Thread: Happy birthday Jimmy Carter

Default Happy birthday Jimmy Carter

Ninety eight today.

Default Re: Happy birthday Jimmy Carter

A very rare person who lived/s his convictions and was far better than we deserved as POTUS.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

A good man.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Happy Birthday sir.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

A very fine man. Happy Birthday, Mr President!
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Hard to believe with good people like him in this country, we managed to find the absolute worst example of a human being on the planet and made him POTUS in 2016. What extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Hard to believe with good people like him in this country, we managed to find the absolute worst example of a human being on the planet and made him POTUS in 2016. What extremes.
    He told the truth and tried to do the right thing, and we fired him . . . Merica.
    In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    He told the truth and tried to do the right thing, and we fired him . . . Merica.
    I think he was trying to invest in the long term and we are a short term, ends justify the means country. His foreign policy was based on human rights and he made one exception that has come back to bite us in the butt ever since - the Shah of Iran.

I bet if he'd been POTUS when the Soviet Union fell he would have given them assistance much like we helped to rebuild Japan and things today would be very different.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

The epitome of how an ex-president should carry himself.

No one can ever take the Camp David Accords from him. A monumental achievement.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

The only president I ever personally met and had a conversaton with. Not about politics but about woodworking, which he also enjoyed. A good man and just too caring and truthful for the job, which is a terrible thing that must be said. He started us on a better path regarding energy use but it was the first thing his successor tore apart.

Happy birthday, President Carter.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.