Thread: Converted Bristol Bay Gillnetter on Seattle CL

Default Converted Bristol Bay Gillnetter on Seattle CL

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/7534636804.html

I looked at Precious a few years ago, before Petrel, and thought about buying her then. She was very cheap at the time but she needed significant reframing and the engine was non-operational so I passed on her. She's a neat boat, although I think $15k is pretty steep.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!

Default Re: Converted Bristol Bay Gillnetter on Seattle CL

Hey Chris, I haven't seen Precious for quite a while now. She used to be owned by a nurse I worked with, an independent single woman who spent a great deal of time out on the saltchuck communing with nature in her lovely little craft. She sold her as retirement neared and Precious needed a lot of catching up on deferred maintenance. I always thought she was cute as a bug...and the boat isn't bad, either. I'm confused by the ad, however, as Precious is a Columbia River gillnetter, having nothing to do with Bristol Bay.
    --​Anson, M/V Kingfisher

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~The Dalai Lama

Default Re: Converted Bristol Bay Gillnetter on Seattle CL

Hey Anson. I think your nurse friend was the person selling her when I looked at Precious back in 2013 or so. I remember her as a nice woman who wanted to find a good caretaker for her boat but I wasn’t in a good place to take on a project then. I’m glad she did find someone who would do the work.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!