Thread: Give Meagan a break fer cryin' out loud!

Default Give Meagan a break fer cryin' out loud!

Now the press is castigating her for the "nasty tilt" of her wide-brimmed black hat! Just how does one progress from "rakish" to "nasty" when it comes to the tilt of one's hat?

Default Re: Give Meagan a break fer cryin' out loud!

who?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I do not understand the hostility shown by some towards the Duchess of Sussex.

But it may go back beyond living memory:

Hark! The herald Angels sing!
    Mrs Simpson stole our King!

Slender, elegant American divorcee marries a popular Prince, (see “Wallis Simpson”) and after encountering a little push back, takes him off to California and talks to Oprah Winfrey about how weird the British are.

I suspect the gutter press are actually using her to get at him; he is known to blame the gutter press for the death of his mother and he is fiercely protective of his wife and the mother of his children.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

As he should be

Well the Murdoch press here in Oz is part of the pile on and it’s all based on assumption and really unsound interpretation etc. I reported at least a dozen Murdoch Sky News twitter posts all based on here say. I later read a report on twitter that a data analysis company had traced the vast majority of nasty tweets to just 80 odd twitter accounts and that achieved a reach in the millions…… and that these were most likely a professional influence operation! What the hell is this about was my first response!! It would be very interesting to find out on who’s behind it!
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Meghan
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Nothing bad you can say about the Murdoch press can ever be adequate. But the Brits have alway had a taste for the scandal sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    I do not understand the hostility shown by some towards the Duchess of Sussex.

But it may go back beyond living memory:

Hark! The herald Angels sing!
    Mrs Simpson stole our King!

Slender, elegant American divorcee marries a popular Prince, (see “Wallis Simpson”) and after encountering a little push back, takes him off to California and talks to Oprah Winfrey about how weird the British are.

I suspect the gutter press are actually using her to get at him; he is known to blame the gutter press for the death of his mother and he is fiercely protective of his wife and the mother of his children.
    That sounds perceptive to me.

If so, I hope Harry finds a legal, genteel way to squash them flat.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

She seems like a decent person. I know the royal family is all about image and performance, but I doubt I could do as well as she does. My guess is they blame her for taking Harry away which is nonsense. I don't think he wants to be part of the show.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I would say that Harry is 'conflicted' about that. And his brother is confined as to what he can do.Duty and all that, like grandma.
    Very sad to see.

Seems as though Harry is the sort of person that thinks you only have one life. I think he was ok with doing the royal duties after he was married until the attack squads started to do real damage. With the knowledge of what happened to his mother it wasn't a hard decision for him to bail from BS central to relative offshore safety. But heck the attack squad are giving it a good bash every time the royals are in the limelight again. It's a very destructive dynamic at play here.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    Seems as though Harry is the sort of person that thinks you only have one life. I think he was ok with doing the royal duties after he was married until the attack squads started to do real damage. With the knowledge of what happened to his mother it wasn't a hard decision for him to bail from BS central to relative offshore safety. But heck the attack squad are giving it a good bash every time the royals are in the limelight again. It's a very destructive dynamic at play here.
    By "attack squads" do you mean the press? He did complain about attacks from within the palace as well.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I agree with the OP. While Harry and Meghan probably were less than tasteful in the way they broke off from 'the Firm', they certainly didn't deserve what the tabloids did to them... and Charles, if he has a brain in his head, needs to step in and support them. Not everyone will take to being condemned to a life of service; the ones who do, deserve commendation... the ones who don't, deserve understanding.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

The history of 'spares' is often not good. And I do not think Meghan quite knew what she was getting into, or maybe had inflated expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    By "attack squads" do you mean the press? He did complain about attacks from within the palace as well.
    I wasn't just referring to known sources of attack, the press being the obvious. My earlier post mentioned that most of the recent Twitter posts attacking Meghan were traced back to 80 individual sources.
    Their identity is not disclosed and that they are professionals being paid to distribute the hate tweets to gain maximum reach so I was including them and whoever is behind the campaign to destroy her in the mind of the public. It's pretty serious $#!t when a targeted campaign of this sort is aimed at someone like her and my opinion is that there should be a serious legal investigation into where and who is directing the online attack and if technically there are no laws being broken then anonymity should be removed and the identity of those orchestrating the hate campaign should be made public. Then the public can decide for them selves and the differing factions of the press could pursue their individual lines of analysis in the light of a more complete overview of the game being played.

