Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Trafficing in Illegal Immigrants

Default Trafficing in Illegal Immigrants

From a law office:

Charges for Smuggling Immigrants & Harboring an Alien

Call Our Federal Defense Attorneys in Phoenix

If you have been charged with transporting illegal immigrants (aliens), trafficking in human life or aiding and abetting the illegal re-entry of a foreigner, you are facing a serious federal offense with the possibility of many years in prison. You need a seasoned defense lawyer with experience in federal court and knowledge of U.S. immigration laws.
    With DeSantis and Abbott sending illegal immigrants to "sanctuary states", are they breaking the law by transporting illegal immigrants within the US? Discuss.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Default Re: Trafficing in Illegal Immigrants

They had to sign a waiver. When will any governor go after the employer of illegals. Then when the employer claims they need these people,give them a path to citizenship right then and there.

And the waiver changes their immigration status how, exactly?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

It doesn't change there status probably just claims they were not forced the went willingly.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11231..._medium=social

There's a whole lot of "fishy" with what happened to these people.

NPR confirmed that a plane originated in San Antonio, made a stop in Florida and then another stop in South Carolina before flying on to Martha's Vineyard. But apart from that layover, the migrants NPR interviewed had not spent time in Florida.
    If it looks like a political stunt, smells like a political stunt, and quacks like a political stunt...
    Last edited by Canoez; 09-15-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    With DeSantis and Abbott sending illegal immigrants to "sanctuary states", are they breaking the law by transporting illegal immigrants within the US? Discuss.
    Meanwhile, Biden has deported far more illegal immigrants in his term of office so far than Trump did in four years.

The real problem with our society is that the facts are not held up against political grandstanding.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

De Santis could always have done a Boris, and sent them to Rwanda...

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Meanwhile, Biden has deported far more illegal immigrants in his term of office so far than Trump did in four years.
    only because trump did a much better job of stopping them at the border
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    only because trump did a much better job of stopping them at the border
    I believe so.

What is it they say? "If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth." This is their game.

As for a wall (they will argue that Biden only needs to deport more because the wall was never finished), I'll take a high-tech wall of drones with infrared detectors any day over one more obsolete structure illegals will just tunnel under as they have other obstacles.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

These blue state governors should get these undocumented immigrants the proper documentation ASAP and make them taxpayers.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

DESANTIS.jpg

I would think Florida taxpayers would like to know how the flight was paid for - particularly if the immigrants actually came out of Texas. I know I'd like to know the facts behind this.
    -William A. Ward

De Santis picking up the deplorable mantle from TFG.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...id=hp_opinions

DESANTIS.jpg

I would think Florida taxpayers would like to know how the flight was paid for - particularly if the immigrants actually came out of Texas. I know I'd like to know the facts behind this.

Fla legislature approved $12 million for it.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Sawyer View Post
    Fla legislature approved $12 million for it.

Ken

If they actually spent the $12M on this stunt, where did the money actually go? Certainly airline tickets for 50 people to go from Texas to Massachusetts couldn't have been more than $50,000.

Also, think about what these 50 people could have done with a portion of that $12M if it was spent for their benefit, and not for a political stunt.
    -William A. Ward

Florida has a substantial population of Venezuelans who fled their country. I wonder how well this is going over in that community.

You could charter the jet for $50k. I’d guess there’s 12 million in the program for more flights.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

If I was Santa deSantis would get coal.

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Florida has a substantial population of Venezuelans who fled their country. I wonder how well this is going over in that community.
    Depends on if those Venezuelans are now US citizens with the right to vote, doesn't it?
    -William A. Ward

Not a new tactic. Sixty years ago we had "Reverse Freedom Riders" arriving in Hyannis.

Fantastic! If as a nation we vote in leaders who’s policies cause these humanitarian crisis. Then as a nation all need to share in the crisis. Not only the border states. You want sanctuary cities or states then don’t complain when illegal migrants are delivered to your doors.

From a law office:

This law applies to the act of bringing aliens into the United States and does not have anything to do with what happens to them once they are in the US illegally.

Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    This law applies to the act of bringing aliens into the United States and does not have anything to do with what happens to them once they are in the US illegally.
    Oh, you need to read further:

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.
    -William A. Ward

I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Ron DeSantis... what a miserable piece of human detritus. What do you think Jesus would think of his actions?

Unfortunately he is one of many deplorables in the 21st century GQP.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    Not a new tactic. Sixty years ago we had "Reverse Freedom Riders" arriving in Hyannis.
    I’mslow on the uptake but one of my echo chambers posted this. Cruelty is their craft.

If they actually spent the $12M on this stunt, where did the money actually go? Certainly airline tickets for 50 people to go from Texas to Massachusetts couldn't have been more than $50,000.

Also, think about what these 50 people could have done with a portion of that $12M if it was spent for their benefit, and not for a political stunt.

This stunt was paid from the $12 million appropriated. It’s to facilitate transport of immigrants from the state.

Ken

The annual budget funding Texas and Florida get from the federal gov't coffers should be reduced for stunts like these. NY, Illinois and Massachusetts each are less dependent on federal disbursements. Send those states the money instead to pay for housing and assistance for these immigrants who were hoodwinked into thinking they were going somewhere for jobs and opportunities already arranged (not).

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/sta...al-government/
    "Be curious, not judgmental." - (Misattributed to Walt Whitman as recalled by) Ted Lasso

Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Sawyer View Post
    This stunt was paid from the $12 million appropriated. It’s to facilitate transport of immigrants from the state.

Ken

From a state that is in the top 5 list of "taker" states.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

A state government transporting people to other states without agreements in place requires a federal response. Which is exactly what these jokers are hoping for.

I wonder how many of the Uber wealthy homeowners in Martha’s Vineyard employ illegal immigrants to maintain their yards, paint their white picket fences and clean their McMansions.
    You that are decrying these flights and bus rides also want open borders as long as those immigrants remain in the border states. Hypocritical and one of the most blatant examples of NIMBY I’ve seen.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

^
    So you approve?
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I wonder how many of the Uber wealthy homeowners in Martha’s Vineyard employ illegal immigrants to maintain their yards, paint their white picket fences and clean their McMansions.
    You that are decrying these flights and bus rides also want open borders as long as those immigrants remain in the border states. Hypocritical and one of the most blatant examples of NIMBY I’ve seen.
    Tell me, who here has advocated for open borders? I've seen no such thing.

Just to be clear, these folks were not immediately deported because they are applying for asylum. Personally, I'm pretty sure if I lived in Venezuela, I'd be in trouble with the government there. So, what's the message here? Does DeSatan, I mean DeSantis, think people from Venezuela should just stay there and suffer under the dictatorship? Does this mean he approves of the Venezuelan regime? Renard, do you think Venezuelan dissidents should not be allowed to seek asylum in the Land of the Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    You that are decrying these flights and bus rides also want open borders as long as those immigrants remain in the border states.
    This is, not to lean on it too hard, utter and complete bullsh!t. Nobody on the WBF has ever advocated for 'open borders', AFAIK.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman