Thread: Bumper stickers

Default Bumper stickers

What kind of person thinks profane bumper stickers on their car is funny? I just don’t get it. I drove up from Tennessee to Maine to be at my other daughters wedding and along the way saw a new variation of “Fxck Your Feelings” driven by a guy a few years older than me and here in Maine a truck with “I eat milf and cookies”. Is sounding like a 14 yr old boy now the norm? Anyway my 8 yr old granddaughter is becoming a reader and she has a lot better eyesight than me.

Default Re: Bumper stickers

I’m just happy the truck gronicles seem to have disappeared. At least in Texas. There was a general law enforcement consensus that anyone sporting a pair needed lots of tickets.

Same with T-shirts.
    Some people ain't got no class.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Not just bumper stickers. I see a lot of banners nailed to the sides of peoples houses: "lets go brandon" is about the mildest, "f*** Biden" is common, as well as the same for our Governor Mills. SMH

My initial response is “Does their mother know they have that?”

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

it's um...what's the word....oh yea, deplorable

Yeh, no class just about sums it up.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

shows you which side the cops are on

virtually every state has an obsenity law which would apply to profane bumper/window stickers, even in the face of constitutionaly protected speech
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Right after the SCOTUS bit the let loose the furor over Roe, my Wife bought a sticker and placed it on the back of Her SUV. A white outline of a cross-section of a uterus with one of the fallopian tubes turned up to form a hand flipping the bird. When I first saw it, I thought it was cute, but immediately thought, and mentioned to Her, that it might not be a smart idea to signal your political stance like that because, these days, you don't know who will see it, maybe someone already over the top for something unrelated but tired of uppity lib women or something, and be enraged enough to road rage all over you. You might get pushed into a ditch at high speed by some punk in a jacked up fck Brandon truck.

In my life I've had exactly one bumper sticker on one of my cars. In a moment of impulse, when I was a twenty-something kid in the air force stationed down in Texas, I put an 'EAT MORE POSSUM' sticker on the back of my brand new Fiat 124 spider.

Way back in the sixties, as a just licensed kid driving mom's station wagon, I pulled up alongside a woman in car with a 'honk if you're horny' sticker. I honked. She looked around like WTF, apparently not cognizant of the effect on some literal minded teenager.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

honk if you're horny....
    i wrote with magic marker, on the top of my vw bus, while driving through Texas, "honk if you "heart" boobies"
    my wife and son had no idea that was up there, but both commented on the freindlyness of truckers in Texas.

My spouse doesn't put any stickers on her classic PT Cruiser. We bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma in April. So far, no stickers on it. No vandalism yet on our DFL campaign signs in our yard. I view really objectional lawn signs and bumper stickers as a public service advertisement.