Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Why have a Checklist ?

Default Re: Why have a Checklist ?

it's not uncommon. and the more capable you are, the more honest and hardworking and accountable, the more likely it becomes.

i used to pay "better than market wages" too. that and a five spot will get you a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    We have a profit margin of 33%
    So you have a business that produces $330K/year.

You could pay some high school kid $50/day to do the checks.
    Life is complex.

#1 Obviously, I check everyday thats why there are photos in this thread

#2 I hire workers and part of their job is to clean, and leave the van better than you found it. I don't know a job where you just do one thing and not expected to do common sense things like .......... closing the freaking door ?????

#3 I built a million dollar revenue company from nothing in less than 5 years. So I think I can go on "holiday" for a couple of weeks. When you can pull that rabbit out of the hat you can talk to me

You posted a photo and gave your story of what it was about. Your groomer could have been in the back of the van cleaning it, or even standing behind you asking " excuse me Joe, i need to pick up my tools and lock the van". When you yourself state you have an online persona that likes to create content for entertainment, one has to consider this, maybe its more attention seeking and a little dopamine hit for you when people respond, even if negative?

"I built a million dollar revenue company from nothing in less than 5 years".........which makes me think the attention seeking validation is what makes you post. You did not even mention your partner/wife........

If you have staff trouble, why do you not contact the "leadership team" that you say is available for potential franchise purchasers? That would not be you would it?

It would appear that several others also agree that a person to clean and check the vehicles at the end of the day might be worthy idea , but your likely response will be to tell them also not to talk to you unless they single handedly (even when you did not) start a buisness from scratch...blah blah blah.....

The ram-raid story was more entertaining, but sadly and more surprisingly, no pictures of that little escapade.

Yous a funny guy.......

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    i used to pay "better than market wages" too. that and a five spot will get you a cup of coffee.
    Our NGO used to pay slightly above "market wages" for staff. Using the donors' funds responsibly and all that. We were rewarded by high staff turnover and widespread incompetence, often costly.

We finally persuaded donors that you get what you pay for and now we pay about 30% above what local ranches and soybean farms pay. The quality of the work increased and our headaches decreases, both disproportionately. Our staff actually feel lucky to have their jobs and want to keep them.

Ciao from Bologna

So it seems like some of you are formulating some quantum leaps in conjecture. You see this has not been a problem over the last 6 years this is a RECENT problem with a few new groomers. We take the time to train every the same way we’ve been doing it. I have an open door policy and to be honest our groomers love me and know I have their back. It’s very difficult to find groomers that can do all that we need and do it will skill and proficiency. The groomer in this thread is very green we’ve taken her on as a bather / apprentice. She only does bath dogs at this time but Renee and my senior groomers are taking her out and teaching her. I like she’s very sweet and has a bit of a trouble and tormented life so I’m more gentle with her than our other groomers.

I even took her out training
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...day&highlight=

As you know it’s incredibly hard to find quality groomers see this thread I started
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ned&highlight=

I have a long sit down talk with her before we left, and I explained that she needs to up her game when it comes to completing tasks and shutting things off.

As to hiring someone, yea that’s in the future but we keep 3 of the 4 vans and a service van in our apartment complex parking lot. So there really isn’t an office or a garage bay were a hired “inspector” can come out and check the vans. I’m working on an office space with parking for all the vans, and then I might hire someone. Again, this really isn’t a problem with most of our groomers and the two other new groomers have correct the self’s and use the checklist perfectly.

As for my partner and my wife the most importing thing is SHE KNOWS how I feel about her and her contribution and really that all that matters to her and me

Vadim since you basically stalk all my post why don’t you be a sweetheart and go and look up all the post that I praise my wife and what she brings to the table hmmmmm.

Here let me help
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...!!!&highlight=
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

ahh, the joys of a joe thread.

start with drama about your own life.

introduce "facts" as convenient.

a great method of controlling and "winning". be the only person who knows "the rest of the story". produce that story with the slant best suited to drubbing any less-than pliant participants in your "conversation".

lather, rinse, repeat.

Ffs joe. I expect nothing but eye-talian posts for 3 weeks. Btw-many beautiful beaches. Topless is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    ahh, the joys of a joe thread.

start with drama about your own life.

introduce "facts" as convenient.

a great method of controlling and "winning". be the only person who knows "the rest of the story". produce that story with the slant best suited to drubbing any less-than pliant participants in your "conversation".

lather, rinse, repeat.

^^^^^^

(to borrow a “like” style from David G)

Joes threads have become nothing but click bait. Time to think of them in that way and treat them accordingly.

Vadim since you basically stalk all my post .........
    Nothing entirely close to being factually correct in that comment. Indeed, just another example of your self-centric-inflated ego.

If i was on holiday with my partner for 3 weeks, i wouldnt be cruising forums, let alone responding to people i do not know, so i guess i should be flattered, but i would suggest more time spent doting on your partner, rather than looking up links about yourself to give to other people that you already accuse of stalking you....... maybe you do not see the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim 68 View Post
    Nothing entirely close to being factually correct in that comment. Indeed, just another example of your self-centric-inflated ego.

If i was on holiday with my partner for 3 weeks, i wouldnt be cruising forums, let alone responding to people i do not know, so i guess i should be flattered, but i would suggest more time spent doting on your partner, rather than looking up links about yourself to give to other people that you already accuse of stalking you....... maybe you do not see the irony.
    I was taking a ****e don’t flatter yourself I was just wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Joe,

have you considered that it may well be (my experience tells me "it probably is") a systems problem, and not a worker problem?

If these are the results you are getting with running things the way you are, maybe it's time to change the way you run things. There are some good suggestions on this thread. Perhaps it's time for a meeting with your groomers to explain what's going on, and listen to their suggestions about why it's happening, and how to stop it?

There's a fair amount of research out there suggesting that employees appreciate being part of the solution a lot more than they like it when employers use sticks or carrots to impose a solution.

Tom
    I’m with Tom, and wtf Joe this is an energy suck you and the biz don’t need.

#3 I built a million dollar revenue company from nothing in less than 5 years. So I think I can go on "holiday" for a couple of weeks. When you can pull that rabbit out of the hat you can talk to me
    I was part of a small pizza chain that started with one and grew to 22 in five years then collapsed because systems that worked with a few restaurants where working partners worked 60 hrs a week didn’t work with a dozen restaurants. Basically the main money man could no longer guide/cajole/nurture that many over working partners. Rapid growth doesn’t imply stability.
    Last edited by LeeG; 08-16-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim 68 View Post
    Don't fret, it's Joes MO. If you reply to any comment and perhaps suggest an improvement to his behaviour you are clearly a psycho and living in his head etc. Because Joe is above reproach, a super fantastic guy and everyone loves him. Even when he is beating people up and crashing through their barriers.

Personally I'd say his evaluation of prospective employees is flawed. He can not see through the BS or role play of an interviewee.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I was part of a small pizza chain that started with one and grew to 22 in five years then collapsed because systems that worked with a few restaurants where working partners worked 60 hrs a week didn’t work with a dozen restaurants. Basically the main money man could no longer guide/cajole/nurture that many over working partners. Rapid growth doesn’t imply stability.
    That’s why I went with the franchise model

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Don't fret, it's Joes MO. If you reply to any comment and perhaps suggest an improvement to his behaviour you are clearly a psycho and living in his head etc. Because Joe is above reproach, a super fantastic guy and everyone loves him. Even when he is beating people up and crashing through their barriers.

Personally I'd say his evaluation of prospective employees is flawed. He can not see through the BS or role play of an interviewee.
    You two should get a room

I consider you a failure Joe.

Ever think, maybe it was a bad idea to drop out of Princeton to pursue becoming being an artist?

If you'd stayed, you would be retired by now. Not chasing around other peoples stupid ****, over caffeinated and stressed out.

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    I consider you a failure Joe.

Ever think, maybe it was a bad idea to drop out of Princeton to pursue becoming being an artist?

If you'd stayed, you would be retired by now. Not chasing around other peoples stupid ****, over caffeinated and stressed out.
    Look at me, look at me psychobabble, psychobabble, Lucky for you I never concern myself with your opinion but it does make me laugh so thank you for that

Ok Renee’s dressed, we are heading out to check out the Italian nightlife Ciao

There you have it folks..

Look at me, look at me psychobabble, psychobabble, Lucky for you I never concern myself with your opinion but it does make me laugh so thank you for that

Ok Renee’s dressed, we are heading out to check out the Italian nightlife Ciao
    From your other thread, I sure hope Renee is a bit more properly dressed for Italian nightlife than Italian sightseeing. Typical American.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    From your other thread, I sure hope Renee is a bit more properly dressed for Italian nightlife than Italian sightseeing. Typical American.
    I don’t know you tell me

938DC1D4-9897-441E-ABEB-A98E5A5C4B5B.jpg

Maybe but I thought she was in her pajamas.

Keep your eyes peeled Joe, you might be able to pick up one of these travel irons cheaply.

There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.