Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Jews and non-christians are not part of the conservative movement

Default Jews and non-christians are not part of the conservative movement

So says Andrew Torba, CEO of Gab and consultant for Doug Mastriano, Republican candidate for PA's Governor.

https://www.jpost.com/american-politics/article-713128
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: Jews and non-christians are not part of the conservative movement

Wow...a true 14th century mentality. I hear echoes of Mel Brooks' "Inquisition" song....

That’s fine; I’m in good company.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Well, that will affect the flow of political donations.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Doesn’t he mean the white Christian nationalist movement.

You people are missing the point. Repeat after me:

"Thank you, Mr. Torba. May I quote you, Mr. Torba? Thank you Mr. Torba."
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I am white
    I am Christian
    I HATE the conservative movement because it is not truly being a Christian. Their is no empathy, there is no tolerance, there is no kindness or even doing onto others.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
    I am white
    I am Christian
    I HATE the conservative movement because it is not truly being a Christian. Their is no empathy, there is no tolerance, there is no kindness or even doing onto others.
    Oh there's 'doing unto others' alright, just not in the originally intended version of it. More likely the 'I got mine and screw everybody else' ​ version.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Oh there's 'doing unto others' alright, just not in the originally intended version of it. More likely the 'I got mine and screw everybody else' ​ version.
    That's NOT what I believe. The world can be such a cruel place, and kindness costs nothing.
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

That's NOT what I believe. The world can be such a cruel place, and kindness costs nothing.
    Amen to all of the above.

As it has been said many times, a society is judged based on how well or poorly it treats the least advantaged. The US of A in a lot of ways is not doing all that well by that standard.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Hugh, #2, I hear echoes of a whole lot more than that!

oh gawd I opened the article

. "We are going to build a coalition of Christian nationalists, of Christians, of Christian candidates, at the state, local and federal levels and we're going to take this country back for the glory of God."

I am white
    I am Christian
    More like "doing onto others before​ they do it onto you."
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

He’s a part of the Trumpist rot.

https://news.yahoo.com/doug-mastrian...120005341.html

It’s too bad that the Christian God has to be so consistently silent, leaving His passive by virtue of two thousand year’s passage Word to not announce more directly and concisely that He is not at all interested in such racist nationalism, nor the worldliness of His amnesiac so-called followers. Jesus wasn’t an American, nor caucasian, nor interested in mega-churches nor financial prosperity, nor the politics of His children. These people who profess to want to take back the so-called Christian nation are heretics and blasphemers and Jesus would’ve tossed them out of His temple on their sacriligious keesters.

Well, at least he's straightforward and clear about what he thinks.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Whats the difference between a being a Catholic and a Christian ?

Thats said some of my favorite people and friends I know are non christian, jews, gays, Mexican, Canadians, & Europeans.
    I really don't get a long with Evangelical Christians ever.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Hmmm, with the demographic developments in your country in mind very strict reproduction- and breeding instructions are unavoidable.
    Another variation on grab 'm by the p.ssy, you better be prepared !

It's hard to believe these people are really that stupid.

PS
    With this in mind, cancelling Roe vs Wase is certainly a strategic mistake of your SCOTUS.

Can we be surprised? Look what the GOP just did to veterans, a group they profess to support, because they lost a vote to the Democrats. That's all cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I've certainly known Christians who did not think that Catholics (me in particular) are Christians. I've collected a bunch of those stories and every time I think about them it makes me smile.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Putin added that "this is an explicitly Christian movement, because this is an explicitly Christian country. From its founding throughout its entire history it has been an explicitly Christian country."
    Pretty sure he's on record saying almost the exact same things.

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Can we be surprised? Look what the GOP just did to veterans, a group they profess to support, because they lost a vote to the Democrats. That's all cruelty.

I've certainly known Christians who did not think that Catholics (me in particular) are Christians. I've collected a bunch of those stories and every time I think about them it makes me smile.

I, too, have been surprised to learn from many people that Catholics are not Christian.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    I, too, have been surprised to learn from many people that Catholics are not Christian.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Truly shows their iggerence.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Torba stressed that Mastriano "answers only to Jesus Christ."
    Who knew that Jesus Christ is a registered voter in the State of Pennsylvania?

I would really enjoy seeing people like Torba and Mastriano taking a quiz on the teachings of Jesus. These folks have no connection with or awareness of Christ.

We're not saying we're going to deport all these people or whatever. You're free to stay here. You're not going to be forced to convert or anything like this because that's not biblical whatsoever. But you're going to enjoy the fruits of living in a Christian society under Christian laws and under a Christian culture and you can thank us later."

Straight up American Taliban and yet:

In the gubernatorial contest, Shapiro, the state attorney general, leads state Sen. Doug Mastriano (R., Franklin) 50% to 40% (Philadelphia Enquirer)

40%! Words are failing me as to why so many people think this is a good idea.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

"Not with a bang, but with a whimper"…………………...

Thats said some of my favorite people and friends I know are non christian, jews, gays, Mexican, Canadians, & Europeans.
    I really don't get a long with Evangelical Christians ever.
    I think that the evangelical christians have a problem with the RC Pope. Wasn't there a televangelist or some such a few years back during one of the election cycles that called the pope in Rome "the whore of Babylon".

The evangelicals that I've met are in fact rather disdainful of the pope and catholics in general as not being sufficiently christian enough.

They never seem to get the irony that their very attitude towards catholics is something quite removed from "Christ like" behavior and the teachings of the cat that they so vocally swear allegiance and fealty towards.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Being Christian allows one to say sorry (or not) after one proved one didn't love one's neighbor. It is the beauty and benefit of being a Christian with someone who claims he was with the Lord.

We live in a twisted world where Jesus was made God and Lord over us 1700 years ago when he claimed neither. With these man made rules on behavior like that, men can do what they want without guilt or fear.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 08-01-2022 at 04:56 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    That’s fine; I’m in good company.
    Yup. After all, Jesus wasn't a Christian either. He was a nice Jewish boy from Nazareth.

^ Precisely ! ! !
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    I think that the evangelical christians have a problem with the RC Pope.
    You have a gift for understatement.

Not much really. They both have the same imaginary friend.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Neither should have any standing unless they can prove their claims.

There appear to be two kinds of Christians. One kind focuses on the turning of the cheek bit, which is nice. The other kind focuses on the thought that everyone who is not like them will burn in everlasting hell, which is psychopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by George. View Post
    There appear to be two kinds of Christians. One kind focuses on the turning of the cheek bit, which is nice. The other kind focuses on the thought that everyone who is not like them will burn in everlasting hell, which is psychopathic.
    I had a friend who was raised Catholic then embraced Buddism. As nutty as he was I was impressed with his practice.

Quote Originally Posted by George. View Post
    There are some two billion at least nominal Christians, and their ideas, beliefs and behavior are about as diverse as would be expected. Aside from what they share with all humans, about the only thing they all have in common is that they think Jesus was a Very Big Deal, although exactly what that means varies a lot.

We could go on at tedious length about the different kinds, history and taxonomy and ideas. But I think you're right; that division is the important one - inclusion or exclusion, tribalism or kindness, us and them or all of us. The future of our species depends on which we choose.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 08-02-2022 at 07:59 AM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman