Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Itís over.

Default Re: Itís over.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    On the one hand you appear to be arguing for a laissez faire Libertarian approach to the pandemic - just let the fat old people die and let the healthy people continue with a normal life - but then you also want profound government intervention to try to turn bloated Americans into healthy skinny Japanese.
    Yeah we should throw up our hands and submit.

we know can't do either. I have come to terms with it.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Losing someone close will get your attention and heathy eating with gym workouts will have no impact on that.
    If your spouse or one of your children had been among the million dead things might look differently.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Mine was the Moderna Omicron booster. They took the opportunity to remind me that flu shots are available to me next week, I think. But I've only ever had one flu shot, several years ago, and doubt I'll get one this year, either.
    Hmm... Might want to re-think that. From data in the Southern Hemisphere, this year's flu season is expected to be pretty bad. And of course we had a year of virtually no flu before that. I need to find out where to get a flu shot in Poland.

Toom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    I am sorry for your losses and Renee being so sick. I am not uncaring but would like to know if those lost had any preexisting conditions.

i got Covid in late 2019. At the time there were 5 flights a day to sfo from Wohan. I was sick as a dog. I got it again in late March from a sick client. I got it once more this past year. Would I want it again - no. 4 x vaxed and still got sick. We will live with this. The more we travel and meet others in person - the greater the chance of exposure. I have come to terms with it. You will eventually too.
    Look at my post #62

I personally know a 48 year old marathon runner with no body fat, eat super healthy, no co-morbidity who DIED from covid before any vaccine was available.

Anyone remember Boadway actor Nick Cordero who died at 41 no pre existing morbidity after long battle with COVID-19
    After more than three months of battling COVID-19, Broadway actor Nick Cordero died on Sunday in Los Angeles at the age of 41. Our Frank DiLella takes a look back at the performer’s career.
    From his Tony nominated turn as a tap dancing gangster in “Bullets Over Broadway” to his most recent appearance as Sonny in “A Bronx Tale,” Nick Cordero was a Broadway favorite.
    His wife, performer Amanda Kloots, announced his passing on social media on Sunday, saying, “God has another angel in heaven now.”
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

A long-time teaching colleague retired at age 57, in June of 2020. No known health problems. In September he got a COVID test to make sure he wasn't sick before visiting elderly relatives. He tested positive.

Two weeks later he was on a ventilator, then in a medically induced coma. Two weeks after that, he died.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

It's easy to forget how many folks were on the vents and dying, when we first started this pandemic. Then the vax became available, and those numbers dropped dramatically - in those would take the shots. trump politicized this, and as a result, the USA lagged many o ther countries towards herd immunity.

Some don't know the terminology. The Vax does induce immunity - but it's not an absolute protection. What is does, is markedly mitigate symptoms, dramatically decrease severity of symptoms, and chances of a bad outcome.

AFA 'don't let them eat cake' - I'd actually agree with that - but not teds conclusion. #1 I'd love how you're going to (make/magically cause - 'cuz it's gonna require magic) get folks to suddenly start eating healthy. Hehehe.... I'd love it. I'm waiting.

#2 Healthy people can/have contracted covid - I've seen no studies suggesting they were less susceptible to infection. However, those 'unhealthy' folks are more likely to have a bad outcome.

Ted, no doubt you're sincere - but you're wrong.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    It's easy to forget how many folks were on the vents and dying, when we first started this pandemic. Then the vax became available, and those numbers dropped dramatically - in those would take the shots. trump politicized this, and as a result, the USA lagged many o ther countries towards herd immunity.

Some don't know the terminology. The Vax does induce immunity - but it's not an absolute protection. What is does, is markedly mitigate symptoms, dramatically decrease severity of symptoms, and chances of a bad outcome.

AFA 'don't let them eat cake' - I'd actually agree with that - but not teds conclusion. #1 I'd love how you're going to (make/magically cause - 'cuz it's gonna require magic) get folks to suddenly start eating healthy. Hehehe.... I'd love it. I'm waiting.

#2 Healthy people can/have contracted covid - I've seen no studies suggesting they were less susceptible to infection. However, those 'unhealthy' folks are more likely to have a bad outcome.

Ted, no doubt you're sincere - but you're wrong.
    As is often the case. I don't know how often I'll need to repeat it before people catch on... Ted if most often 'half a bubble off' when it comes to diagnosing a problem. 'Quirky' might be another description. And, to be fair, occasionally spot-on.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    had you ate like that here you would look like a guy who vacations in asbury park.

Attachment 119788

You
    That looks like beer, not food...

"All over the map"
    aren't you throwing in david g's c&p posting trend, onto ted's vitae?

"Half a bubble off"
    and this surely most accurately describes david's propensity to post threads like "More Republican Party Fracturing" or the constant refrain of 'the oregon ducks are on the verge of fbs greatness"

but hey, we all have our quirks
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    aren't you throwing in david g's c&p posting trend, onto ted's vitae?

and this surely most accurately describes david's propensity to post threads like "More Republican Party Fracturing" or the constant refrain of 'the oregon ducks are on the verge of fbs greatness"

but hey, we all have our quirks
    But... but... they ARE. Probably next year!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I got it somewhere in NC and managed to infect my sick elderly mother before I came home. She tested positive yesterday. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she doesn't make it through this.
    Trump has been gone almost 2 years and the information on preventing the spread has been widely disseminated for about the same time.

