Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s waiting fro me when I return

Default What’s waiting fro me when I return

Van 4
    20005F99-A32F-476B-A140-B9A3BC4E0D4C.jpg

Van 1
    Has a massive coolant leak and was towed to Mercedes

Van 3 has an electrical problem which could either as simple as the battery or as complex as a new alternator. Worst case scenario something unknown and completely worse. They tried jumping it and it started and then when they turned it off and tried to turn it back on the key wouldn’t even move.

FFD7AEE9-0C31-4FD9-8508-89EE2E854076.jpg

So I’m down 3 out of 4 vans and I’m 6,000 miles and 9 hours away. We have a 19 hr flight back home tomorrow.
    Fun times, fun times
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: What’s waiting fro me when I return

also, re writing that checklist with bigger bullet points and more emboldened and italicized text
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Preventative actions were suggested and ignored. So…what exactly is expected.

Re: post2…..perhaps exclamation points and yellow stars to indicate that this time, this time it’s rilly rilly important?

Actually, in hindsight, I’m guessing this is just more clickbait.

Fai attenzione! Non è consentito non seguire la checklist del capo.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    Preventative actions were suggested and ignored. So…what exactly is expected.

Re: post2…..perhaps exclamation points and yellow stars to indicate that this time, this time it’s rilly rilly important?
    FWIW I did hire someone for this trip and he failed miserably. I did because I obviously needed someone while we were away and partially as an experiment for the future. He’s older ran his own business and someone who I though would be what I would look for in a full time candidate. He was not and it cost me money, time, and loss of equipment. I spent weeks going over what could and what will go wrong and the plan of action to deal with it. I produced a operational manual and printed it out with tabs for each issue and put it in a 3 ring binder, gave copy to him, a neighbor as backup and a copy to my friend who would probably do the job better but her had to go to a funeral for his father last week back east and wasn’t available.

Some assumption here are just pure fiction without understanding anything of my business and I would imagine most of you will also fail miserably if I was to hire you.

I will probably lock or just delete this thread because when other forum members howl into the abyss, they are met with compassion and sympathy, all I get is sarcasm. Not cool , not this time. To add to the mystery Renee woke up on our last day with a miserable cold I’m running out to get her cold meds and a rapid Covid Test and pray. Anyone care to make a F**king joke out that ???
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 08-30-2022 at 03:06 AM.

Hope that you are able to sort things out Joe.
    Take care and all will be well in the end.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

Renee Tested Positive for COVID
    Come on I’m just dying to hear all the funny jokes

57E45EBD-A2AF-48A1-A066-E36000003181.jpg
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 08-30-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Damn Joe
    This is tough. Crappy way to end a vacation

Jack.
    Jack
    Nicotine free since 1 October 2009

I hope she recovers soon, because you're both took your boostershots that's to be expected.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    they are met with compassion and sympathy, all I get is sarcasm. Not cool , not this time.

Just an observation, when you routinely remind others that you do not give a F*** what they think, and run the risk of getting a pencil in the neck from an irate "Bronx Joe" Hiesenburg wannabe; what do you honestly expect?

The only take away from all these rants is that you hire people that are not fit for the job. It is unfortunate that we only get to hear your online personas point of view of the situation, and not that of your staff, who you tell us love you to bits.

If you want sympathy and compassion, try giving it to others. How difficult is it for you to see that what you give out, you will get in return?

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim 68 View Post
    Just an observation, when you routinely remind others that you do not give a F*** what they think, and run the risk of getting a pencil in the neck from an irate "Bronx Joe" Hiesenburg wannabe; what do you honestly expect?

The only take away from all these rants is that you hire people that are not fit for the job. It is unfortunate that we only get to hear your online personas point of view of the situation, and not that of your staff, who you tell us love you to bits.

If you want sympathy and compassion, try giving it to others. How difficult is it for you to see that what you give out, you will get in return?
    Eff this go and look at every single honest post I have posted with someone in need. I show compassion and understanding. I don’t want to call out names of those that I have felt deep compassion and understand and privacy DMed but suffice to say my conscience is clean and they know the type of person I really am.

The comments about Bronx Joe, and pencil silliness are usually directed to those who come on hard to me and are not looking for any sympathy or compassion. Kinda like your post.

Cheer up, Joe. We are fighting two forest fires and two out of our three vehicles are out of action due to careless usage. Done the checklist thing, etc., too. I feel your pain.

Had the covid recently too. Probably the latest omicron variants. If so, expect a couple of days of nasty flulike symptoms and then the worst part - a couple of weeks unable to smell the coffee!

You'll get it too, of course, two days after her first symptoms. Hope you are home by then.

Damn Joe - tell Renee to get better soon. I presume this means you'll be extending your stay for a while? Just when you don't need it too...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Ok. Stuff hitting the fan.
    First point: Breathe. Continue to breathe.
    Second point: Be there for your wife and look after yourself.
    Third point: Not sure how long you are grounded, but it is as it is. You are grounded, no way around that.
    Fourth point: Check if you can get Mercedes or another place you trust to look after the vans, tow them in if needed or have one of your staff drive the ones that still drive there or have them serviced where they are, whatever. They need to get back on the road if at all possible to keep your business up and your staff payed.

You can only make the best of the situation you have, you can not change the situation.

All the best!

Last point: When you are back - reflect who of your staff did a good job, did some good crisis management etc and reward them. It just might be that one might show some hidden talent - or it might not.

Bloody hell. Grim way to end a vacation- hope Renee feels better soon. The positive test will be playing havoc with your plans for the return, which is already obviously feeling more than a bit urgent from the business perspective.

