Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Groom Service the series.

Default Re: Groom Service the series.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post

As for Scaraborcraft/Vadim isn’t it also against the rules to come back to the Forum as a sockpuppet after being given a lifetime ban? Seems he has violated this rule many times over.
    He's Russian so it's all okey dokey...

You never can tell! Chip and Joanna have their own cable channel and magazine.

Sidenote: a friend of my brother in Salt Lake City was at a drive in in his 1953 Ford pickup. Came a knock on the door. We’d like your truck and you for a movie.
    The result: he’s in “The Fastest Indian” with Anthony Hopkins. He “earned” $300 a day for hanging out with a variety of land speed record vehicles, and a wonderful lunch.

Hollywood!
    Last edited by Jim Bow; 09-20-2022 at 03:48 AM.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

You wouldn't know an ecosystem if it bit you in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    You wouldn't know an ecosystem if it bit you in the a$$.
    Ahhhhh the Joe (SoCal) Derangement Syndrome is strong with you - You know there is an ecosystem for that

My ass is fine, never been bitten

I’m familiar with the following ecosystems

Apple ecosystem
    Pizza ecosystem
    WBF ecosystem
    Groomer ecosystem
    Entrepreneurial ecosystem
    Service industry ecosystem
    Cycling ecosystem
    Sailing ecosystem
    the Joe (SoCal) Derangement Syndrome ecosystem ( rather small ecosystem )
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

First thing I’d do is find out what other shows they have made and watch some of them.
    Exactly right. See how they put the lens around the other "talent" they have on the shows they make, and whether the personas they make by cropping and editing are what you and Renee want as the faces of the business. Any such program will make people into caricatures of themselves, to a degree.

Caricatures that are entertaining for reality show watchers may be nothing like who you and Renee most authentically are, or are wanting to be. And the type of people who'd be attracted by those caricatures might or might not not actually be the kind of people you'd prefer flooding your client pool either.

They're going to tell you that this is a form of marketing, for which you'd be paid. But that's less than half true. You'll want to retain some creative control, to ensure that the image they market is one you actually want out there.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I’m thinking of possible show titles. How about this:

“Lifestyles of the (Dogs of the) Rich and Famous”

”Real Puppies of Orange County”

”Soap my B-ch Up!

”Groomers on the Go”

I guess TomF has got it nailed.

There is one more factor - any mistake made and transmitted can cause rebounce. There was / is a reality show in Germany about a surplus marketer - lots of heavy vehicels parked outside, sometimes for years. Then there was an environment audit - and he had to get rid of a lot of his stock fast. I wonder if he ever would have had the audit if his business had not been on TV.

In the end - it is for Rene and you to decide if you want to be public persons or not. And yes - look at other products of the enterprise. Some realities make complete public idiots of the "stars" of their shows. That might not be enjoyable for you or for Rene.

Just found the seres with the surplus business again - "Steel Buddies" on youtube ... It is in German.
    Last edited by Henning 4148; 09-20-2022 at 01:15 PM.

By the way, the hero of the "Steel Buddies" series, a businessman selling surplus, flew a single engine Antonov from Germany to the US of A. Together with a retired US pilot. Some of the films of the series are about that adventure. And he nearly drowned an amphibious lorry in the Rhine on a company jolly.

Here the internet shop of the surplus dealer: https://shop.morlock-motors.de/Start

You will of course need an internet shop. With fan articles. Everybody is doing internetshop with fan articles nowadays - at least everyone who is on TV.

This should be fictional. Renee and her plucky sidekick solve crimes using her knowledge of pet grooming and his fists.

One more point - no trust, no deal. Find a way to check up on your business contacts. Perhaps Ted with his connections could help on that. As long as they just dress and talk nice - they could be anything, even criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Is the third one a Prodigy reference? If so, it confirms that we are indeed sympaticos.
    Smack my ***** up, get my pitch up!
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    This should be fictional. Renee and her plucky sidekick solve crimes using her knowledge of pet grooming and his fists.
    Good idea!

Clearly routine grooming would be too boring to hold viewership. I figure the producers might go for an "R" rating with primarily flashbacks in every episode, exploits with an up and coming young stand in actor for Joe.

He would be a New Yorker, buff, tough, and brash. Lots of alcohol, baseball bats, number 2 pencils, car keys, bicycle messenger fights, and 600 women to bed.

I'd watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    You'll want to retain some creative control, to ensure that the image they market is one you actually want out there.
    Never Going To Happen.

Once they're buried in an edit suite, concentrating on cutting the video for that moment the angry rottweiler takes off a groomer's fingers, you'll have no say. I betcha.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Had a 1 hr FaceTime call last night on our iPads it was fun we will see where it goes. Of course I’ll let you guys know if it ends up being a show about nothing

I hope you're charging them for your time?

...they can get the money back by squeezing Apple, Tesla and Mercedes for sponsorship.

Andy

Fur Love and Money
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Never Going To Happen.

