Thread: Bad Omen?

Default Bad Omen?

The Have you contracted COVID yet? and the If not now when? threads are stacked right next to each other.

Default Re: Bad Omen?

No, but it's probably inevitable. Right now I'm sneezing….. allergy….to dark Belgian chocolate…… but I love it!

I have yet to get COVID and I have flown over 100 flights to and from Florida over the past 3 years. I did get both doses of the vaccine and a booster. I stopped masking on flights as soon as the requirement was dropped and do not mask up at home unless in a situation where it is required. Like skuthorp I imagine it is inevitable.

Not yet. Same with SO. Did home test yesterday after feeling like crap, but think it's just allergies kicking in again. Pretty much everyone I know and work with has had it.

As I said on the other thread. Tested positive once. Likely had it a second time in June of this year.

Had some sensory issues after the first one. (Coffee smelled “funny” for about 6 months afterwards.)

Second instance resulted in a lingering cough (with no other symptoms) for about 3-4 weeks after the initial illness.

Overall… got away unscathed in both accounts.

We've had all the shots and figure; if we get it...we get it. Nothing so far and we don't take any special precautions anymore. But then St. Helens has a population of ~6K. Admittedly, a lot of those work in Portland, but the incidence of Covid in Portland is even dropping.

Deanne has heart issues and a case of covid won't help. We take all the precautions we can. Wearing a mask mostly keeps the wearer from spreading the virus to others so, if you're not wearing a mask, you're flipping off the rest of us.

Yup. My home test didn't turn positive until day 4.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I have Covid right now.
    I am not having fun.
    I am not happy.
    But this shall pass.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Yup. My home test didn't turn positive until day 4.

SWMBO gave me a rapid antigen test this morning.

Said both stripes lit up solid literally as soon as she dosed the test strip with the Reagan's solution. None of this "wait 15 minutes" stuff.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Had avoided it until this July. Fully vaccinated double boosted. Had to attend a family funeral in Florida July 1. Returned on the 4th, symptomatic on the 6th, positive on the 7th. of course I also shared it with my wife. Got the antiviral. High fever and misery for about 36 hours. Then asymptomatic for 4 days. Again fever and coughing for about 36 hours. The now famous "Presidential" rebound. Cough lasted about 3 weeks.
    If you don't know where you're going, you might not end up there.-Yogi Berra

Bummer Rich! Get well soon.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green