Thread: Voter Registration Data

Default Voter Registration Data

Who's registering?

Idaho attracts new voters ahead of November election. Who’s registering the most?

At least nine states, including Idaho, have a higher number of 18-to 24-year-olds on voter rolls this month than during the last midterm election in 2018, according to an analysis by Tufts University’s Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement...

The Tufts analysis also found a gender gap among new registrants under 30 in recent months. Young women account for 54% of new young voters nationwide who registered in August and September. “That’s a shift from previous election cycles, in which voter registrations have been fairly evenly split by gender,” the analysis said.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...266024751.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: Voter Registration Data

I hope this means what it seems to mean, but remember that a lot of wives and mothers voted for Trump.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

That is pleasing to me.

Even in gerrymandered districts, it doesn't take a huge change in voter turnout or voting patterns to make a huge change in electoral results.

The GOP dogs may have caught the car: the overturning of Roe may well have "woke" a lot of people.

Voter turnout varies directly by age, as does how the vote falls on the left-right spectrum. One of the reasons school tax levies are a hard sell - the people who turn out for those elections tend to be people whose kids have aged out of the schools system. Hence, their parents have little interest in raising their own taxes to pay for somebody else's kids' education.

If younger people, especially young women, turn out at atypical rates, and older women vote their conscience, the November election could get interesting.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    If younger people, especially young women, turn out at atypical rates, and older women vote their conscience, the November election could get interesting.
    If the same percentage of younger people voted as older, the political situation in the US would look very different.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Mom was an enthusiastic League of Women Voters member/leader - part of the flood of younger WWII vets who struggled for such causes as a tax base that would support good schools. When I was six or so she took me on a voter registration drive. I got to see how elegantly she could turn a person's political fire to 'vote your conscience, whatever it may be, but register now and vote in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Mom was an enthusiastic League of Women Voters member/leader - part of the flood of younger WWII vets who struggled for such causes as a tax base that would support good schools. When I was six or so she took me on a voter registration drive. .
    The League of Women Voters encouragement of voting has now made them a public menace to much of the modern Republican party.

The League used to be home to quite a few GOPPERS - no more.

And the League used to organize candidate debate all across the country until the GOP refused to take part - having zero interest in an informed public

I do not like them very much.

https://www.insidernj.com/league-wom...ds-morris-gop/