But you'll blame Trump.
    ďTravel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.Ē― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Trump has been gone almost 2 years and the information on preventing the spread has been widely disseminated for about the same time.

But you'll blame Trump.
    You're damn right I'm blaming Trump. Without his attempt to obfuscate facts and outright lie about it, fewer Americans would have died (and still we die). How in the world can any rationale human see it any other way? Trumpsters are sick, sick people. And I lump my brother, my sister, and my son in that category.

So spare me/us your indignation. It makes you look so stupid.

Damn. Wow.
    Says volumes, doesn't it?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Another drive-by by our own apologist. Remarkable.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Another drive-by by our own apologist. Remarkable.
    It's funny--I seem to remember that some posters who are very critical of Boatbum have long argued that Brian W is a "reasonable conservative."

Edit to add: that's not aimed at you, George--just a general feeling. I don't remember who, but I think there were many exchanges where people argued that Brian W was reasonable. I have had my doubts all along.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

i remember when george jung was a reasonable conservative

Yep. Good times, good times. And then - shazam! *somebody* moved the darn goal posts!

AFA BW - he 'used to be' reasonable, I thought. But as trump lead his followers down his rabbit hole, bit by bit - he, and others, followed, too. To the point where they don't feel like they can retrace their steps, apparently. Like Putin - getting their butts kicked, but instead of adjusting their sails, they just double down.

Bigly sad.

I'd add - not to 'just' pick on BW, there's a few others that seem to have followed a similar path. IMO, Reynard. Or maybe he just hid his prejudices better. I don't know.

Yep. Good times, good times. And then - shazam! *somebody* moved the darn goal posts!

AFA BW - he 'used to be' reasonable, I thought. But as trump lead his followers down his rabbit hole, bit by bit - he, and others, followed, too. To the point where they don't feel like they can retrace their steps, apparently. Like Putin - getting their butts kicked, but instead of adjusting their sails, they just double down.

Bigly sad.

I'd add - not to 'just' pick on BW, there's a few others that seem to have followed a similar path. IMO, Reynard. Or maybe he just hid his prejudices better. I don't know.
    Yea it's hard for me because I know B-Dub in real life. We've shared a beer or two and he's a great dad and husband and I consider him a friend. Although lately he just. comes into the forum to dump some Trumpism and then leave. Hey B-Dub this is your buddy Joe talking either hang around and defend and engage in meaningful dialog, don't just drive by and spray your nonsense. I like the old B-Dub.

As for Reynard the pandemic brought out the racist anti science ( scary for a pilot ) in him big time. Kinda shocking in so many ways Bigly sad.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Yea it's hard for me because I know B-Dub in real life. We've shared a beer or two and he's a great dad and husband and I consider him a friend. Although lately he just. comes into the forum to dump some Trumpism and then leave. Hey B-Dub this is your buddy Joe talking either hang around and defend and engage in meaningful dialog, don't just drive by and spray your nonsense. I like the old B-Dub.

As for Reynard the pandemic brought out the racist anti science ( scary for a pilot ) in him big time. Kinda shocking in so many ways Bigly sad.
    Yes, this. Brian is a good example of the many conservatives I know who are good-hearted, but wrong-headed.

C'mon Brian... DO engage. These drive-bys are disingenuous. If you can't support your assertions with facts, data, and sound logic... maybe you should examine them more closely before sharing?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

In the Science journal newsletter today: Big covid 19 waves may be coming...

https://www.science.org/content/arti...et_cid=4418299

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i remember when george jung was a reasonable conservative
    I remember when you were a reasonable conservative

somebody moved the goal posts on me

D8597FDD-C47D-4537-BAE9-20D2C816372F.jpg

"Ted, no doubt you're sincere - but you're wrong."
    Damn. Just when I was ready to ride the up escalator and everything.

You're looking mighty fit there, Ted.

Kudos.

George - I thought what we debated here in the numerous threads and the push back was healthy. I appreciate your input and gravatos. Your welcomed input while I came to my own decisions, choices and actions. I tempered my life these last years to match my concerns like everyone else - science, wisdom and timing of life choices. We all know it is not over but the next chapter in a book we are tired of reading.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 09-29-2022 at 03:13 PM.

[QUOTE=jdmcintyre;6732926]In the Science journal newsletter today: Big covid 19 waves may be coming...

https://www.science.org/content/arti...et_cid=4418299[/QUOTE

…..And in Aus. today the politicians are talking of scrapping all Covid restrictions………… and they probably will…..

I'm tired of the whole pandemic, too - and I've certainly backed away from stridency in discussing this with pt's. At this point, it's not the 'killer' we saw initially, in terms of ill/full hospitals. And everyone has made their choices, and unlikely to be convinced otherwise.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

My sister said her youngest daughter and the daughter's husband recently got covid. The daughter says this is her third time to get it, but her husband's first time.

I’m w George and twodot, they’s got germ edication and can joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I tested positive for the first time last Friday. I got it somewhere in NC and managed to infect my sick elderly mother before I came home. She tested positive yesterday. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she doesn't make it through this.

I think back on Trump's inaction/lies at the beginning of the pandemic. I'd like 5 minutes alone with him in a locked room.

And yes - I DO blame Trump for what this country has been through. I'll stop there.
    Flew back from NC on Sunday. Tested positive on Sunday night.

Second time around for me.

Not as bad as the first, but still pretty ****ty.