Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will DJT attempt to distract from FBI Florida search

Default How will DJT attempt to distract from FBI Florida search

I predict he will claim all docs were planted (no matter what they are) and that the warrant and inventory contents (if published by another source) are faked. He won't release the warrant or inventory that he has in any case.
    "So we beat on, paddleboats against the wake of a neighbor’s jet ski, born back ceaselessly into the past." The Great Lakes Gatsby

Default Re: How will DJT attempt to distract from FBI Florida search

he's about 4 hours ahead of you...

"Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by rbgarr View Post
    I predict he will claim all docs were planted (no matter what they are) and that the warrant and inventory contents (if published by another source) are faked. He won't release the warrant or inventory that he has in any case.
    Maybe we should start by waiting for the outcome of the search. The DOJ is in the hot seat for now. They will need to show that what Trump had was more egregious than all the documents retained by previous administrations. I believe Obama has over 30,000 pages which he has yet to fulfill his promise that they would be digitally available through his presidential library. Unless what they find is beyond the pale it will look as if Biden used the DOJ to a attack rival. If they find sufficient evidence that this was beyond the practices of past presidents then they will be vindicated and Trump will have one more problem to deal with. But, for now, it is the DOJ that has taken a great risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Maybe we should start by waiting for the outcome of the search. The DOJ is in the hot seat for now. They will need to show that what Trump had was more egregious than all the documents retained by previous administrations.
    oh, I think all DOJ has to show is that they had probable cause to suspect that a crime had been or was about to be committed.

Those who imagine that the DOJ took this "great risk" without a mountain of irrefutable evidence are simply entertaining a fantasy.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Garland has played this brilliantly. Make the warrant and the receipt public. Thats what Rubio and McCarthy and Mc Connel have been blathering about for three days. "DOJ better explain itself!!" Well here you go, this is exactly what we were looking for and this is what we found.....
    Let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    oh, I think all DOJ has to show is that they had probable cause to suspect that a crime had been or was about to be committed.

Those who imagine that the DOJ took this "great risk" without a mountain of irrefutable evidence are simply entertaining a fantasy.
    Well then you have nothing to worry about.

We all have something to worry about if an ex-president flouts the law and steals classified documents. We have even more to worry about if one of the two political parties sanction the criminal activity and berate the DOJ and FBI for doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    he's about 4 hours ahead of you...

Migod what a putz. “Planting information anyone?”

the crook pleads, I’m a victim!

About Obama’s 30,000 pages. They are currently part of the National Archives, not in boxes in his basement. As for the library, can we agree to wait until it’s open?
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Wait until it's open, when there are fake stories to spread now?

He’ll appear in misc. Netflix movies.

This could help distract people a little from the findings of the FBI search:

Criminal case against Trump Organization and ex-CFO Weisselberg can proceed, judge rules

The judge set an October trial date for the case against the former president's company and its former chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...udge-rcna42851

Not sure it'll help Trump that much though.

Maybe we should start by waiting for the outcome of the search. The DOJ is in the hot seat for now. They will need to show that what Trump had was more egregious than all the documents retained by previous administrations. I believe Obama has over 30,000 pages which he has yet to fulfill his promise that they would be digitally available through his presidential library. Unless what they find is beyond the pale it will look as if Biden used the DOJ to a attack rival. If they find sufficient evidence that this was beyond the practices of past presidents then they will be vindicated and Trump will have one more problem to deal with. But, for now, it is the DOJ that has taken a great risk.
    Are you claiming that Obama took 30,000 pages of documents with him when he left the White House and did not return them when subpoenas were issued, or that his library is not yet open? Wouldn't there be a difference between those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    About Obama’s 30,000 pages. They are currently part of the National Archives, not in boxes in his basement. As for the library, can we agree to wait until it’s open?
    There you go again using facts and being reasonable...
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Migod what a putz. “Planting information anyone?”

the crook pleads, I’m a victim!
    The fraud case was a hoax. The misuse of charity funds was a hoax. Etc......
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    Are you claiming that Obama took 30,000 pages of documents with him when he left the White House and did not return them when subpoenas were issued, or that his library is not yet open? Wouldn't there be a difference between those things?
    I did not say that.

