Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Groom Service the series.

Default Re: Groom Service the series.

Looking forward to cool knife pix. Only got "invalid attachment".

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Looking forward to cool knife pix. Only got "invalid attachment".
    Check now Ian. They should appear

507BF84F-BEA6-438F-8166-33EDF7638001.jpg

6FFEE062-0E5D-4ABC-BE6E-830696FAB8A3.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Some practical bits: Do they expect you, Renee, groomers, et al to provide point-of-view material (i.e. wear body cams and mics) or do they merely seek to gather storyline material for a professionally staged (inspired by true events) series? The former prospect seems pretty intrusive. Would you have any editorial discretion on the final cut? Who gets paid and how much? You, Renee, groomers, dog owners, even dogs.

When my first major-press book was published (an outdoor adventure thing) I got a couple similar offers from producers who wanted me to mount a Go-Pro on my head and viddy my mountain treks, occasionally accompanied by a crew, etc. They offered what seemed to me quite a lot of money, but. . .

I decided that my relationship to the mountains and the outdoors in general, and to my own solitary existence there— the pleasure it gave me— wouldn't survive the attention. I loved living as I did, where I did, and sharing what I chose, on reflection, in print, but I didn't want my life to become a public performance.

That's a basic decision for you and Renee. You seem to enjoy attention, so it might make you happy and perhaps rich.

Thanks everyone except the J(SoCal)/DS people

To be honest this is all in the embryonic stage, and who knows if anything at all will come of it. I'm like 98.7 % nothing is gonna happen from this. If it gets anywhere near becoming anything close to something real I will take all your advice. Right now it's jsut a fun story to share on the good ol WBF. Stay tuned and I will let you know if anything develops.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment