing Top Secret, compartmented information. Just for starters. Then there’s lesser crimes such as stealing official unclassified documents. And inciting riots/insurrection.
    Something about tax fraud too. Just saying.

I hope he runs. DeSantis will get the nomination, TFG will bad mouth him all the way to election day and DeSantis will lose.

Or, he will run and the bloodbath that ensues between him and DeSantis fractures the GOP and there is a collective meltdown. Either way a democrat gets elected president; hopefully not Biden and Harris.

If Masters, Lake and Walker all lose TFG is pretty much done as a GOP kingmaker.

The only better possible scenario is that TFG gets the nomination but gets sentenced to prison before the election. He could go down in history as twice impeached or thrice impeached and the only president to serve a prison term.

I want to see Don Jr. take a run at elected office and get skinned alive in the press as he fails miserably and slinks away in disgrace. Mark my words; as soon as TFG is no longer relevant that harpy bitch Guilfoyle is going to drop Jr. like a turd.....

Trump had a lousy track record, as a citizen. None as a politician. DeSantis has a track record as a governor, and I don't think it will play well to most voters.

Lots of people have lost betting against Trump. I don't understand this strange hold he has on people, but I accept he has it.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    He's set a fine trap for himself there.
    He can announce his candidacy and spend the next month competing with the Georgia runoff for media attention, and (if he actually files the paperwork) engages all the campaign finance limitations and oversight.
    Or he can squirm a bit and come up with some other BS announcement and look like an absolute chump.

place yer bets.

My bet is that he declares his candidacy because 1) he needs the cash even if it does come with limitations and 2) he imagines that Official Candidacy will shield him from prosecution.

I've been wrong before.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    He's set a fine trap for himself there.
    He can announce his candidacy and spend the next month competing with the Georgia runoff for media attention, and (if he actually files the paperwork) engages all the campaign finance limitations and oversight.
    Or he can squirm a bit and come up with some other BS announcement and look like an absolute chump.

place yer bets.

My bet is that he declares his candidacy because 1) he needs the cash even if it does come with limitations and 2) he imagines that Official Candidacy will shield him from prosecution.

I've been wrong before.
    Also if Trump announces the RNC stops paying his Legal fees. Why they have done that makes no sense to me. Grifter in Chief!

I expect a Ron DeSantis Republican presidential primary win and a furious Donald Trump consequently running as a third party candidate. I also expect that Trump will be running while under a federal criminal indictment but free on his own recognizance. The next year should be very interesting.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 11-11-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

I hope he does run, for the same reason.

The problem is that the US has at least 70 million idiots. That's an awful lot of baggage. The only good news is that, whatever happens re nominations, the GOP will tear itself to pieces. The bad news is that those of us who want a decent world will have a renewed GOP in about 4 years to deal with and, probably, a DP that's gone to seed.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Quote Originally Posted by Wine47 View Post
    Also if Trump announces the RNC stops paying his Legal fees. Why they have done that makes no sense to me. Grifter in Chief!
    I heard it said on TV that despite his efforts to raise money, he gave very little to the candidates he supported. So either he is holding it for his own run, or he is holding it for his own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    I expect a Ron DeSantis Republican presidential primary win and a furious Donald Trump consequently running as a third party candidate. I also expect that Trump will be running while under a federal criminal indictment but free on his own recognizance. The next year should be very interesting.
    What a lovely picture you paint! That is an outcome I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Hopefully a third party run. I can’t imagine TFG giving up the limelight and any reconciliation by TFG for the good of the party would be self emasculation. It’ll be weird for the Republican Party how to quietly push the old guy out the door without disavowing his popular white nationalist appeal.
    In Russia, I believe, they use windows.

There is an op-ed piece in today's NYTimes that points out that after the mid-term defeats in 1998, Newt Gingrich ( that miserable SOB ) was forced to resign, and that two years later a popular governor ( Dubya ) picked up the pieces and won ( with the help of the Supreme Court ). Substitute DeSantis for Dubya and there is a possible template for 2024.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

TFG’s latest tweets are golden, the most beautiful tweets.
    Wait if he’s not on Twitter then what should his droppings be called?
    Droops.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...failing-Nation

Another opportunity for the vast majority of Republicans to unanimously shout him down and disown him. Anyone who doesn't has no stake in this country.

It is good that Donald keeps reminding us what a pathetic whining vindictive little turd he really is.