Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s waiting fro me when I return

Default Re: What’s waiting fro me when I return

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    The best part is, I can’t smell the litter box. One of our cats is inside with a cone recovering from yet another fight, and I have no idea when the guy's done his business; everyone else knows immediately.

The worst part is being unable to smell good things. It does tend to drag on one. I think it’s driving me crazy. Well, helping to drive.
    Please be careful buddy look after yourself. Michael Hutchence, the lead singer of INXS was in a horrible bicycle accident that resulted in severe brain trauma and he was never able to smell or taste again he ended up committing suicide over it. I pray it all returns soon for you. What does your doctors say?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Rob you continue to be an inspiration. I could never be that brave, then again I am a consummate foodie, it almost defines my very existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Seriously, of my five sense I would gladly give them all up, except taste and smell.

Sorry Rob, I keep asking renee hows her sense of smell and taste, so far its all in tact.
    Apparently my sense of smell is in decline. I have an herb plant in the cabin full of freezers and when I open the door everyone goes “whoa, that’s noticeable” I can’t smell it unless I’m a foot away.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    The best part is, I can’t smell the litter box. One of our cats is inside with a cone recovering from yet another fight, and I have no idea when the guy's done his business; everyone else knows immediately.

The worst part is being unable to smell good things. It does tend to drag on one. I think it’s driving me crazy. Well, helping to drive.
    When my bike shop partner cracked his skull it took five years for his sense of smell to return. He made some heinous breakfast conconctions to find flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Apparently my sense of smell is in decline. I have an herb plant in the cabin full of freezers and when I open the door everyone goes “whoa, that’s noticeable” I can’t smell it unless I’m a foot away.
    My eyesight is Deteriorating, Optometrist said I have very early stage glaucoma and will need to keep an “eye” on it ( got it ) my hearing ain’t what it used to be, but I can smell the pollen on a bee from 100 yards and taste pecorino Romano from the next town over.

Joe, curious as to what level you've seen, if at all, of Covid protocols in Italy? We are headed over to Venice mid October and exploring from there. I too am a business owner and the amount of pre-trip planning to keep things running smooth is a daunting task, which probably explains why I haven't taken any time off in over two years. Hadn't really thought about what to do if I contract Covid while on the trip.

Eff this go and look at every single honest post I have posted with someone in need. I show compassion and understanding. I don’t want to call out names of those that I have felt deep compassion and understand and privacy DMed but suffice to say my conscience is clean and they know the type of person I really am.

The comments about Bronx Joe, and pencil silliness are usually directed to those who come on hard to me and are not looking for any sympathy or compassion. Kinda like your post.
    I have only nice thoughts of you. Hope that helps some.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Sorry for your troubles, Joe. May Renee's bout with the virus be mild.

You going home to steer them ship? Or, will you stay with Renee until she is able to travel?

Bright side: The first photo ( Van 4) looks like all you need is to replace a hose clamp. Easy peasy.

Kevin
    I think the real question is will Renee wait for Joe as she will probably be clear of Covid-19 before Joe.

The whole international travel thing is pretty crazy right now. Our older daughter is planning a six month trip to Asia starting the first of the year. We are hoping to visit her for a couple of weeks but events like this give me pause.

Paxlovid, Joe?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Sorry to hear that. So much for the pandemic being over
    What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Quote Originally Posted by schlaboatnic View Post
    Joe, curious as to what level you've seen, if at all, of Covid protocols in Italy? We are headed over to Venice mid October and exploring from there. I too am a business owner and the amount of pre-trip planning to keep things running smooth is a daunting task, which probably explains why I haven't taken any time off in over two years. Hadn't really thought about what to do if I contract Covid while on the trip.
    I’m going to be shockingly honest, we let our guard down plain and simple. I would never have endured the throngs of tourist without masks ( including ourselves ) on the Ponte Vecchio or the Uffizi a month ago. Italy in August is a mob scene at all the historical sites. No one except the locals and asians are wearing masks, Everyone is hugging and kissing like it was 2010. There were moments I just knew it was wrong and we still did it. So it’s on us, again like I said I let our guard down.

