Page 1 of 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mar a Largo

Default Re: Mar a Largo

He isn't president of the United States. Someone needs to tell him JayInOz

Holy hell.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Trump declined to say why the FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago, but the former President said the raid was unannounced and “they even broke into my safe.”

“My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” he said in a statement.

2 things. First, "probable cause" that evidence of a specific crime would be there was required. For damned sure, a Federal Judge would not have signed their name to search Trump's residence if the probable cause was even a bit sketchy.

Second, it's the 50th anniversary today of Nixon's resignation. Somebody has both a sense of humor, and of history.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

White House was unaware till the news broke publicly. Referring all questions to the DoJ.

As is 100% appropriate.

Hella good week for Biden though .

Reports now that the raid was in relation to the 15 boxes of documents taken.

They broke into the safe looking for some of the stuff.

And trump would be stupid enough to believe it could never happen, and stupid enough to leave incriminating evidence where it could be found. I'll bet there was some good reading in that safe

Willing to be the safe was more along the lines of, "Either you can open the safe, or we can open the safe the hard way. Cheaper for you if you open the safe."
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Some of us probably need to retract some criticisms of Merritt Garland.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Any evidence discovered executing the warrant can be lawfully used in the investigation of other crimes not mentioned in the search warrant too.

The 15 boxes of documents seem to have provided probable cause, but who knows what else will have been in the safe, or stored on computers and devices, etc etc.

Still sick with Covid, this has put a huge smile on my face and making me feel a lot better!!
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Talking heads on Fox Spews must be going crazy.

Let's not get our hopes up too high.
    Trump is famous for never leaving a paper/electronic trail with his fingerprints on them.
    But, we can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I'd be in that group. I'm happy to be wrong about Garland.

If this is about the 15 boxes of documents, Trump probably destroyed them the day after the story broke that he had illegally taken them from the White House. I sure would have.

The FBI isn't stupid and would know this. Did they have some info that those boxes were still there?

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    2 things. First, "probable cause" that evidence of a specific crime would be there was required. For damned sure, a Federal Judge would not have signed their name to search Trump's residence if the probable cause was even a bit sketchy.

Second, it's the 50th anniversary today of Nixon's resignation. Somebody has both a sense of humor, and of history.

48th anniversary (just checked), August 8th, 1974. The Watergate break-in was June 17, 1972 -- pity they couldn't have timed thing to coincide with that.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Wow!!! You should tune into FOX for just a minute and listen to them howl.
    I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    If this is about the 15 boxes of documents, Trump probably destroyed them the day after the story broke that he had illegally taken them from the White House. I sure would have.

The FBI isn't stupid and would know this. Did they have some info that those boxes were still there?

Anything found during the execution of a search warrant may be used as evidence in the prosecution crimes unrelated to the original warrant. So I understand.

AP has it as of a few minutes ago --

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...950af7ccfdbdd6
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Apparently the Trumpish forums are at least as full of violent rhetoric tonight as just before Jan6.

I find myself thinking that I now understand why, all of a sudden, Gen Milley's devastating but unsent resignation letter to Trump was released in full yesterday.

It's a message to the military and national guard from the present Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff about his views of the loyalty he expects of the forces, and the unflinching position defending the Constitution he would take if self styled civil warriors got active.

Apparently DOJ wasn’t in a negotiating mood for documents illegally taken by Lardo

That didn't take long.

I hope they cloned his phone. There would be everything one would need. I bet some lackie tossed nitwitter phone already.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

This had to be cleared by Merrick Garland. It must be a search for something significant. I'm thinking this may involve national security.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post

They got the boxes back a while ago. This was about what trump** kept from the boxes when they were returned. Keeping some of the stuff was a crime, but so was taking all the boxes in the first place. How much of this top secret stuff was passed on to Putin?

One thing about Nixon: I’ll bet he would have despised trump.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

I stomached a few minutes of Fox News. The line was, “If the FBI can do this to a former President of the United States, just think what they can do to you.” Fear mongering all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    I stomached a few minutes of Fox News. The line was, “If the FBI can do this to a former President of the United States, just think what they can do to you.” Fear mongering all the way.
    Yup. The FBI can come take away all the classified documents I've taken from the White House. O, wait...I don't have any!

Demonstrates no one is above the law? Trust no jack booted thugs but your own!

Very hard to walk away from a cult. To admit you've been so suckered, for so long.

But what about Hunter Biden?
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Merrick.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com