Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did we get here ?

Default Re: How did we get here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dikhaut View Post
    Well, when I have asked posters here for clarification on their posts I’ve been told to Google it for myself. I assume this is the etiquette here. I do not have a link handy. It has been a while since I have read about Rev. Warnock’s escapades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it took 15 seconds to google it. Your misinterpretation is obvious.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    Proof? You take Warnock's word is true. I have no idea what would constitute proof for you.

I would suggest that you use whatever news service you trust to determine your version of truth.

Your video sits above some text saying the church evicted families. The video filed shows eviction notices. Over as little as $115. The video appears to be similar to those I have seen or reports I have read.
    https://www.ajc.com/politics/an-apar...IHFK64DBCTUFM/

I'm sure you would rather believe the person that flashes a fake police badge.

Well, Joe should have an answer to his question now. Way too many fools that will believe any made up story that they want to think is true even if there is no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Zinke's ads never said his opponent's name, Monica Tranel, without the pejorative, 'Liberal.'

It stems from Limbaugh, I think, he demonized the word 'liberal.'
    I thought that came from Newt Gingrich. Then picked up by Limbaugh.

You come across as a concern troll.

At 63 posts and this thread drew him out I agree
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

What do you think, since you are equating Warnock and Walker?
    I am not equating Warnock and Walker. I think they are both terrible candidates. People will vote for one or the other based on the R or D in front of their names on the ballot.

We may still end up with senator Hershel Walker.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

I was referring to post no. 17
    The link in post #36 provides sufficient support.

But I usually read the New York Time, The Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post. I also get stuff on my phone. I am almost certain that the AP or other news service spread the same story. I would expect everyone interested would have found an almost identical story in their daily reading.
    Life is complex.

Humans have for thousands of years created myths and venerated our and mythical heroes. Ambitious individuals who resemble them, at least superficially, can use that to their advantage.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

IMHO:

It began with Limbaugh and Fox News, spewing their vile hate-filled propaganda 24/7. There were others, of course, equally as vile. I remember watching a tv show call something like “The Morton Downey Jr Show”. He would invite Democrats on his show to debate, then he and his audience would yell at them: “YOU PABLUM PUKING LIBERALS!!!”, and they would all laugh at the discomfort of the guests.

This degradation of our discourse has continued, now it is the candidates themselves who spew this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post
    IMHO:

It began with Limbaugh and Fox News, spewing their vile hate-filled propaganda 24/7. There were others, of course, equally as vile. I remember watching a tv show call something like “The Morton Downey Jr Show”. He would invite Democrats on his show to debate, then he and his audience would yell at them: “YOU PABLUM PUKING LIBERALS!!!”, and they would all laugh at the discomfort of the guests.

This degradation of our discourse has continued, now it is the candidates themselves who spew this trash.
    I go further back to the OG right wing shock jock Bob Grant

Grant is considered a pioneer of the conservative talk radio format and was one of the early adopters of the "combat talk" format

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I go further back to the OG right wing shock jock Bob Grant

Grant is considered a pioneer of the conservative talk radio format and was one of the early adopters of the "combat talk" format
    I remember a right wing tv opinion guy in LA around ‘70. Awful stuff mostly directed at the younger generation, anti-war demonstrators and colleges.

What are the chances that a troll named 'dik' would be such a 'dishonest', manipulative, verbose contributor?

Gotta be honest - I didn't see that coming.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I googled Warnock & evictions. Except one local TV station (https://www.wtvm.com/2022/10/18/raph...ncome-tenants/) all the other hits were way right sources that I would trust as far as I could throw 'em.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

That Dik - what a joker!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    I googled Warnock & evictions. Except one local TV station (https://www.wtvm.com/2022/10/18/raph...ncome-tenants/) all the other hits were way right sources that I would trust as far as I could throw 'em.
    I did a search of Warnock church evictions. One of the first results provided information of who manages the complex and several links to eviction proceedings. There was a statement attributed to Warnock indicating he was not involved in the day to day matters of the complex.

Much as I don't expect conservative press to be critical of conservatives, I don't expect the liberal press to be critical of liberals. But the facts are facts and you found a source that you more or less believe. Except that it agrees with the conservative press.

As I said I don't vote there and neither candidate reflects my values.

My wife works with a number of charities and she and they are more than willing to help people out on rent. If people are actually being evicted something is wrong and the face of the group takes the blame. Regardless.
    Life is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post

But you apparently trust the far left news sources. Hmmm….

But you apparently trust the far left news sources.
    Garret is about as far left as The Good Samaritan for many of the same reasons.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    That Dik - what a joker!

You seem to have some weird obsession with my username. If you must know, it was generated years ago by an automated password generator that I use sometimes. I removed a few numeric and special characters and have used it as a username occasionally over the years. Sorry to disappoint you, but it does not have anything to do with anyones dick.

I have no idea why you seem to be trying to antagonize me. If I said something that upset you it was not intentional. If this is the way you carry on when you disagree with a post you will have to continue without me. I am not interested in childish games. Your chides do not bother me in the least. I am happy to simply ignore them if you feel the need to continue.

Cheers.

Except that your reasoning was that Warnock 'ran over his wife.'

There is no evidence for that.

His wife has been on TV talking about it.

I bring out the trolls, don't I ?

But you apparently trust the far left news sources. Hmmm….

So Dikhaut thinks that WTVM is a far left news source? Yet it is affiliated and shares a studio with a Fox affiliate.

WTVM (channel 9) is a television station in Columbus, Georgia, United States, affiliated with ABC. It is owned by Gray Television, which provides certain services to dual NBC/CW+ affiliate WLTZ (channel 38, owned by SagamoreHill Broadcasting)[1] and Fox affiliate WXTX (channel 54, owned by American Spirit Media) under separate shared services agreements (SSAs). WTVM and WXTX share studios (which also house master control and most internal operations for WLTZ) on Wynnton Road (GA 22) in the Dinglewood section of Columbus; WTVM's transmitter is located in Cusseta, Georgia.

It stems from Limbaugh, I think, he demonized the word 'liberal.'
    Limbaugh, Gingrich and don't leave out Frank Luntz.

They have succeeded to the point that lots of conservatives do not think we have a right to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    So Dikhaut thinks that WTVM is a far left news source? Yet it is affiliated and shares a studio with a Fox affiliate.
    Thank you sir. I must admit I was shocked to hear that a local TV station in Georgia could be considered far left. Wonder what goes on in their basement?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

This would be relevant if any of the three papers did an investigation on the eviction notices; evictions, if any; and Warnock's knowledge of the evictions. Based on my internet searching, most of the discussion of the eviction notices is from conservative sources. As it stands, I think that it is harsh to castigate Warnock solely on this.

Thus, to say that Walker and Warnock are roughly equivalent, regarding your 'values', is an oversimplification.

Moreover, the control of the Senate likely will rest on the results of this race.

Are we to assume that your 'values' do not care if McConnell is in charge of the Senate?
    I don't know what investigations the papers did. I don't even know if the issue appeared in those papers. I would find the papers lacking if they did not comment on the issue, but I have no editorial control.

I made my judgement based on Warnock indicating he was not responsible for the day to day operations. He is the face of his church. He should accept the responsibility of making a comment as to what is happening. And taking appropriate action.

My values are reflected in not voting for either person. In that sense they are equivalent.

I don't worry much about who voters elect. That is the magic of a democracy. It reflects the will of the people. If you don't like the will, start a revolution.
    Life is complex.

O fer crissakes.

Warnock is so far superior to Walker, both as a man of religion and as a man, period, that it speaks ill of the Georgia electorate that there is a runoff at all.