That said Italy was hit hard with the early onset of Covid so they don’t fool around you need to quarantine for 7 days and have two negative covid tests according to the US Embassy in Rome. If you are caught forging or knowingly try to leave or transmit covid there are serious consequences and huge fines, as there should be.

Damn. Sorry to read this. She will feel better on day 4. She can go home on day 6.

you may want to get another room. I am here in Heidelberg. Can be down in two days if you need me or have local resources near you that can help.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Wow. Sorry to read this She will feel better on day 4. She can go home on day 6.

you may want to get another room. I am here in Heidelberg. Can be down in two days if you need me.
    Thank you Ted thats really sweet of you. We have a plan and I’m ordering 10 rapid covid test to be delivered as soon as we have two negative test in a row we are out of here.

That said, I loved Heidelberg go. Visit the castle and have a beer and an amazing pretzel for me

Ok - I could hover in Italy near her if you found you needed to get home sooner. Let me know. I suspect she is going to bounce back fast considering her strength and health. Anyway standing by.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

that is a lot of tish hitting the fan all at once.

i see you already got your mojo back joe. your energy is astonishing.

if i were renee i would pretend to be sick for an extra three days just to stay in bed.

eta: i mean by myself. alone. sleeping.
    Last edited by L.W. Baxter; 08-30-2022 at 07:34 PM.

^ Ain't the Forum a great place ? ? (reference posts 50 / 51 / 52 )
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Whether due to a lack of caution, or simple bad luck, I'm sorry to hear it.

Thinking of you both.

it’s 10 PM here we are going to try to sleep and make the move to our next place tomorrow. I solved most of the van issues from my Florence air traffic controller seat. Van 1 is fixed, and ready to be picked up Ken and my neighbor are bringing van 3 down to Mercedes and swapping it out so they can fix the battery issue in Van 3. Van 4 is jerry rigged fixed and out working today. Once we get Van 3 back we can get van 4 over to RSM RV to my guy Antonio and get the pump hose Permanently fixed. I’m boarded and hell this is only gonna get more more and more boring. Renee and I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs

People keep telling us there are worse places to quarantine, but we are stuck in a small apartment looking at 4 walls. I actually think this is probably the WORST place on earth to quarantine since we KNOW what magic, beauty, culture and la dolce vita lies beyond these 4 walls and it’s so close but we can neither see or experience it. Talk about the ultimate frustration

it’s 10 PM here we are going to try to sleep and make the move to our next place tomorrow. I solved most of the van issues from my Florence air traffic controller seat. Van 1 is fixed, and ready to be picked up Ken and my neighbor are bringing van 3 down to Mercedes and swapping it out so they can fix the battery issue in Van 3. Van 4 is jerry rigged fixed and out working today. Once we get Van 3 back we can get van 4 over to RSM RV to my guy Antonio and get the pump hose Permanently fixed. I’m boarded and hell this is only gonna get more more and more boring. Renee and I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs

People keep telling us there are worse places to quarantine, but we are stuck in a small apartment looking at 4 walls. I actually think this is probably the WORST place on earth to quarantine since we KNOW what magic, beauty, culture and la dolce vita lies beyond these 4 walls and it’s so close but we can neither see or experience it. Talk about the ultimate frustration

So, now watch the sequel, Hannibal.
    Much of it is set in It-lee.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

I’m boarded and hell this is only gonna get more more and more boring. Renee and I just finished watching Silence of the Lambs

movie suggestions:

outbreak
    the andromeda strain
    quarentine
    12 monkeys
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

People keep telling us there are worse places to quarantine, but we are stuck in a small apartment looking at 4 walls. I actually think this is probably the WORST place on earth to quarantine since we KNOW what magic, beauty, culture and la dolce vita lies beyond these 4 walls and it’s so close but we can neither see or experience it. Talk about the ultimate frustration.
    Can you get take-out or restaurant deliveries? That would help.

