Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is nothing like a weekend motorcycle ride in California

Default Re: There is nothing like a weekend motorcycle ride in California

You do have some epic riding down there Ted. I don't know what those early road engineers were drinking back in the day but they sure knew how to lay out a road for motorcycles.

You also have fine taste bikes. If my 31 y/o 116,000 mile GSPD ever needs replacing I will be looking awfully hard at an R Nine T like yours. Fortunately for my pocketbook the old airhead just keeps ticking along.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Not to Hijack Tedís cool thread but The Los Vesparados Scooter Club is planning a long weekend ride up to Santa Cruz taking the PCH most of the way up and Hotels Tonight and a credit card

90E3EC09-AAD0-47D5-B175-9D14ACB48072.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Not to Hijack Ted’s cool thread but The Los Vesparados Scooter Club is planning a long weekend ride up to Santa Cruz taking the PCH most of the way up and Hotels Tonight and a credit card

90E3EC09-AAD0-47D5-B175-9D14ACB48072.jpg
    When's that? Can non vaccaros (Italian : One who tended cows) join in or get a piece of that?
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-08-2022 at 02:20 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Not to Hijack Tedís cool thread but The Los Vesparados Scooter Club is planning a long weekend ride up to Santa Cruz taking the PCH most of the way up and Hotels Tonight and a credit card
    (Note that it may be a headwind northbound on the coast, South is a piece of cake)

Check out Lucia...
    https://lucialodge.com/rates.html

Stop for tri tip in Santa Maria. Also, near Lompoc is an ostrich farm thatís hilarious fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    respect. I really like that 4. Marsh Creek road that connects to 4 is one of my favorites in the area. The delta part is lovely once you get past the shoreline development. The slow incline to Murphy's is nice. When it starts going from 2500 feet to 5500 is it a bear. I wish I was I shape for that ride on bicycle. Wow.

I suppose I could sell the boat and start to train. Leaving my wife as a boat widow and making her a bicycle widow. Then again... she would likely ride with me more times than sail.
    You rode through my old neighborhood. I lived in Dorrington, just above Big Trees Park for 28 years. I live in Sonora now. You have plenty of time to get in shape to ride, I'm 83 and still riding. I've ridden Highway 4 to Bear Valley hundreds of times and over the pass to Markleeville quite a few times. I still go over to Dorrington and ride up to Bear Valley and back, a few times every year. I did my first longer ride, since Covid today, a 41 mile ride out of Knights Ferry.