One could be left wondering if the source is from within the Palace......

I first came across Bot Sentinel when someone replied to one of my tweets re Trump with a bit of a manic obsession. I googled their twitter name and came up with a Bot Sentinel page with them listed as a problem Twitter poster.

Anyway Bot Sentinel have been researching the Meghan and Harry hate vitriol on twitter. This from 2021:

Twitter Data Reveals Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Hate Campaign

Bruce Cockburn

This is interesting from 2020.....

Meghan Markle Falls Victim to Hate Campaign | HYPEBAE

The majority of these are led by middle-aged white women motivated by “racism” and “ad revenue.”

Back in 2020, Meghan Markle wasn’t exaggerating when she revealed she was one of the “most trolled people” in the entire world. The hate continues into the present day, as reports compiled by data analytics service Bot Sentinel state that Markle is the victim of a targeted “hate-for-profit enterprise.”

The final report in the series of three entails a category of anti-Meghan YouTube channels, which have amassed a total of 497 million views and garnered an estimated $3.87 million USD in revenue. The top three creators have taken to Twitter to spread misinformation to journalists and royal experts, reportedly earning $494,730 USD from their videos alone. Previous accounts from Bot Sentinel have also discussed the extent to which these hate accounts influence news coverage, citing a combined reach of 17 million users.
    The data analytics service made another claim in their report concerning the matter, stating: “It’s our opinion that several of the most well-known and active hate accounts were actively targeting journalists and royal commentators to boost their visibility and amplify their hate campaign; in some cases, they were successful.” Unfortunately, YouTube tends to reward these coordinated attacks via ad revenue, which are predominately fueled by racist white women between the ages of 38 and 65.

Bruce Cockburn

Their identity is not disclosed and that they are professionals being paid to distribute the hate tweets to gain maximum reach so I was including them and whoever is behind the campaign to destroy her in the mind of the public.
    What is the motivation for that? I don't doubt you're right, but why would someone spend money to discredit a royal when it's not possible to get his job?

Identify them and give the list to a crack squad of Royal Marines………
    Or maybe just widely publish all their names, photographs, addresses, and phone numbers………………...

I wasn't just referring to known sources of attack, the press being the obvious. My earlier post mentioned that most of the recent Twitter posts attacking Meghan were traced back to 80 individual sources.

One could be left wondering if the source is from within the Palace......
    Don’t be silly.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Meghan should start "saluting" the press with her finger "tilted' just a bit; sort of a "message" that makes it uniquely hers.

You've all seen guys "salute" twice, once vertically, and repeated horizontally; meaning "this is for you, and this is for the horse you rode in on".

Fwiw, there is also a vicious anti Kate-and/Wills faction coming up with equally vile nonsense. Years ago there was endless pre-socmed nonsense about Princess Margaret and about Prince Philip. We seem to have a whole regiment of equal opportunity Royal haters.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Don’t be silly.

Every now and then i reach for the hyperbole although it's fair to say Harry and the King's relationship seems a bit strained.

Bruce Cockburn

Every now and then i reach for the hyperbole although it's fair to say Harry and the King's relationship seems a bit strained.
    Is it, or is that what the gutter press want you to believe?
    Your own posts have set out a very valid reason for Harry to take Mehan out of the Firm. That will have been discussed with his brother, father, and grandparents, so why any ill will?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.