Thread: CLC Expedition Wherry Build.

Default CLC Expedition Wherry Build.

First off, I am ashamed to admit it has taken years to get to this point. Rebuilding my SeaSprite 23, my GP14, and building a kayak all got in the way of working on this boat. I should apologise profusely to it. Part of the problem is also my varying from the plans. I have made small and one large change to the plans (this was not a kit) as delivered from Chesapeake Light Craft. I made it into a take apart boat. The Sealed Bow and Stern Sections unbolt from the open cockpit.

I also wanted to give it a slightly more traditional look, so while the rough hatches are a clue, it will look better once I get the combing around the cockpit and the rub rails on.

But for now.. this is the first time in over a year the boat has been bolted back into one piece.

20220726_124417.jpg

20220726_124456.jpg

20220726_124452.jpg

20220726_124446.jpg

I have to finish up the inside of the cockpit before I can glue the deck down. Then there is an entire world of sanding to do to get all the lines fair before I can add the combing, rails, paint, varnish, and use. I hope to debut her at St. Micheals this fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: CLC Expedition Wherry Build.

Looking good! All you guys who actually work ​on your boats are giving me a guilty conscience

Just a small update. Got the Cockpit buoyancy tanks painted. Still need to cut the holes in the decks for the inspection ports and I can epoxy them down.

20220728_141909.jpg

20220728_141928.jpg

20220728_141932.jpg
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Lookin' good! Did you decide on a nesting version because of storage or transportation reasons? Maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    First off, I am ashamed to admit it has taken years to get to this point.
    Ha! It took me 7 years to build my boat. No shame required.

This looks like it'll be a neat boat--good to see the build moving along.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Jones View Post
    Lookin' good! Did you decide on a nesting version because of storage or transportation reasons? Maybe both?
    Both, I do not have a garage, but a more or less outside accessible basement. Moving an 18.5 foot long and 100+ pound boat in and out of it does not sound fun. Not to mention I do not have a trailer than can accommodate it. At least I can make a multipart cradle for my utility trailer to hold it for transporting.

-Dalai Lama

just a little bit everyday. I got the cockpit buoyancy tanks sealed and added two more bolts to secure the bow and stern to the cockpit. I did not want the front to fall off at an inopportune time.

aft cockpit tank.jpg
    Forward cockpit compartment.jpg

Now to sand any and all discrepancies in the epoxy and finish painting the cockpit.

-Dalai Lama

two weeks till the Small Craft Festival at Saint Michaels. sanding, sanding, sanding.. Trim, paint, and varnish to follow.

DSCN2297.jpg

DSCN2294.jpg

DSCN2293.jpg

-Dalai Lama

Looks like it's coming along, hope it's ready in time for the festival!

love this.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.