Thread: Natasha’s Adventures

Default Natasha’s Adventures

I thought this was quite a video. Russia, for the vacation of a lifetime.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VfDV9E79y_U&feature=share
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Default Re: Natasha’s Adventures

Fascinating. How to make a life walking on egg-shells.
    Thanks for posting, Lew.
    “Aren’t you supposed to be the gentlemen who lie for the good of their country?”
    “That’s diplomats. We’re not gentlemen.”
    “So you lie to save your hides.”
    That’s politicians. Different game entirely.”

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

I've been watching her for a while. She mentioned going to Georgia in her last video.

Quote Originally Posted by webishop14 View Post
    Fascinating. How to make a life walking on egg-shells.
    Thanks for posting, Lew.
    I know what it feels like to cross an uncomfortable border and how it feels to be culled at the gate. She described it perfectly. She’s an impressive young woman.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    I've been watching her for a while. She mentioned going to Georgia in her last video.
    There doesn’t seem to be another option for western oriented Russians. I suppose if you’re Jewish you can make your way to Israel. Russian emigrees will be a thing again, maybe like post Revolution but who will take Russians? It should be a consideration.

I have her on my "must watch" list. She's a brave young woman. So many Russians have moved to Georgia and Turkey that the apartment rents have skyrocketed. I hope Russians are able to turn their country around.
    Will

There seem to be rumblings and getting more public. Putin's position looks to be getting shakey. If he goes, they may be some hope for a more open and better life over there.

This is the painful part of Russian sailors not being allowed to participate in ISAF regattas, or other athletes being banned from international events, because I am sure that if I met any of those folks we could sit down together and have a nice evening.

She is a brave young woman and I have to wonder about her family situation at home? I pray that she, and they, stay safe and can one day get back to a time where she does’t have to leave her home to find peace of mind and rest for her spirit.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

She is from extreme south east Russia about 4000 miles from Moscow. Similar to me and most of the friends I grew up with leaving Mississippi, I think she felt that she needed to leave home to find opportunities even without the war in Ukraine. If you look at the Wikipedia page for her hometown, She is the only person listed under Notable people.