It is my understanding that the documents were never, as yet, digitized

Per the Obama presidential library:

• Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted these plans. Digitization plans are on hold. With the Obama Presidential records becoming subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests on January 20, 2022, NARA will process textual records in a traditional manner, with archival staff processing responsive textual records requested via FOIA from the textual record.

Trump's Presidential Library?

trump_s_toilet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum
    I believe Obama has over 30,000 pages which he has yet to fulfill his promise that they would be digitally available through his presidential library.
    This is a talking point being repeated endlessly in the right-wingnut fever swamp to distract from Trump's illegal possession of government property. I was wondering when someone would repeat it here.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

I did not say that.

It is my understanding that the documents were never, as yet, digitized

Per the Obama presidential library:
    So, why post it here? Does it somehow relate to Trump stealing government secrets and keeping them even after getting a subpoena?

They asked Trump nicely for the Top Secret nuclear documents to be returned, and he refused. Your cult leader is a thief, a liar and a fascist.

Alternate’facts’ that are misrepresentations trotted out ad nausium to perpetuate the false narrative used to dupe millions of Americans! TFG is a deceiver on a mass scale and the babblers of the Right social media have submitted themselves to delusional self diception and internal dishonesty. One only has to look at Alex Jones’s trial re The blatant dishonesty of his Sandy Hook narrative then apply the same dynamic to the gaggle of social/political commentators of the right who repeat Trumps lies to understand how entrenched the culture of dishonesty has become. It is a world built on lies as the foundation and propped up by constant reactionary river of lies! This is one diabolically sick situation that with a bit of solid and sustained confrontation will fall like a deck of cards! There will be collateral damage and those of the deception will try and blame those confronting and exposing the lie. In some respects it is a good thing that this process is taking some time as it increases the chance that doubt in the false narrative among many who have been swept up in this mess can develop to some degree.
    You can pretty well hold a mirror up to trumps face on everything he accuses his opponents of and know that in reality he is guilty of………. Drain the swamp ?? He created a cesspool of gigantic proportion. ……..hoax?? I would laugh if it wasn’t so serious…….
    Last edited by Hallam; 08-12-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

He (Mr. Obama's people, anyway) "took" them with the blessings of the National Archives and the Archivist of the United States, with the understanding that they will be going into the Obama Library.

A slight difference , but a important difference.

[pretty sure those documents didn't include highly classified documents, either].
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

One hopes this will be the future Trump library.

20191204_091404-777x437.jpg
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Early on Trump built a solid platform upon which he could lie with ‘virtual’ impunity. The internet was a gift and strategic resource! There was Cambridge Analytica fulfilling one role of upending the level playing field of the voting system in a dishonest but barely ( technically) legal means. There was the deliberate strategy of outing mainstream media as the enemy until any one who articulated reality that disagrees with what Trump was developing was seen as part of the evil conspiracy against Trump himself but also, importantly against his followers interests. He conflated his interests with the interests of his base and that was one or his greatest lies. Everything he does in respond to the FBI raids will follow the same pattern. He will get more desperate as he is backed into a corner. He may well loose his $#!t.
    Some are asking why are many in the GOP still supporting Trump. I reckon the most likely answer is they want to benefit from and build upon what he has begun with ‘his’ base. They stand back in awe as they look upon what he has achieved and how he got away with it for so long! Obviously these people are morally bankrupt and are enticed into scheming to the n’th degree!
    Last edited by Hallam; 08-12-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    Early on Trump built a solid platform upon which he could lie with ‘virtual’ impunity. The internet was a gift and strategic resource! There was Cambridge Analytica fulfilling one role of upending the level playing field of the voting system in a dishonest but barely ( technically) legal means. There was the deliberate strategy of outing mainstream media as the enemy until any one who articulated reality that disagrees with what Trump was developing was seen as part of the evil conspiracy against Trump himself but also, importantly against his followers interests. He conflated his interests with the interests of his base and that was one or his greatest lies. Everything he does in respond to the FBI raids will follow the same pattern. He will get more desperate as he is backed into a corner. He may well loose his $#!t.
    Some are asking why are many in the GOP still supporting Trump. I reckon the most likely answer is they want to benefit from and build upon what he has begun with ‘his’ base. They stand back in awe as they look upon what he has achieved and how he got away with it for so long! Obviously these people are morally bankrupt and are enticed into scheming to the n’th degree!
    they support him because opposing him is a career-ending act.

