Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mar a Largo

Default Re: Mar a Largo

The problem continues that many of our fellow citizens get their information from sources who don't cover this at all, or present it all quite differently.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    The problem continues that many of our fellow citizens get their information from sources who don't cover this at all, or present it all quite differently.
    And the answer to all of this, is to raise kids with a critical mindset. The much-maligned (by the right-wing, at least) "media studies" is more valuable than ever.

"What's the underlying truth? Why are they selling me this perspective? What's in it for them?"

I was lucky enough to be raised in a family where my Dad worked in TV, and I learned to question everything. Indeed, he made me the critical cynic that I am today.

My own career in TV (as a camera operator) was, looking back, something I decided to terminate when I realised that 'outsiders' were often enthralled by my stories, and I was thinking "but it's just a job". These days? Maybe 99% of the stuff I worked on has been wiped/forgotten. It's ephemeral. Of little worth.

So...Educate the young to expect and demand the truth - or, at least, require a more balanced and varied opinion.

Problem solved.

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

The FBI raided my house. Send money.

Love,
    Donald F. Trump
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

i hope they found something. if not, geeeez.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Wanna bet they found something ? You don’t get a federal judge to sign a search warrant on a former president for a fishing expedition.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Indeed. Many of my friends who vote for the GOP were hoping Trump would not run, and now they want him to run and plan to support his election. It has energized some quite a bit and all the conservative websites reflect this change in thinking.
    Because Trump's house got searched? Really? They want him to run because his house got searched? What would he do about it, if elected?
    Last edited by Osborne Russell; 08-10-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

They see it as government controlled completely by the Democratic Party doing a unprecedented act against a potential Republican presidential candidate.
    What does precedent have to do with it? Is crime still crime? Is evidence still evidence? Is a warrant still valid? This stuff about precedent is, forgive me, pure bull S.

It is offensive to them as it was to most Democrats when Trump asked the Ukraine government to investigate Hunter Biden and Burisma. I'm not trying to justify it - I still don't want Trump to run! I'm just sharing what I have learned in the past 24 hours.
    Uh huh. Well, if you get the chance, please share this, in the other direction: "Don't be stupid. Executing search warrants is law enforcement."
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

Indeed. Many of my friends who vote for the GOP were hoping Trump would not run, and now they want him to run and plan to support his election. It has energized some quite a bit and all the conservative websites reflect this change in thinking.
    It's a good thing there are photos of your many friends

F18333DB-F15F-4115-B8AB-5DF22532AD4A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Because Trump's house got searched? Really?
    It’s a cult

The sad fact that the republicans don’t understand is they have less than 30% of Voting Americans and out of that 30% less than 5% of them are T***nuts, this is why republicans haven’t won the popular vote in decades and will never abandon the slave era Electoral College or district gerrymandering in their favor. If they don’t promote the Big Lie of election fraud or disenfranchising poor people or people of color by implementing draconian election laws that border on a revised poll tax, because they know the sad fact is they really don’t have the American vote.

Because Trump's house got searched? Really?
    Doesn't take much, does it? What'll they do if he gets indicted? And if he were to get caught robbing a bank, they'd support him to the death? 'I could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue . . ."

FWIW, the judge who authorized the warrant was appointed by Trump.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post

Love,
    Donald F. Trump
    what a grifter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OtvdntUKtM

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Doesn't take much, does it? What'll they do if he gets indicted? And if he were to get caught robbing a bank, they'd support him to the death? 'I could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue . . ."

FWIW, the judge who authorized the warrant was appointed by Trump.
    Hey he called it.

Trump: I could ‘shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters’
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit...ort/index.html

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

What does precedent have to do with it? Is crime still crime? Is evidence still evidence? Is a warrant still valid? This stuff about precedent is, forgive me, pure bull S.

Uh huh. Well, if you get the chance, please share this, in the other direction: "Don't be stupid. Executing search warrants is law enforcement."
    The "Law and Order party" just wants the other side to follow laws.

Love,
    Donald F. Trump
    I need to make another payment to Melania's dress designer.

Love,
    Donald F. Trump

Speaking of grifting:

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    Geeeez, what?

