Thread: Nicole Wallace lays it out straight.

Default Nicole Wallace lays it out straight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ramjac196...63240535433220

MAGA could be stopped tomorrow, if GOP leaders like McConnell and McCarthy had spines.

McConnell could say "I will not give a dime to MAGA candidates," and they'd overwhelmingly lose. McCarthy similarly.

That they won't say this, that they won't do this, and that their caucuses would revolt (largely out of fear of their voters), speaks volumes.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Nicole Wallace lays it out straight.

They are either cowards or complicit. Result is the same.

Imagine if they'd have voted to convict in either of the impeachments.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

The end stage of Lee Atwater's 'energize the base'. The base shrinks and gets more extreme, but you can't win elections without them.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

S flows downhill. Money flows uphill.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

The very best the incumbent Rs can do now is hold the seats they have now and continue to vote in lockstep to thwart everything the Ds try to do. When the Ds win a substantial majority in the midterms the only thing left for the Rs will be to find something other than trmp to campaign on. They've lost their abortion dog-whistle and now they're losing their open borders dog-whistle. And they've instead bought a big new obstacle to try to overcome on both those fronts, and they've shown their hand too early.

When they can't field a team that has sufficient numbers to continue to obstruct the Ds, or to push through their own agenda, their whole schtick is over. When the country sees the R minority powerless to do either, and the sweeping considerable changes the Ds are enacting, mcconnell and mcarthy are done. If the Ds have any instinct or cajones, they'll do what's necessary to remove the those Rs from Congress who were complicit in the insurrection, and begin to remove the trmp-crony partisans from the various federal judicial benches. Justice Thomas needs to go, at the least, and the Ds, with an unstoppable majority can make it happen. If the Ds are smart, R heads will start to roll.

They have a belief that is different than mine. But overall they are content with the option that the Democrats present.
    Life is complex.

I'm not sure that even Trump can stop the MAGA crowd now. Trump didn't invent them, he tapped into them.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Spineless? seems ... less likely than.... totally, absolutely committed complicit. Esp McTurtle loves what he has been able to 'accomplish'
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    They have a belief that is different than mine. But overall they are content with the option that the Democrats present.
    You're perhaps less clear than you intend.

Who do you mean by "they?"
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Nicole Wallace yea you know Oznabrag was a fan of Nicole, by the way where is he? Should be back no.

I like President Biden calling out "MAGA Republicans". Distinguishes them from those Republicans who still take our constitution seriously. Let's just not forget that McConnell and his ilk are more dangerously destructive than the clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    I like President Biden calling out "MAGA Republicans". Distinguishes them from those Republicans who still take our constitution seriously. Let's just not forget that McConnell and his ilk are more dangerously destructive than the clowns.
    By my count, there are exactly 2 of them in the House, and none at all in the Senate.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    You're perhaps less clear than you intend.

Who do you mean by "they?"
    Good luck with that

I just read a news feed that claimed McConnell supported DeSantis' stunt.

Don't look to him for change.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

McConnel is a scumbag. He keeps his voice down and has no twitter feed so he's not as conspicuous in his white supremacy, bigoted, misogynistic Nazism as some of the others.

I like her, but she does turn me off when she tries to make her old boss look good.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

See my signature.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    See my signature.
    I think your signature needs amending. Something like:

"Every Republican is a traitor, or supports traitors."

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com