Thread: Angle grinder

Default Angle grinder

BB763DA2-C95D-43B2-93F3-FD4192B6BD9D.jpg

Reminds me of when a friend was coming over to take me out to get some groceries after my fall. I needed to put on “real clothes” for the first time since discharge. Both my hands were broken, full back brace, and neck brace. I could use most fingers on my right hand.

One may not realize in daily life how critical it is to pull the zipper away when zipping. Absolutely a two-hand operation. Just happens naturally without thought.

Zipped myself 100% into the zipper. And then I pulled the zipper really hard to try to undo it. Several times. No joy. I couldn’t really look down to evaluate the situation. Hobbled over to the front of a mirror and I was 1/4” involved in 3 directions. Literally zipped into the teeth.

It was an awful 5 minutes or so. I got to where I was either going to tell him to cancel his visit and call an ambulance, get his help, or cover myself and get a ride to the hospital. While he is a good friend, asking for direct help would be asking a lot.

Tried to bring pliers and vice grips to bear but couldn’t get anything close to the right hold, angle, or pressure to break the zipper in half. All in the mirror with one hand. On my knees at this point. Sweating.

As a last resort, I just pulled the skin out. Sideways. Thinking I was going to have to get stitches. Being on lots of narcotics may have influenced my decision. Turned out to be ok. A little bruised but no where near the damage I expected. Fun times.
    Last edited by bluedog225; 09-16-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Default Re: Angle grinder

Franks and beans!

We who are about to make bad decisions salute you!

Texas?

Or Florida???
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Meanwhile, none of his friends will admit to being there.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I had a friend in his late 70's fighting bladder cancer. They would run a tube into his bladder to insert the chemo, and then he would spend 30 minutes on his back, 30 minutes on his left side... until the chemo had coated his bladder.

One day as the pretty young nurse was holding his penis and inserting the tube, he looked at her and asked, "Does your mother know what you do?"

He always loved telling that story. He was a good friend and I miss him.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

dem say ah real boatbuilda ha one ah dem grinda glued to he right hand !

That is not how you wear a Prince Albert.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I think this topic needs to be moved to the "Tools & Techniques" section!

Do you suppose he or his doctors tried sitting him in a tub of ice water first?

Default Angle grinder

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    As a last resort, I just pulled the skin out. Sideways. Thinking I was going to have to get stitches. Being on lots of narcotics may have influenced my decision. Turned out to be ok. A little bruised but no where near the damage I expected. Fun times.

Just going to make the observation that button fly trousers have a lot to recommend them.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)