The DEA gets a warrant for a storage unit. No heroin. Does it mean the warrant was invalid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    The "Law and Order party" just wants the other side to follow laws.
    Yep.

Here's another good one:

"The warrant was invalid!"
    "Why?"
    "Because it was done for political reasons!"
    "So, the judge should have refused to issue it?"
    "Yes!"
    "Why?"
    "For political reasons!"

I lived in Kentucky between 1997 and 2020. I think that map is incorrect in regard to that commonwealth. Kentucky is at least as conservative as Ohio.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford View Post
    One of the better scenarios would be for Trump to stand, lose the primary and be so angry that he pulls his supporters away and splits the vote.

John Welsford
    That's what I'm hoping to see, except just standing might be enough to do that. I guess it's my optimism that, Phillipines aside, no country has enough stupid people for someone like Trump to be considered a serious contender twice.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

I lived in Kentucky between 1997 and 2020. I think that map is incorrect in regard to that commonwealth. Kentucky is at least as conservative as Ohio.
    It appears to have been cobbled together by a 'content provider' and not well researched. Or they used a very strange definition of 'liberal'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Joe, I dunno who put together that map, but I think they may have had way too much gin before they did it

Seriously, North Carolina and Iowa more liberal than Minnesota? New Hampshire MORE liberal than Vermont?? Florida and Louisiana and Montana more liberal than Wisconsin, Michigan, and Virginia? Pull the other one, Waldo.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

It seems an informer told the FBI what documents where hidden by TFG and where.

Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.

The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI's deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump's Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI.

( follow the link for the rest... the article goes a bit down hill and does some strange opinioning re it being a spectacular failure because of the reaction by Trump supporters yada yada... bit it's very interesting re an informant being involved. )
    Last edited by Hallam; 08-11-2022 at 12:31 AM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

I like the memes and Twitter comments suggesting it's Melania. Or Dark Baron.

Prompted by the realization that he wants to bury them in shallow graves on a New Jersey golf course.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

What a gift from God if Baron is the mole!
    Not entirely out of the question. It was his kids that turned in the dude from Texas who got seven years for his insurrection actions.
    Its had to have been tough spending so much time having your old man vilified (Rightfully) in the press day after day. I'll bet the kid took a lot of crap in school...maybe its time for some payback?

My "most amusing barely plausible storyline" comment of the day was to the effect that Ivana Trump, a slender woman in her 70s who probably weighed about 112 pounds, had 10 pallbearers.... how many top secret files are buried with her?
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

i hope it was one of the undocumented housekeepers.

If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I find it disturbing NJ is only slightly more liberal than PA. Philly and Pittsburgh must really skew Pennsylvania's results.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    i hope it was one of the undocumented housekeepers.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    And the answer to all of this, is to raise kids with a critical mindset. The much-maligned (by the right-wing, at least) "media studies" is more valuable than ever.

"What's the underlying truth? Why are they selling me this perspective? What's in it for them?"

I was lucky enough to be raised in a family where my Dad worked in TV, and I learned to question everything. Indeed, he made me the critical cynic that I am today.

My own career in TV (as a camera operator) was, looking back, something I decided to terminate when I realised that 'outsiders' were often enthralled by my stories, and I was thinking "but it's just a job". These days? Maybe 99% of the stuff I worked on has been wiped/forgotten. It's ephemeral. Of little worth.

So...Educate the young to expect and demand the truth - or, at least, require a more balanced and varied opinion.

Problem solved.

Andy
    I don't think it's that simple. There is a reasonable assumption that "news" network is giving factual information. The concept of free speech is not without boundaries. Fraud is not legal speech; it is a crime. The deliberate misinforming of voters, IMO, is no different than a car dealer turning back an odometer.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    That’s it.

To all of those in the punditry class I think they are doing a great disservice to the American legal system when they refer to the legally executed search by bench issued warrant as a "RAID".

I'm under no illusion that the intent is nothing more than an effort (one that is sadly succeeding) to obscure the issue and color the perception favorably in Fraudo Baggins direction. The rule of law is on ever increasing shaky ground and ultimately will accrue to our collective detriment.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

But it’s like Ruby Ridge and Waco rolled into one!