Thread: Dick Cheney

Default Dick Cheney

What is this world coming to? I actually agree with Dick Cheney on something.

https://youtu.be/5sYk-7v74C8

https://youtu.be/V9nAnju6Kqw

In my opinion, Dick Cheney helped make Donald Trump possible by conditioning voters to accept lies without question. Still, "The enemy of my enemy..." and all that.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Default Re: Dick Cheney

his daughter is still gonna lose
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Maybe Donny could go hunting with Dick….
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

0:16..0:20 a (nother Cheney) lie.. He, Cheney himself, was the actualization of the end of the experiment in democratic (self, hah!) rule. 45 - and what follows - is/was a foregone conclusion.

The problem with the progressives and liberals right now is that they are still treating this situation like we are in a state of normalcy. - Malcolm Nance

and yes, true blues are acting from a belief in a continuing state of normalcy.. just as Germans did in the years leading up to the rise of totalitarianism.

otoh, we are in a state of normalcy. the last time the oligarchy/aka robber barons did this to workers we ended up in a devastating near world wide war.. and on track, we appear to be.

When we ll we ever learn.. when will we ev - er learn. (< where have all the flowers gone - youtube link).

He has a white hat so he’s obviously a good guy. You’re right CW, Cheney worked a high level scam for educated people and TFG took it out of the park for those not in Cheney and GW’s world.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    his daughter is still gonna lose
    Probably. I have mixed feelings about that, although I disagree with nearly all, or maybe all, of her votes prior to Jan 6.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    0:16..0:20 a (nother Cheney) lie.. He, Cheney himself, was the actualization of the end of the experiment in democratic (self, hah!) rule. 45 - and what follows - is/was a foregone conclusion.

The problem with the progressives and liberals right now is that they are still treating this situation like we are in a state of normalcy. - Malcolm Nance

and yes, true blues are acting from a belief in a continuing state of normalcy.. just as Germans did in the years leading up to the rise of totalitarianism.

otoh, we are in a state of normalcy. the last time the oligarchy/aka robber barons did this to workers we ended up in a devastating near world wide war.. and on track, we appear to be.
    And when and if for whatever reason, we start another war, we will lose (Again)

Imagine the great Krupp Industries reduced to making coffee machines!
    Hopefully we don't start locking up all the Mexicans and Chinese, driving gays into hiding for their lives and blaming them for our woes.

Cool Re: Dick Cheney

Never trust a guy named Dick.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

^ for sure, Richard, the Dick, Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    And when and if for whatever reason, we start another war, we will lose (Again)

Imagine the great Krupp Industries reduced to making coffee machines!
    IKR?

And if Einstein is correct - "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - General Dynamics will be making the best mortar & pestle rigs for grinding your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Hopefully we don't start locking up all the Mexicans and Chinese, driving gays into hiding for their lives and blaming them for our woes.
    Wait, What?

Oh yeah.. here we go again.

^ Einstein also married his first cousin proving he was not the smartest person and maybe had some serious ethical issues.

Possible foundation leading to the theory of Relativity as relates to the laws of attraction.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-07-2022 at 09:49 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

^ there's a fallacy thread going on that might be helpful..

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    ^ there's a fallacy thread going on that might be helpful..
    You felt compelled to post about Einstein in a Dick Cheney thread. Quite a reach about the behavior of others in what they will do to and for ones own family.

blind hero worship is folly. Humans live complicated lives. The cult of celebrity lingers even when morals of the worshiped fail measure.

https://www.biography.com/.amp/news/...ffairs-letters

Einstein was married twice, first to his former student Mileva Maric, and then to his cousin Elsa. His marriages were marred with affairs, along with women lavishing gifts on him. In previous known letters, Einstein expressed the misery he experienced in his first marriage, describing Mileva as a depressed and jealous woman. Of the two sons he had with her, he had even confessed he wished his younger son Eduard, whom had schizophrenia, was never born. As for his second wife Elsa, he called their relationship a union of convenience.

For all of Einstein's immortalized genius, his love life proved he was very much a human tethered to Earth.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-08-2022 at 01:03 AM.

And another thing, Dick and Donald’s appeal to two dimensional masculinity. Dick in the white hat disses Donald “Yr a dirty yellow livered coward!”

whatever

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    And another thing, Dick and Donald’s appeal to two dimensional masculinity. Dick in the white hat disses Donald “Yr a dirty yellow livered coward!”

whatever
    Yep. We can't turn the page fast enough for these two old dudes.

I wonder what kind of heart Cheney has in his chest. Suppose it was a loved child's?
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-08-2022 at 12:19 PM.

We're all wrong about some things, right about others. This time, he got it right. If making that video helps, good for him.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I think the sad reality is that the voice for change must come from within the party. They need a lot more change than Dick Cheney can provide, but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    We're all wrong about some things, right about others. This time, he got it right. If making that video helps, good for him.
    They both believe deceiving the public is a necessary practice. It must offend Cheney and the neocons to see Trump weaken the institutions of security for his base emotional needs through gaslighting while they relied on those institutions for hegemonic wars.

He's trying to help Liz. I doubt he's concerned past that.
    "Banning books and not guns seems backwards. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book