Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Time to Reinvent Myself

Default Re: Time to Reinvent Myself

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Good to see your name pop up , Chris.. glad to see it's all good for you.

Yes Katherine, I've been wondering too why you don't take some time for yourself . I admire the drive but a reset can be good for one.
    Have you seen the price of hay lately?
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    Have you seen the price of hay lately?
    Hay smay, take some $$$ buy two months worth of it, pick where want, rent an AirBnB buy a plane ticket and GO...............
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    So my best friend for 50 years after years of struggling to secure worthwhile work in the greater Boston area listened to my advice and sold his house and moved 20 min from me. He sold at the height of the market and walked away with $400K in the bank. He’s here 2 months job hunting and day training ( not a good month last month for him ) and volunteering at a food bank. He’s an A++++++++++++++ personality and is FREAKING THE FOOK OUT and living on top ramen. I’m like dude you will find the right position and there are simply way more opportunities here and you have nearly a half a million dollars in the bank, RELAX the right thing will present itself. I can literally hear his nerves grinding as he talks to me.

Joe, about reinventing, is there a way you can set up your friend to "help out" somewhere until he finds the right job? Chances are, that he will then stay helping out forever because chances might be he will never find the right job again, but still, it would get him off the street and give him something better to do than worry while also getting some cash in? Normally employers will try to assess whether someone will fit into company and team and if someone has not worked for too long a time and also done nothing else, there may be concerns that that person is looking for something that the employer can not offer or that the fire is simply out. Going self employed might also be a way forward for him - IIRC you stated some time he was art director or something like that. Investment for teleworking art (for advertisements) would probably not be too high and if he is good, customers will likely come back. Teacher might also be a way forward. But it sounds as if he is lacking initiative and guts to try something new at the moment, so, setting him up to help out somewhere just might do him a favour. And doing somebody a favour by "helping out" just might get him to try something new which normally he would not consider.
    Last edited by Henning 4148; 11-18-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    Katherine, I have no idea of ( nor desire to dig into ) your financial situation - but, knowing your love of horses - is there a possibility of your getting involved with 'therapeutic riding' venues someplace ? Just a wild thought. Good luck with all your endeavors !

Rick
    Come on guys...Horses...you have to have a lot of money so you can lose a lot of money..I know.

I am sure that Katherice, from what I have gathered, has loads of talent and smarts..I think she will do quite well. Wish I had the brains to actually help.

Quote Originally Posted by Henning 4148 View Post
    Joe, about reinventing, is there a way you can set up your friend to "help out" somewhere until he finds the right job? Chances are, that he will then stay helping out forever because chances might be he will never find the right job again, but still, it would get him off the street and give him something better to do than worry while also getting some cash in? Normally employers will try to assess whether someone will fit into company and team and if someone has not worked for too long a time and also done nothing else, there may be concerns that that person is looking for something that the employer can not offer or that the fire is simply out. Going self employed might also be a way forward for him - IIRC you stated some time he was art director or something like that. Investment for teleworking art (for advertisements) would probably not be too high and if he is good, customers will likely come back. Teacher might also be a way forward. But it sounds as if he is lacking initiative and guts to try something new at the moment, so, setting him up to help out somewhere just might do him a favour. And doing somebody a favour by "helping out" just might get him to try something new which normally he would not consider.
    I've offered him to become my operational manager he turned it down. I offered to finance and partner with him on my Tesla "Grill" decal business. He's a design director and has a great eye and web designing ability. I figured he would design the grills over see production ( I already found a manufacture ) and marketing, I would be in charge of sales and funding the company. He said no.

About a year or two ago another friend needed a website refresh and was asking me for design advice, knowing that my other friend needed work I brokered a deal, which turned out to be a disaster mainly because they are totally different personalities, but mainly because the one friend thinks very highly of his abilities and is not that good at reading the room or the clients wishes. I know this first hand when I was looking to brand the pet salon & pet taxi business. When he produced a design that would be better suited for a Swiss Tech Startup not a dog grooming business. Again when I commented it's not even remotely close to our current brand ( that I designed ) he shot back an insult that this is what he does professionally and your "illustration" logo was pedestrian. Needless to say I didn't use him.

Hey we are friends and I love him and will always support him but he has to make his own way, and he's super smart and I know he will do what he's meant to do.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I missed this thread.
    I'm terribly sorry for you Katherine.
    if Paul & you are planning a resourcing trip in Europe, my home is yours.
    And why not seek a new career in France or Germany ???
    I seem to remember that Paul had a French project.
    Keep your energy.
    Last edited by Rapelapente; 11-18-2022 at 03:56 PM.
    Gerard.
    SCHOONER FOR EVER, GOELETTE A PERPETE

http://www.goelette-anthea.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I've offered him to become my operational manager he turned it down. I offered to finance and partner ...

Hey we are friends and I love him and will always support him but he has to make his own way, and he's super smart and I know he will do what he's meant to do.

Good of you that you tried!!!!

Now we switch back for some update on Katherine .... ?