Dammit!
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Sorry for your troubles, Joe. May Renee's bout with the virus be mild.

You going home to steer them ship? Or, will you stay with Renee until she is able to travel?

Bright side: The first photo ( Van 4) looks like all you need is to replace a hose clamp. Easy peasy.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Posted over my Caio thread:

Downloaded the following apps on my new iPad Pro : United airlines, Airbnb, Uber eats ( just ordered a pizza, Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix. We are packing as much as we can to make the transition the the new Airbnb that is already paid for for the week. It’s Contactless, and has a bath & 1/2 an a small desk office where I can air traffic control everything.

The best thing so far is renee has it very mild and I don’t have any symptoms so far ( knock on wood )

We are going to make the best of it, keep safe and most of all keep everyone else safe.

As far as work in that operational binder is the phone number and location for the RV center that fixes all our grooming electrical and plumbing I’m very friendly with the service manager Armando so in a few hours I will alert him and the people that are watching our business will bring it over and it should be a fast fix.

Van 1 is already at Mercedes and I will call my man Jessie ( also in the operational manual ) this morning as well.

Van 3 responds to being jumped and as long as you don’t shut it off it will also make it on its own to Jessie at Mercedes.

Van 2 is running fine and is off line Mondays & Fridays so I will have it picked up on those days and returned back down to San Juan Capistrano.

My friend who came back from his fathers funeral is onboard to assist and he is the most like me and a A++++ personality

Edited add: Expect A TON of posts as we are going to go stir crazy for the next week.
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 08-30-2022 at 07:53 AM.

dang joe
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Just a side observation: I rarely get any vacation of any sort, but most of the time, when asked, I say that the vacation lasted one day too long
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    dang joe
    My biggest problem is running out of wine

Nope, I don’t go kicking someone when they are down unless they REALLY have it coming. You don’t.
    Question, does Italy require the negative test before leaving because the US dropped that requirement before coming back.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra..._US_Entry.html

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Either way hope she gets feeling better quick and you can get back to your business.
    Last edited by Reynard38; 08-30-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

OK… Post #12 really got under my skin. My reaction to it is dismay and disgust.

First and foremost: Hang in there Joe and Renee. This too shall pass.

As for Vadim 68… I have reviewed his 138 posts to the WB Forum. Every single one of them has been to The Bilge. He sounds susiciously like another personality from Northern Europe/Sweden who has been perma-banned repeatedly as he keeps reappearing as new sock-puppets. And he clearly has a hard-on for Joe Foster.

It is risky business to disclose much personal information in any open forum on the internet. Over the years Joe Foster - under his first handle as Joe (CSOH) and now as Joe (SoCal) - has been a prolific poster to the WB Forum who has also been incredibly open about his life experiences, family, business, pleasures, hopes, dreams, travails and triumphs. He has also responded to others here with warmth, humor, compassion, anger, disdain, and love. In other words, Joe Foster has participated here as a caring human being rather than as a vicious, anonymous, internet troll. The result is that over the years he has made many friends via the WB Forum and also attracted a handful of vicious detractors and a couple of stalkers… including at least one psychopath who attempted to do Joe real harm.

It seems to me the spirit of Post #12 is so rude as to warrant banishment. It strikes me as an example of internet sadism: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jopy.12393

In his Sermon on the Mount Jesus said, “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Vadim 68 has utterly failed to meet that standard. So have I at times. But I do not delight in it.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 08-30-2022 at 08:49 AM.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

You might try a reward system, Joe. Write a tiny note with tomorrow's date saying, "If you read this today see me about a $20 reward" and put it near the end of your Driver's Manual. In addition, you could write a tiny note with the same text and put it near the oil dip stick for the driver to find when he or she does their daily vehicle maint. First wife used to write little love notes on small scraps of paper and hide them under my underwear, socks, or hankies for me to find, sometimes weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Nope, I don’t go kicking someone when they are down unless they REALLY have it coming. You don’t.
    Question, does Italy require the negative test before leaving because the US dropped that requirement before coming back.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra..._US_Entry.html

https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Either way hope she gets feeling better quick and you can get back to your business.
    Yes first call this morning was to the US Embassy in Rome. Italy actually requires a 7 day not 5 day quarantine, but I feel as soon as we both have negative covid test we will show that and go home.

I love this woman and her being sick in anyway shape or form rocks me to the the core.

Sorry to hear that. I assume you are both fully vaccinated? I hope the symptoms are mild.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Hey Joe, that van chit is always happening. It’s like doing dishes or changing diaoers. You just do it. Now you can really do some editing and arranging of your pics. Hope Renee feels better and shows negative soon.

Tom, thank you.

I’m glad some of the long standing forum member actually do get me.

Gratzie Mille

Joe, keep an 'eye' on Renee, and let the other stuff work itself out ! ( I can relate to the stress level - when we owned our flower shop, one of our floral designers had a heart attack at the floral design table, in the midst of the Mother's Day floral blitz / on anther occasion, my wife had to have abdominal surgery - she was in Florida / I was in France ) Our thought from here are with you both, hang in there ! ! !

Rick
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Although not a business owner I am a project manager for several large scale irrigation projects around the country. A job where I can't put every thing on hold for a week. One of my switters-isms is no vacation goes unpunished.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Hope Renee gets well soon, Joe.

Damn Rob that stinks, er, sucks.

ugh!

Renee,

Get well soon!

Joe stay healthy!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Damn Rob that stinks, er, sucks.
    Seriously, of my five sense I would gladly give them all up, except taste and smell.

Sorry Rob, I keep asking renee hows her sense of smell and taste, so far its all in tact.