Walker needs to be defeated so that Mitch McConnell can't subvert democracy any more than he has already in his infamous career. That ALONE is reason to vote for Warnock.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I bring out the trolls, don't I ?

yeah, but in a good way....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Warnock is so far superior to Walker, both as a man of religion and as a man, period, that it speaks ill of the Georgia electorate that there is a runoff at all.

Walker needs to be defeated so that Mitch McConnell can't subvert democracy any more than he has already in his infamous career. That ALONE is reason to vote for Warnock.
    Are you making a statement that Warnock has not made: that there is no substance in the eviction claims?

You set the bar low. As do the Democrats.

We are both in the same situation. Neither of us can vote in the election.
    Life is complex.

This would be relevant if any of the three papers did an investigation on the eviction notices; evictions, if any; and Warnock's knowledge of the evictions. Based on my internet searching, most of the discussion of the eviction notices is from conservative sources. As it stands, I think that it is harsh to castigate Warnock solely on this.
    I had a few moments to do work you seem to be lax in doing.

Newsweek has a liberal bias according to some. So https://www.newsweek.com/walker-prop...stions-1752855
    However, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that although a nonprofit entity of Ebenezer Baptist Church owned the Columbia Tower building before selling to a for-profit company in 2007, all eviction actions were filed by property management company Columbia Residential, which owns 1 percent of the building and manages the daily operations.
    But following the link to https://www.ajc.com/politics/complai...CUIMQB4AE4OQE/ reveals
    That nonprofit foundation once owned the Columbia Tower at MLK Village and has close ties to MLK Village Corp., the for-profit company which purchased it in 2007.

Ebenezer Baptist Church, the Ebenezer Building Foundation and MLK Village Corp. share the same address. The foundation and MLK Village Corp. also have three officers in common, records show.
    The obvious inference is that the church has converted the not for profit housing into for profit housing and still owns the housing. That appears to be supported by
    Warnock serves as senior pastor of the Ebenezer Baptist Church, which, through a charity it controls called the Ebenezer Building Foundation, owns 99 percent of Columbia Tower,
    Perhaps you can castigate now.
    Life is complex.

Expressing an equivalence of Warnock and Walker is navel gazing.
    It's all some people (including Republican, Libertarian, and Independent voters generally) have:

A bogus but persistent belief that a difference of degree cannot be a significant difference.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    It's all some people (including Republican, Libertarian, and Independent voters generally) have:

A bogus but persistent belief that a difference of degree cannot be a significant difference.

Tom
    They are both poor candidates. Difference of degree is irrelevant. The only reason to vote for one or the other is the R or D in front of their names. Neither will accomplish anything noteworthy in the senate except cast a vote for Senate leadership.

They are both poor candidates. Difference of degree is irrelevant.
    And there it is--that bogus persistent belief...

One person slaps you in a fit of rage--unjustified violence.

Another person pulls out a gun and shoots you when they get angry--unjustified violence.

Difference of degree is irrelevant. Right-wing Trumpist logic.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    And there it is--that bogus persistent belief...

One person slaps you in a fit of rage--unjustified violence.

Another person pulls out a gun and shoots you when they get angry--unjustified violence.

Difference of degree is irrelevant. Right-wing Trumpist logic.

Tom

Poor analogy. I am far from a right-wing Trumpist.

What has either Warnock or Walker said they will do in the senate that has inspired you? The only thing either will do is vote the party line. And that is all 99 percent of voters need to know about them.

Poor analogy. I am far from a right-wing Trumpist.

What has either Warnock or Walker said they will do in the senate that has inspired you? The only thing either will do is vote the party line. And that is all 99 percent of voters need to know about them.

All your Warnock accusations have no credible sources aside from right wing disinformation conspiracy blogosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Out View Post
    They are both poor candidates. Difference of degree is irrelevant. The only reason to vote for one or the other is the R or D in front of their names. Neither will accomplish anything noteworthy in the senate except cast a vote for Senate leadership.

Difference of degree is irrelevant to you because you lack the intelligence to rationally evaluate, compare, and contrast. You'll never know and understand what you don't know.