Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Brittney Griner

Default Re: Brittney Griner

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    I don't even know how to respond to this. It makes no sense. Maybe you should rephrase it. I'm sorry but this in not even English - it's word salad.

I got it, it's telling that you didn't. Kinda goes with the good Dr. Jungs premise that those that want believe that she did the crime and should do the time kinda are telling us their "agenda" As opposed to the fact that
    Griner is being used as a Pawn for political leverage between two opposing countries.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post

I got it, it's telling that you didn't. Kinda goes with the good Dr. Jungs premise that those that want believe that she did the crime and should do the time kinda are telling us their "agenda" As opposed to the fact that
    Griner is being used as a Pawn for political leverage between two opposing countries.
    why can it not be both at the same time?
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Her sentencing is definitely using her as a pawn. The average Russian gets 3 years or less for a similar offense. But it is still an offense. She made herself a pawn by doing this. She says that she forgot she packed her 8 vials of Hash oil for her vape. I have no way of knowing if this is the truth or a way to avoid responsibility. However ignorance of the law is no excuse. You say you have more Hash oil than the entire country of Russia. Well if you travel to one of the 20 US states that deem it illegal then you will be charged and convicted. Even if you say you forgot it was there or that you did not know it was illegal. Time to grow up and put your big boy pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Her sentencing is definitely using her as a pawn. The average Russian gets 3 years or less for a similar offense. But it is still an offense. She made herself a pawn by doing this. She says that she forgot she packed her 8 vials of Hash oil for her vape. I have no way of knowing if this is the truth or a way to avoid responsibility. However ignorance of the law is no excuse. You say you have more Hash oil than the entire country of Russia. Well if you travel to one of the 20 US states that deem it illegal then you will be charged and convicted. Even if you say you forgot it was there or that you did not know it was illegal. Time to grow up and put your big boy pants on.
    I lost a very nice Kershaw Ken Onion pocket knife because I simply forgot to not bring it with me on vacation. Something that is normally part of my every day cary. I'm bringing all of Renee & my prescriptions I just hope that none of them are illegal in Germany ( where we land in Europe ) or Italy where we are staying - hey but I'll message you if we need bail. People make mistakes that would otherwise be legal daily so they get in the habit of it being with them they forget. She admitted to forgetting, she was contrite, apologetic, and took responsibility ...... YET THEY THEY GAVE HER THE MAXIMUM PENALTY. So a "crime" that most Russians would probably receive 3 years or more probably a slap on the writs this pro athlete, a black, lesbian, American gets 3X the sentence ? Yea that seems fair and so telling of your position
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I lost a very nice Kershaw Ken Onion pocket knife because I simply forgot to not bring it with me on vacation. Something that is normally part of my every day cary. I'm bringing all of Renee & my prescriptions I just hope that none of them are illegal in Germany ( where we land in Europe ) or Italy where we are staying - hey but I'll message you if we need bail. People make mistakes that would otherwise be legal daily so they get in the habit of it being with them they forget. She admitted to forgetting, she was contrite, apologetic, and took responsibility ...... YET THEY THEY GAVE HER THE MAXIMUM PENALTY. So a "crime" that most Russians would probably receive 3 years or more probably a slap on the writs this pro athlete, a black, lesbian, American gets 3X the sentence ? Yea that seems fair and so telling of your position
    I don't disagree that the penalty was much greater than it should have been - by about 200%. I have stated that numerous times. However, would you still be upset if she was given a 2 year sentence which is what your run-of-the mill Russian would get for this?