Once they're buried in an edit suite, concentrating on cutting the video for that moment the angry rottweiler takes off a groomer's fingers, you'll have no say. I betcha.

Andy
    you forget joe's yellow #2 pencil
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I am hoping the title is Dog Patch OC. Or Fur better or worse. Honorable mentions for Mesa Doggie Style.

First episode - Joe can't find a place to eat after 8. Pollo loco cross promotion parking lot scene with a public service announcement about getting vaxed with the new batch.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Episode #2. After endless phonecalls, the essential component to repair all the Springers is still stuck in Düsseldorf. Joe's new iPhone camera stops working after an iOS update. Seeking solace, a Vespa ride into the wilds ends up with him meeting a mean-spirited biker gang. The annual Groomer Appreciation Party goes seriously wrong as pizza is served.

Andy

How about a Charlie’s Angels kind of thing where Joe is the Charlie character?

Checklist drama

Not grooming (of any sort!!) but some friends went this way. It made them out as complete idiots for the screen. DON'T

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Actually, he isn't. Just works up that way. Had a few chats with him, in the Scara days and he knew a few people I did. Liked his posts on unusual building back then. Not sure why he got banned or even if he is back.

Quote Originally Posted by jtb View Post
    Checklist drama
    That would be an entire season, not an episode.

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Public person - means people may approach you or Rene in whatever location because they have seen you on TV and want to exchange with you or Rene. The exchange could be everything - from nice chit chat to aggression to unwanted romantic suggestions or worse. It is the price to pay for being a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Vadim 68: Joined 5/11/22. 169 posts since then and not a one outside of The Bilge. And now throwing darts at a long-time Forumite.

Disingenuous at best, and demonstrably false to those that can read.

Only made the comment because the day prior some other member took the same view on another member posting links to his own book, did you feel the need to jump on him and accuse of throwing darts?.

As for Scaraborcraft/Vadim isn’t it also against the rules to come back to the Forum as a sockpuppet after being given a lifetime ban? Seems he has violated this rule many times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    Actually, he isn't. Just works up that way. Had a few chats with him, in the Scara days and he knew a few people I did. Liked his posts on unusual building back then. Not sure why he got banned or even if he is back.
    I was warned by the person suggesting i come to the forum to specifically share my Ukraine experience, that being a new member from "sweden", and using the name Vadim, might at some point trigger some people. He was not wrong. Not my problem at all, but a sad reflection on some here.

Ian, who went under the moniker of Skaraborgcraft AKA "Russbot", is highly amused but, "tell them ,sad to see after so many years, still living rent free in so many heads , and thank Andrew for his vouch of nation status."

There are several members here who have email contact with him apparently, from the few emails i have exchanged today, he is getting his news from the Russian side of affairs via "extended family", two of which are likely to face being drafted after serving in Chechnya. (Ian said this is ok to share)

He left it to my discretion to post the following or not ; " I never hid my connection to Siberia, or any other place i was working. When i was done with the maritime/history museum and we shut down our buisness up there, I removed "Siberia" as a location, and this was seen by a few in particular as reason to brand me some kind of spook, they know who they are, and are still lying to themselves and others, apparently for no other reason than entertainment. Sorry you are getting piled on, the forum was never a place for serious debate or discussion, and time away from it just proves the same old men are still in a large circle jerk of nodding heads, who just require one or two members to unload on to make themselves feel good, for sure some of them dont want their life long beliefs challenged, which sadly just points to how narrow minded some of them are, not all, you are on the end of the usual suspects who despite not being able to prove what they say, will say it anyway, because "been here years and people know me", which basically translates into i can lie about you to people i consider friends, such is the irony"

Thank you to the member who reached out, who does not wish to be tarred by the very broad brush some use or be considered guilty via association, but did suggest that a post to clear things up might stop things getting out of hand, again.

Vadim, you are one weird dude !!!!!!
    Maybe there is a TV Show in there

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Vadim, you are one weird dude !!!!!!
    Not really, but i do have a funny walk these days........

Vadim, I really wish you would share your experience in Ukraine. It would back up your persona, people would take you more seriously and it respect you more. I would understand if you do not care to however, I have 4 generations of Royal Marines in my family and they don't talk about it much either. For what it is worth I was in Ukraine twice in my life, in 90-91, and day 9 of the war.

Martin.

Yay we are having a meeting of the Joe (SoCal) derangement syndrome club

I love living rent free in your minds 24/7/365 If we get a TV show I can't wait for the fan mail

Change the record you conceited thug.

Ding ding ding we have a JSOCAL/DS winner livin in lupu's brain 24/7/365 rent free and lovin it
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 09-21-2022 at 01:52 PM.

FWIW My new gentlemen's pocket knife arrived

I remember how impressed Lupu was that I bought one I thought he would enjoy some photos

CAF31E42-5B6C-4149-9772-699BD5BDF273.jpg

A785BB3D-D859-4912-997A-0724B0307828.jpg

Hows that Pipe dream thread doing you need me to give it a bump for ya
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 09-21-2022 at 02:46 PM.