Thread: Bar Island Skiff - Hull flipped

Default Bar Island Skiff - Hull flipped

(RE-POSTED WITH PHOTOS CORRECTED)
    After a day of prep fabricating the posts & beam support structures, I borrowed a pair of come-along hoists, pulled out some heavy rope, and started the process. The challange was to lift the hull vertically up until the centerline was exactly 43-1/2" off the shop floor, rotate it 180 degrees, then lower it down onto the same rolling cradle that it sat on. I had less than 1" clearance (1/2" top & bottom) at the Bmax, so I had to be very careful when I started the rotation. I got it all the way to the 90 degree point, then three friends came over and helped me control the final stage. Everything was so close that at the 45 degree angle, I had to stop and pull the cradle out to the side, and angle it up against the shop wall so that the sides would clear the floor with 1/2" to spare. After the rotation was complete, I rotated it again 45 degrees (this time with the hull right-side up) and slid the cradle back under the hull before I lowered it down onto the cradle.
    It was all done without any injuries, and more importantly, no hull scratches! Easy, peasy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CaptChap; 10-03-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Bar Island Skiff - Hull flipped

Kudos, a good paint job.
    Now you need to figure out how to flip the images.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Nice.
    -Dave

Thanks, Nick. Yeah, I should have checked the photos as posted, but it was a long day, and I already had a few rums under my belt!
    Funny, but when I posted them on a different forum (Downeast Boat Forum) they came out right.