God morning ( it’s 4:00 am here ) Well good evening to most of you.

So Italy, much like it’s cell phone and other systems are a bit far behind. So Uber eats is great for getting some restaurant delivery and booze, but I have not found the ability to get grocery’s or over the counter pharmacy stuff like rapid antigen test. I basically get two markets and everything on the order section is either chips, energy drinks or booze, it’s incredibly limited.

A872F6F9-977E-42B5-B471-D343D8061E20.jpg

9ED894E6-4A8E-4A9B-94FC-C295CE70B982.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on how to get staples like milk, bread, eggs, coffee. Etc though the Uber eats or any other app here in Florence ?
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 08-30-2022 at 09:37 PM.

currently having a bit of a moment dealing with some bicycle mechanics

i could sure enough use a restraint delivery about right the f*** now

Does anyone have any advice on how to get staples like milk, bread, eggs, coffee. Etc though the Uber eats or any other app here in Florence ?
    call a real cab service and place your order with them verbally

there is a bit of black magic in going tubeless, yo

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    currently having a bit of a moment dealing with some bicycle mechanics

i could sure enough use a restraint delivery about right the f*** now

Thanks Don[n] you try typing on an iPad in the dark at 4:00 am trying to be quite not to wake up your wife and not make a single auto correct typo
    That said I also make typos and spelling errors in just about every post anytime of the day - it’s just me being me. OK I’m gonna go take care of my wife see you all in a couple of hours with brilliant solutions that you have all come up with for me

Ciao

there is a bit of black magic in going tubeless, yo

Curious, why did you go tubeless? Curious, do you generally do all of your bicycle maintenance yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    Curious, why did you go tubeless? Curious, do you generally do all of your bicycle maintenance yourself?

i do almost none of my own bike maintenance stuff myself beyond lube and inflating tires

after suffering daily flat tires while riding in the desert last year i went to my trusted lbs and he set me up tubeless, since then i have not had a flat tire while riding which is virtually daily; however i spent much of the last month away from arizona and returned to two flat tires and desiccated slime inside the tires, getting the tires seated back on their bead has proved troublesome

Wish you and Renee well Joe.
    Whe I had it, the bad bit was only 2 days.
    Had to remain in quaranteen another 5 though.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

i do almost none of my own bike maintenance stuff myself beyond lube and inflating tires

after suffering daily flat tires while riding in the desert last year i went to my trusted lbs and he set me up tubeless, since then i have not had a flat tire while riding which is virtually daily; however i spent much of the last month away from arizona and returned to two flat tires and desiccated slime inside the tires, getting the tires seated back on their bead has proved troublesome
    Do you recall what your original tires were? I only ride on roads but I see road cyclists repairing flats all the time. I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS440 tires and I simply don't get flats, 3 days on 1 day off, lots of miles. Surely there is a tube type tire that can handle your desert environment??? I don't care if the tires are a little heavier or a little stiffer, I ride for exercise. They are a bit tougher to mount though.

wtb trailboss 27.5 x 2.4 were the original tires

now i'm running continental trailkings 27.5 x 2.6

i just know i was getting flats daily before the switch and since i havent had a single flat tire while out riding
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 08-30-2022 at 10:52 PM.

https://www.conad.it/ricerca-negozi/...irenze--008635

Has anyone told Joe about the heatwave, drought, water restrictions, and fires?
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    Has anyone told Joe about the heatwave, drought, water restrictions, and fires?
    lets not forget the evacuation notice for the entire city of los angeles!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    Do you recall what your original tires were? I only ride on roads but I see road cyclists repairing flats all the time. I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS440 tires and I simply don't get flats, 3 days on 1 day off, lots of miles. Surely there is a tube type tire that can handle your desert environment??? I don't care if the tires are a little heavier or a little stiffer, I ride for exercise. They are a bit tougher to mount though.
    Schwalbe Marathon's are a good investment. I have about 2k miles on mine and they look brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.