Thread: The speed of light, the paradoxes of time, and how many atoms are in the universe?

Default The speed of light, the paradoxes of time, and how many atoms are in the universe?

I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned

Default Re: The speed of light, the paradoxes of time, and how many atoms are in the universe

You don't need to watch it, unless of course, you like the light show. I suggest, just listen while you do something else.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned

Default Re: The speed of light, the paradoxes of time, and how many atoms are in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I've often wondered about that.

Reminds me of..

My science experiment PROVES that earthworms cannot live inside a brick..

.. 'But everyone knows that'..

..'yeah but no one proved it yet'.

Seriously? The 'solidity of the planets structure balances the force a body is drawn towards it's centre'? 'Therefore you sit in your chair.'

OK.

Quote Originally Posted by lupussonic View Post
    Reminds me of..

My science experiment PROVES that earthworms cannot live inside a brick..

.. 'But everyone knows that'..

..'yeah but no one proved it yet'.

Seriously? The 'solidity of the planets structure balances the force a body is drawn towards it's centre'? 'Therefore you sit in your chair.'

OK.

Is that why am finding it harder to get out of mine every day that passes?

My granddaughter asked me “Are there more doors than wheels in the world?”
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    My granddaughter asked me “Are there more doors than wheels in the world?”

Not all dogs have eyebrows you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Is that why am finding it harder to get out of mine every day that passes?
    In philosophy that's known as the body/mind problem

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

I listened to the whole thing. I found the explanation of gravity at the beginning at odds with what I understood it to be. To me gravity is a force of attraction, and asteroids like Bennu clearly demonstrates this.
    On the whole I found it very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I listened to the whole thing. I found the explanation of gravity at the beginning at odds with what I understood it to be. To me gravity is a force of attraction, and asteroids like Bennu clearly demonstrates this.
    On the whole I found it very interesting.
    I think that it depends on your point of reference.
    Mind you, his statement that the ground is accelerating up to meet you is confusing, however when you consider the force on your feet exerted by the floor, you have to agree with him. The problem being, if you are being accelerated towards the stationary bowling ball, where will you end up at the top of your trajectory? Or does it really matter?
    That may be why Relativity is post grad science.
    Last edited by Peerie Maa; 07-29-2022 at 06:01 PM.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

There is no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks. All the new explanations of gravity kind of leave me tired and still happy that Newton lived. Regardless of who is right, the apple will still hit you on the head if you sit under the tree long enough. Good enough for my daily life experiences and explains everything well enough for my satisfaction.

I and we can marvel and wonder at the mysteries of the universe all we want, but I cannot be understandably affected in any physical way.
    Last edited by Sandlapper; 07-29-2022 at 07:18 PM.