Thread: To Abbott and DeSantis, people are garbage, pests, to be gotten rid of.

Default To Abbott and DeSantis, people are garbage, pests, to be gotten rid of.

What completely abhorrent megalomaniac.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Default Re: To Abbott and DeSantis, people are garbage, pests, to be gotten rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post

Did you just delete you post and add this one instead? ^^^^^

Default Re: To Abbott and DeSantis, people are garbage, pests, to be gotten rid of.

Just some people, those people, the other ones, not our tribe. It's hardwired in humans, but some have more of it than others. Almost all of our moral progress since we lived in caves has involved expanding the tribe, realizing that 'they' are just like 'us', but some folks want to take us backwards.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I would say Abbott and DeSantis are pieces of human detritus who need to be replaced.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Exploiting the weak and vulnerable for political theatre and gain is beyond despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    This is a trend regarding transient people in general.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 09-16-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Just some people, those people, the other ones, not our tribe. It's hardwired in humans, but some have more of it than others. Almost all of our moral progress since we lived in caves has involved expanding the tribe, realizing that 'they' are just like 'us', but some folks want to take us backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by willin woodworks View Post
    Exploiting the weak and vulnerable for political theatre and gain is beyond despicable.
    Ayup!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Abbott and DeSantis are symptoms of a greater problem. They got elected. Their sickness is pervasive.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    I would say Abbott and DeSantis are pieces of human detritus who need to be replaced.
    I can't speak for the people of Texas, but I think our-stupid-crazy-freak-show of a governor wanna-be-president dirtball should be arrested for kidnapping x50 counts

Geeze
    Last edited by Concordia...41; 09-16-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    but... but, the voters in their states love it!
    Not all of them

Some of us are embarrassed to tears.

De Santis, why would he be doing this to his own people?

I am working in Las Cruces, NM, between the border and the checkpoint. Saw a bumper sticker today, "Keep the immigrants Deport the racists" I agree in principal, don't know who would take the racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina 22 View Post
    I am working in Las Cruces, NM, between the border and the checkpoint. Saw a bumper sticker today, "Keep the immigrants Deport the racists" I agree in principal, don't know who would take the racists.
    Putin, maybe

As a pre-election stunt, I think it is perfectly timed to backfire gloriously, to the chagrin and political demise of both these two governors. Just like Graham’s abortion bill following the SCOTUS R decision. Both of these things are what may galvanize the Ds and the hundred million voters who’ve chosen to sit out their turn to exercise their right.

And that’s not counting the repercussions of both the trmp prosecution and the ongoing criminal prosecution of Jan sixth complicit R congresspeople.

The country might, and should, just spank the entirety of R-dom in a general referendum. Mr. Biden is getting good things done, there are significant positive changes for American society, and answers to the R’s christofascist vandalism.

So I predict an asteroid will come out from hiding behind the sun piloted by aliens from the nth dimension. And it will serve us right, too.

Islanders [were] given no notice” of the arriving chartered flight of immigrants, Fernandes said on Twitter, “but are coming together as a community to support them.”

The island “jumped into action,” he said, organizing 50 beds and meals, health care and a play area for children.

The group of immigrants stayed overnight at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Edgartown, site of the island’s only homeless shelter, which has space for 10 people and one bathroom, according to the New York Times.

“Fifty people with no homes is an overwhelming number for the size of the community,” Barbara Rush, the warden at St. Andrew’s, told the paper. “But this is a strong and capable community.”
    On Thursday morning, the migrants woke to a buffet breakfast of sandwiches and coffee served outside the church as politicians and other officials planned their next steps.

Lisa Belcastro, the homeless shelter director, told MassLive that authorities “don’t very have many answers” now, beyond shelter and food. She said officials were speaking around 8 a.m. to plan their response.

Outside the church, a group of locals had also congregated.

“We are a community that comes together to support immigrants,” Fernandes said, as he disparaged DeSantis’ operation as “depraved.”

https://www.masslive.com/capecod/202...ompassion.html

As it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Concordia...41 View Post
    Not all of them

Some of us are embarrassed to tears.
    And you're not alone. The firm he hired to make those flights was from... Oregon. Vertol. And most of us here are scandalized.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    De Santis, why would he be doing this to his own people?
    They're not his people. He's Italian.

They're not his people. They're not citizens of the US or legal residents of Florida.

The real question is: where is the Catholic Church? Why is it not on the front lines looking out for its people? Why is it not financing the emergency needs of its people? Why is it not picking up the slack here?
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Emily,

I honestly didn't know that. For some reason, probably lack of attention or just guessing on my part, I thought he was of Cuban or Puerto Rican descent. He certainly doesn't miss an opportunity to identify with them when he's stumping for votes.

DeSantis was born on September 14, 1978, in Jacksonville, Florida, the son of Karen (née Rogers) and Ronald Daniel DeSantis. He is of Italian descent, with all of his great-grandparents born in Italy.

I did think he was closer to immigrant status than great-grandparents. But it probably wouldn't matter when it comes to his political drive.

I hope Jim McMahan is right.

Signed -
    Horrified in Florida

Hard to believe this is happening in the USA. Seems a lot of GOP voters support it.

I did notice those who ran on 'the election was stolen' in the primaries seem to be backing off that position.

Wonder if they'll have a similar change in regards to immigrants.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post

They're not his people. They're not citizens of the US or legal residents of Florida.

The real question is: where is the Catholic Church? Why is it not on the front lines looking out for its people? Why is it not financing the emergency needs of its people? Why is it not picking up the slack here?
    Because they're Italian?

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    DISGUSTING POS

You're being too kind.

Back to my original point, I think he should be charged with kidnapping x50

How can that pr***k and his collaborators and accomplices be allowed to get away with this? Every one from the bus driver up.

Strange way for self proclaimed Christians to behave.

Given that no one chooses where to be born, or their parents, it seems a strange thing to hold against people.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

In a world of Florida and Texas, be like Massachussetts.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.