Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omfg

Default Omfg

It couldn’t get worse? A woman handcuffed, put in the cruiser, the cruiser left on the railroad tracks? Really?

Default Re: Omfg

You should always respect the uniform.
    Unfortunately, the uniform is occasionally buttoned up around a total moron.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

f*** the police
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I just saw this on the news. The cop is on paid leave? Put a bullet in his head!!!

Watch the video.

https://youtu.be/HzhCKPF1edY
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I read the story a few days ago and nearly puked. She survived but, with some pretty bad injuries.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

He saw the train coming, got himself out of the way, and left her in the car!

How is that not a crime?
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    I read the story a few days ago and nearly puked. She survived but, with some pretty bad injuries.
    Including brain injuries. This is life-changing for her.

What did this cop think would happen?

Break him.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Why did the douchebag cop have an assault rifle? My country is so F'ed up!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post

She wasn't white so he didn't care.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Unbelievable stupidity.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Apparently, there was a report of some sort of road rage incident.

They had rifles aimed at her.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I just saw this on the news. The cop is on paid leave? Put a bullet in his head!!!

Watch the video.

https://youtu.be/HzhCKPF1edY
    It's OK, with a name like Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, she's almost certainly got brown skin.

Here's the whole 8+ minute video from the police department. Including video of the illegal search they're doing on her truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SW7qNcgy68

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

FFS. The idiot who stopped the cruiser on the RR track should be in jail, charged with dereliction and negligent homocide and the other cops on scene should be fired and charged with criminal negligence, at the least. The state of Colorado just made that woman and her family multi-millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    FFS. The idiot who stopped the cruiser on the RR track should be in jail, charged with dereliction and negligent homocide and the other cops on scene should be fired and charged with criminal negligence, at the least. The state of Colorado just made that woman and her family multi-millionaires.
    You're right! His crime starts with stopping the car on the tracks. That alone goes against training.

Criminal negligence to park on the railroad track. Major stupidity to not realize the train was coming their way.
    It's barely possible that a very quick witted and courageous officer could have pulled her out but these losers look neither quick witted nor courageous. Besides facing charges, every officer present saw the cruiser was on railroad tracks and thus should be fired. They are all liable.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    You're right! His crime starts with stopping the car on the tracks. That alone goes against training.
    And against the law!

Whatever the road rage incident may have been, I hope the woman will be OK & that the town can afford the millions a court will (& should) award her. As said - all the cops involved should be fired + the one who did it should go up for attempted murder.

There is no excuse for this.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    And against the law!

Whatever the road rage incident may have been, I hope the woman will be OK & that the town can afford the millions a court will (& should) award her. As said - all the cops involved should be fired + the one who did it should go up for attempted murder.

There is no excuse for this.
    I noticed that the cops have not claimed they found guns in the car. Probably stopped the wrong car to start with. I think they were careless of her safety because she was accused of something terrible, even if the accusation was false.

In one of the vids an officer claimed to have found a firearm. And they already had a holster. So perhaps they will try to trade some sort of firearms charge for their own malfeasance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    In one of the vids an officer claimed to have found a firearm. And they already had a holster. So perhaps they will try to trade some sort of firearms charge for their own malfeasance.
    Sop, is Colorado the only state where it is illegal to carry a holstered gun in a car?

https://www.google.com/search?client...ar+in+colorado

Title 18: Colorado allows a person to carry a firearm in a vehicle if its use is for lawful protection of such person or another's person or property. [C.R.S. 18-12-105(2)] Colorado law also allows a person to possess a handgun in a dwelling, place of business, or automobile.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

They're only trying to justify chasing her car after the alleged road rage incident. This is another example of why ACAB. They were punishing her for not immediately stopping and acknowleging their power. I'm not suggesting that they deliberately left her on the train tracks, but that they had already decided she was a perp and needed to be treated as one. If you run from a cop, or resist in any way, even talk back or assert your right to not have your car searched illegally, you're assaulting their authority and manliness, and that's where the gross excess of force and police brutality comes from. Not that simple compliance will guarantee your safety once they've identified you as a perp of some kind.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

could it get worse?
    there could have been no cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Trump up charges much?

Is our language not wonderful?

Ubiquitous video recording has been a huge change, although some police don't quite seem to have caught on that almost everything they do will be preserved and viewed in court. Without the cell phone video, Darek Chavin might never even have been tried for George Floyd's murder; it would have degenerated into 'he said she said', and there wouldn't have been enough evidence - not beyond a reasonable doubt, anyway, since at least at one time, cops tended to get the benefit of the doubt.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

There is an 8 minute video, at 5:13 we can hear the train horn, the cops figure out what is happening about 17 seconds later, and the train hits at 5:30
    Yachting, the only sport where you get to be a mechanic, electrician, plumber and carpenter

If all the land vehicles, trains are notoriously hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    If all the land vehicles, trains are notoriously hard to predict.
    You know? Never can tell where one is going to turn up, could be anywhere, right?

How hard could it be? Don't park on the ****ing train tracks!!! Idiots.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,

Richard Feynman

From a psychological POV it's almost understandable. At almost every railroad crossing, at most times of the day, on any day, there are no trains and no signs of trains. Unless you have something to actually do with trains, like working on them or living by the tracks, you might think they just never go by, and that an empty crossing will continue to be empty for as long as you feel like hanging out doing whatever dumb-ass stuff you want to do. Not only do some of these brainless types actually just stop on the tracks for whatever reason, some of them actively drive around the barriers that come down when a train is actually approaching.

There does seem to be something compelling about walking on train tracks. It's maybe a more direct route and less observable if you're on foot through an area, and again, no trains in sight, so why not? Surely if a train were to come a person would simply just get off the tracks, and still people get killed doing just that. Who among us hasn't at one time walked along an empty train track?

There was a pair of kids in my high school senior class in seventy-two who stopped their car on the tracks to light up a doobie, and got hit. The girl survived mostly unscathed but the boy lost a leg. There has to be a thousand other places to stop your car where it won't get hit, WTF is wrong with some people?

Isn't there a law about becoming responsible for the safety of anyone taken into custody?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    There does seem to be something compelling about walking on train tracks. . . . Who among us hasn't at one time walked along an empty train track?
    Oh, definitely. The tracks normally go through the back of things, interesting area and a different perspective. But trains are noisy and obvious, and two steps will get you out of the way if you're even halfway conscious. Parking a car and leaving it is different, even if there were nobody in it.

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post

I believe the operative word here is "think" inasmuch as not a whole lot of thinking took place.

But I think the larger issue is, and I don't have any information specific to this incident, that there is far too much recruitment by law enforcement agencies of former military. PD's believe that former soldiers and their familiarity with weaponry make ideal candidates to become LEO's.

What they seem to continually fail to take into account is that former military are trained to see all encounters with other people as adversarial, and perhaps not even see these encounters as being with fellow human beings.

Candidates should be pulled from the ranks of the civilian population, not from a pool of people who have been trained to kill and show oftentimes a wanton disregard for human life. And I make the statement regarding a disregard for human life based on the training modalities within the military that seem to bake into the candidate that extinguishing the life of another is right, just and patriotic.

There's no switch that can turn that mindset off with a 30 year old marine after 3 tours in a battle space simply by putting him or her in a patrol car.

Serve and Protect, maybe by some, but as an overall ethos, yeah right.

Too many LEO's operate with the aphorism; "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6," on a continuous feedback loop every time they suit up for work.

Shameful that this is the state of play in the US of A.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    You know? Never can tell where one is going to turn up, could be anywhere, right?

How hard could it be? Don't park on the ****ing train tracks!!! Idiots.
    IIRC it's illegal to stop on RR tracks, let alone park there.

But cops often make a point of parking anywhere, any which a way, just to show their power, as if it made up for their pea brains. Marking territory like a dog peeing on a bush.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Which is why I think not only should cops be recruited from the general population, but that every citizen should be compelled to do a term as a cop. Get ‘drafted,’ get trained, do a regular tour of duty. If everyone, with a few obvious exceptions, is compelled to serve, and has that training and experience, the bullies and the trigger happy would be a minority, and there would be vastly better relationships between cops and civilians.