Thread: 3-Point Sports Hydro Plans

Default 3-Point Sports Hydro Plans

As I move closer to retirement, I've been looking for plans for another outboard cruiser with a "retro" look, and really haven't cared for what is available. I finally found some plans I believe are complete enough to build, however they were little more than some blurry scans from a 1963 copy of "Science and Mechanics". Anyways, I downloaded a copy of Siemens Solid Edge 2D (It's Freeware) https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/fre...ware/overview/ and commenced to learning the basics of CAD.

After a week of trial and error, cursing, and some research on Youtube, I figured out the software well enough to create usable plans at 100% size, complete with dimensions saved as PDFs which can be printed at an print shop on a large-format plotter. They are uploaded to Google Drive at the links below if anyone cares to play around with them.

Cheers,

D

Sports Hydro PDF

Full Plans Including CAD in a zip file

Full-Sized PDF Only
    Last edited by Illinois Switzer; 09-30-2022 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: 3-Point Sports Hydro Plans

Have fun!

Thanks Thad. I'm just thrilled I was able to figure out Solid Edge well enough to digitize some full-sized plans.

Hello IS,

Nice to see that you're getting ready to build another boat.

I looked at the the pages from S&M and it looks like quite an nifty boat and also appears it will be interesting to build!

Good Luck!

Regards,
    Alan