Profiles in Cowardice. Those who opposed him early on came to the realization that opposition could end their careers and changed their tune. Like the old Groucho Marx joke, "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, well, I have others."

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    One hopes this will be the future Trump library.
    No more than 150-piece jigsaw puzzles, though.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

There's a cartoon out somewhere showing the Trump Presidential Library in a septic tank.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

It seems that to his followers Trump can literally do no wrong.
    Its like a parallel universe. Everything is seen through a totally different lens. They cannot conceive that Trump could ever be dishonest. Half the freakin population! WTF is going on over there!?
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF
    There's a cartoon out somewhere showing the Trump Presidential Library in a septic tank.

"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Its like a parallel universe. Everything is seen through a totally different lens. They cannot conceive that Trump could ever be dishonest. Half the freakin population! WTF is going on over there!?
    First, it isn’t half the population. It’s only a large minority of voters. Second, IMO, they know he lies, but it’s his winning strategy against the libs, and that’s what matters to them. I think it’s loyalty akin to sports fans. He’s their guy and they are his people, just like the sports minded people of a city or state are automatically for their city’s or state’s team and their star player, regardless of the team’s or the star’s performance or their record of wins and losses for the season. trmp took them to the finals and they are wearing the face paint and buying the merch and quoting the stats, and beating the lib team is the only thing.

#3: DOJ has taken a great risk? What bushwah. Do you seriously think that Garland/Biden and DOJ would do this unless there was some real concern and reason for asking for a search warrant? Do you think a judge would friviously grant a search warrant on specious grounds?

No, this is serious as a crutch.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Every Republican is an obstacle to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    First, it isn’t half the population. It’s only a large minority of voters. Second, IMO, they know he lies, but it’s his winning strategy against the libs, and that’s what matters to them. I think it’s loyalty akin to sports fans. He’s their guy and they are his people, just like the sports minded people of a city or state are automatically for their city’s or state’s team and their star player, regardless of the team’s or the star’s performance or their record of wins and losses for the season. trmp took them to the finals and they are wearing the face paint and buying the merch and quoting the stats, and beating the lib team is the only thing.
    sounds right

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    One MUST realize the people who get their information from Newmax, FOX, etc. are being fed entirely different facts.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

So, why post it here? Does it somehow relate to Trump stealing government secrets and keeping them even after getting a subpoena?
    It's just as the thread's title implies. There will be unrelated and irrelevant distractions provided by many toadies.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

How Caesar loved the people.

-- Marc Anthony, flinging the bloody robe into the crowd.

Here is himself, marr'd, as you see, with traitors. marr'd marred, disfigured | with by

First Plebeian
    O piteous spectacle!

Second Plebeian
    O noble Caesar!

Third Plebeian
    O woeful day!

Fourth Plebeian
    O traitors, villains!

First Plebeian
    O most bloody sight!

Second Plebeian
    We will be revenged.

All
    Revenge! About! Seek! Burn! Fire! Kill! Slay! About! to work! Slay! Let not a traitor live!

Who will be Trump's Anthony? Michael Flynn? Roger Stone? Alex Jones? Sean Hannity? Josh Hawley? Ron DeSantis? Loren Boebert? Marjorie Taylor Greene? Better order up the togas and some columns. We already have the plebians.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence