Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Imagined dining with Mark Zukerberg at the White House

Default Trump Imagined dining with Mark Zukerberg at the White House

Donald Trump held a rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, on Saturday where he appeared to briefly forget that he is no longer in the White House.
    The ex-president was sharing an anecdote about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg when he bizarrely suggested that the Meta CEO had attended a dinner at the White House as his guest “last week”.
    "Last week, the weirdo — he’s a weirdo — Mark Zuckerberg came to the White House, kissed my ass all night," said the president
    He then went on, mimicking Mr Zuckerberg: "’Sir, I’d love to have dinner, sir. I’d love to have dinner. I’d love to bring my lovely wife.’ All right, Mark, come on in. ‘Sir, you’re number one on Facebook. I’d like to congratulate you.’ Thank you very much, Mark. I appreciate it."

The strange story appeared to recall Mr Trump’s memory of a 2019 dinner that Mr Zuckerberg and fellow tech billionaire Peter Thiel, known for his bankrolling of right-wing candidates, attended at the White House.
    It’s unclear why Mr Trump thought the long-past dinner had occurred “last week”, or whether Mr Zuckerberg had indeed lavished compliments on the president. The Independent has reached out to Meta for comment on that matter.
    It’s even more bizarre that the president would suggest that the CEO of Facebook told him that he is currently “number one” on the platform, given that he’s been banned since early 2021.
    Mr Trump’s rally on Saturday was his first campaign-style gathering since the FBI’s execution of a search warrant for classified materials at Mar-a-Lago last month.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Default Re: Trump Imagined dining with Mark Zukerberg at the White House

Could be senility, deusions of grandeur, could be he lives in a fantasy world still. I doubt his supporters will notice or care.
    He's never had to face reality since his bone spurs days.

Senile dementia may yet save the USA.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

And yeah, of course the MAGA memes are all about Biden's alleged senility.

Projection really is a thing
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Maybe simulating a higher degree of senility to prevent going to jail in the future.
    Gruß, Günter

Quote Originally Posted by heimfried View Post
    Maybe simulating a higher degree of senility to prevent going to jail in the future.
    Maybe we can entice him into going anyway by calling it ‘the big house.’

Maybe Fraudo Baggins is looking to start raising the Vincent "The Chin" Gigante defense. It's on if he shows up at a rally in a bathrobe and pajamas.

"Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

“Mom, have you seen my hat?”

I'd be more concerned about the "...kissed my ass all night" remark.

No class. No decency. No manliness.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

No decency. How in the hell did that happen. How did such a grotesque example of leadership become acceptable to Republicans?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    How did such a grotesque example of leadership become acceptable to Republicans?
    republicans of all stripes are, in this order
    anti tax
    anti govt
    anti lib
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    republicans of all stripes are, in this order
    anti tax
    anti govt
    anti lib
    How the hell does that work. How the hell can you be “Strong on Defense”, like Kennedy and Johnson going into Southeast Asia and GW and Cheney going into Iraq and Afghanistan by crippling the institutions needed to dominate the globe? Maybe the R party is giving up on the 20th century American ideals and crawling back to tribal basics. It sure aint family values either.

I don't think he's faking anything. Watching interviews with him 20 or 30 years ago is . . um . . interesting. He sounds very different now.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 09-05-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

One of the candidates for the 2024 Presidential election is senile.

Its not the one who speaks slowly and carefully because of his stutter.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I don't think he's faking anything. Watching interviews with him 20 or 30 years ago is . . um . . interesting. He sounds very different.
    Power corrupts and absolute power leaves a gutless soul-less moron at the mercy of anyone who can tell and blackmail him into duplicity when he's never had to face any music for any of his bs and failure since being born with a borrowed silver fork in his orifice.

I saw an off-hand comment the other day, that it's due to tertiary syphillis. Guilty by reason of brain rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    Senile dementia may yet save the USA.
    From Trump, the man, anyway.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

We (the US) elected Ronald Reagan for a second term when he was senile, by the time he was done I doubt he could maintain a conversation...

There are no rules against mentally challenged people running for president. And no procedure yet proven to get rid of them.
    The 25th amendment seems to keep a corrupt cabinet in power

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    We (the US) elected Ronald Reagan for a second term when he was senile, by the time he was done I doubt he could maintain a conversation...

There are no rules against mentally challenged people running for president. And no procedure yet proven to get rid of them.
    Bigly, gobsmackingly, stupid, too, all of that. You'd think it would be a simple matter to insist that the president be, not just competent, but the best damn person we could collectively find. Someone to be proud of, to look up to.

I just saw a thing attributed to Harry Truman, (don't know if it's an actual true thing) he apparently said that he never actually gave them hell, he just gave them the truth and they thought it was hell. The Rs.

His base won't care. I doubt they'd care if he was dead, he'd still be their pick. Hook him up to a power outlet and turn it on- if he twitches or smoke comes out it means he agrees with us

Well I think that’s worth trying anyway. Over and over again, to make sure it’s working.

^

The difference being that Reagan was a true patriot and was indeed surrounded by "The Best People". Make no mistake, I am no fan of old Ronny but there is no meaningful comparison between him and the traitorous thief currently plotting to overthrow the US Government.

Trump is farking crazy. Ronny was just old and a little dim.

We (the US) elected Ronald Reagan for a second term when he was senile, by the time he was done I doubt he could maintain a conversation...<br>
    <br>
    There are no rules against mentally challenged people running for president. And no procedure yet proven to get rid of them.<br>
    <br><br>The difference being that Reagan was a true patriot and was indeed surrounded by "The Best People". Make no mistake, I am no fan of old Ronny but there is no meaningful comparison between him and the traitorous thief currently plotting to overthrow the US Government.<br><br>Trump is farking crazy. Ronny was just old and a little dim.<br>
    <br>

The people who vote for him are senile, too.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

It is difficult to imagine what it would take for a team of hand-picked people to turn on their leader. Even Trump didn't reach that level.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Maybe Fraudo Baggins is looking to start raising the Vincent "The Chin" Gigante defense. It's on if he shows up at a rally in a bathrobe and pajamas.

OK interesting aside note:

Years and years ago I used to see “The Chin” in his robe and PJ’s wandering around Little Italy in NYC. A couple of years later I’m working in a mobbed up restraunt in New Jersey, all the waiters were old Italian Americans and were used to serving “clientele” that was strait out of The Sopranos So me trying to make conversation tell one of the old waiters about seeing Vinny “The Chin” Gigante. The stone faced waiter says to me “You know The Chin?” I go no no I just used to see him walking around in his robe an slippers all the time. Without missing a beat “he says so you don’t know him then eh ?” I say No. He then said point blank “So howsabout you shut the F**k up then” I kept my mouth shut after that and did my job until I found a less colorful place to wait tables.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by willin woodworks View Post
    <br><br>The difference being that Reagan was a true patriot and was indeed surrounded by "The Best People". Make no mistake, I am no fan of old Ronny but there is no meaningful comparison between him and the traitorous thief currently plotting to overthrow the US Government.<br><br>Trump is farking crazy. Ronny was just old and a little dim.<br>
    Quote Originally Posted by willin woodworks View Post
    <br>

I think there is more than a direct comparison

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history."

Ronnie had best people for bribery, rigging bids for housing, selling weapons to Iran, funneling money to revolutionaries, running clandestine wars, that sort of thing...

edit to add:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reag...ation_scandals
    Last edited by Canoeyawl; 09-06-2022 at 02:46 PM.

I think there is more than a direct comparison

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history."

Ronnie had best people for bribery, rigging bids for housing, selling weapons to Iran, funneling money to revolutionaries, running clandestine wars, that sort of thing...

edit to add:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reag...ation_scandals
    what a walk down memory lane, hack ptooey. There’s a direct line from the decisions James Watt made to the Deepwater Horizons disaster.

"I'm not a crook"

Republicans like figureheads. Doesn't matter if they can actually do anything.

As far as Trump's gaffe, has anyone gotten a comment from Zuckerberg? Or is he too big a suckass to say anything?

Zukerberg owns the parking meters, he's not going to chime in.
    If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Could be senility, deusions of grandeur, could be he lives in a fantasy world still. I doubt his supporters will notice or care.
    He's never had to face reality since his bone spurs days.
    They say the press takes him literally but not seriously and his voters take him seriously but not literally.

They say the press takes him literally but not seriously and his voters take him seriously but not literally.
    That's a pithy quip but isn't worthwhile for being shallow. The damn press took him seriously enough to treat with him unwarranted conventional neutrality, completely ignoring his pathological lying until a year into his misprison of the presidency. They don't get a pass, but that profound mistake, shared by the entire media, is understandable for all that no one is prescient enough to consider such an obviously unfit person would get the nomination, would subsequently win the election, and then savage and vandalize and corrupt the government, which was probably never to that point considered to be so vulnerable. Who anywhere thought trmp would be a serious contender and then a serious threat to the point of inciting an insurrection in support of fomenting a fascist coup? Except now we can, with the benefit of hindsight, understand the craven complicity of the Congressional and Senatorial enabler quislings, and the depth of their treason. Witness the corruption of the SCOTUS and the fascist corruption of the state and local government, voting rights and gerrymandering. All of which is deeply American on the evil side of the yin and yang of it, and no where American in what we usually take for our cherished spirit of equal rights and due process.

**** *** all Rs and especially trmprs. And if you resent being told that, as a somehow legitimate participant as a member of the loyal opposition, then earn it. We'll stop calling out your fascism when you stop practicing fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    OK interesting aside note:

Years and years ago I used to see “The Chin” in his robe and PJ’s wandering around Little Italy in NYC. A couple of years later I’m working in a mobbed up restraunt in New Jersey, all the waiters were old Italian Americans and were used to serving “clientele” that was strait out of The Sopranos So me trying to make conversation tell one of the old waiters about seeing Vinny “The Chin” Gigante. The stone faced waiter says to me “You know The Chin?” I go no no I just used to see him walking around in his robe an slippers all the time. Without missing a beat “he says so you don’t know him then eh ?” I say No. He then said point blank “So howsabout you shut the F**k up then” I kept my mouth shut after that and did my job until I found a less colorful place to wait tables.
    you should have warned him about bronx joe

Reagan, sadly, was a very influential president, and the most un-American one until Drumpf.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.