View Poll Results: Have you contracted Covid-19 yet?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 31.17%
  • No

53 68.83%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you contracted Covid-19 yet?

Default Re: Have you contracted Covid-19 yet?

Haven't had it that I know of...lots of people have no symptoms

Was going out on the boat with a friend tomorrow. He just texted me that he tested positive and feels awful
    What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal)
    We've posted a bunch of data and graphs and maps indicating the undisputed evidence that right wing population is much more likely to contract the virus, much more likely to be unvaccinated and sadly much more likely to die .

Suffice to say I don't have patience or the inclination to assist you in this search - maybe someone like Keith will make the effort again.
    It is my pleasure to oblige. It is a decades-long trend that was magnified by the Covid-19 pandemic. FREEDUMB!!

Published in Scientific American four days ago:

People in Republican Counties Have Higher Death Rates Than Those in Democratic Counties

A growing mortality gap between Republican and Democratic areas may largely stem from policy choices

By Lydia Denworth on July 18, 2022

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the link between politics and health became glaringly obvious. Democrat-leaning “blue” states were more likely to enact mask requirements and vaccine and social distancing mandates. Republican-leaning “red” states were much more resistant to health measures. The consequences of those differences emerged by the end of 2020, when rates of hospitalization and death from COVID rose in conservative counties and dropped in liberal ones. That divergence continued through 2021, when vaccines became widely available. And although the highly transmissible Omicron variant narrowed the gap in infection rates, hospitalization and death rates, which are dramatically reduced by vaccines, remain higher in Republican-leaning parts of the country.

But COVID is only the latest chapter in the story of politics and health. “COVID has really magnified what had already been brewing in American society, which was that, based on where you lived, your risk of death was much different,” says Haider J. Warraich, a physician and researcher at the VA Boston Healthcare System and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.

In a study published in June in The BMJ, Warraich and his colleagues showed that over the two decades prior to the pandemic, there was a growing gap in mortality rates for residents of Republican and Democratic counties across the U.S. In 2001, the study’s starting point, the risk of death among red and blue counties (as defined by the results of presidential elections) was similar. Overall, the U.S. mortality rate has decreased in the nearly two decades since then (albeit not as much as in most other high-income countries). But the improvement for those living in Republican counties by 2019 was half that of those in Democratic counties—11 percent lower versus 22 percent lower.

Read the rest here including charts and graphs: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...atic-counties/
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Thank you for the effort Tom
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    It is my pleasure to oblige. It is a decades-long trend that was magnified by the Covid-19 pandemic. FREEDUMB!!

Published in Scientific American four days ago:

that doesn't make joe's comment any less FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    that doesn't make joe's comment any less FOS.
    How ?

Joe (SoCal)Every single one of my right wing conservative friends, relatives or social media acquaintances have gotten Covid once or more than once. All of my Progressive Left friends have not yet contracted the virus. Thats why I call it the MAGA Variant.

We've posted a bunch of data and graphs and maps indicating the undisputed evidence that right wing population is much more likely to contract the virus, much more likely to be unvaccinated and sadly much more likely to die .
    My anecdotal evidence as well as my response to you seems to be in alignment with Tom's post - so I guess its YOU Alan who is FOS

^
    They create their own reality.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    How ?

My anecdotal evidence as well as my response to you seems to be in alignment with Tom's post - so I guess its YOU Alan who is FOS

nah. i'm calling you FOS joe. you're usually FOS so it's not much of a stretch i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc
    nah. i'm calling you FOS joe. you're usually FOS so it's not much of a stretch i guess.
    He is simply aiming an unmistakable personal insult at you, Joe.

Very rude. I am sure it violates the WB Forum rules. Just another WB Forum Red itching to go to banned camp.

Just got word that someone I spent time with recently has tested positive for Covid. I guess that means, no indoor visit with my 86-year-old cancer-survivor-with-half-a-lung-missing mom tonight. At least we'll be able to hang out on the lawn in the shade for a bit, I hope. I'll mask up if I'm anywhere near.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Just got word that someone I spent time with recently has tested positive for Covid. I guess that means, no indoor visit with my 86-year-old cancer-survivor-with-half-a-lung-missing mom tonight. At least we'll be able to hang out on the lawn in the shade for a bit, I hope. I'll mask up if I'm anywhere near.

Tom
    We live where we live because my Wife’s grandparents live right around the corner. We are here specifically to be able to render any assistance they need. Thankfully, I’ve only had to resuscitate him once, but we’ve had to help him up a few times. He’s still a substantial man, even though he’s WWII vintage. Oh, and he had hip replacement last Christmas, and open heart surgery the summer before.

Any time we have to have contact, I mask and glove up.

We joke all the time with them that they’re our fish tank, because we usually just talk through the large sliding glass doors on their back patio.

Had it at least once, maybe 2 or 3 times. I don’t bother with the testing any longer as it’s not accurate anyway, and I wouldn’t do anything different either way.
    First time sucked. 3 weeks. Low grade fever, hell of a cough. I’d feel better for a day and then relapse.
    Next time runny nose, mild cough. 3 days and over it.
    Daughter had it. 3 days, mild symptoms. All better she tested + for what it’s worth.
    Wife had it twice. First time no big deal, second she was moderately sick for about 4 days.

We are all vaxed. Wife and I got 1 booster.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

So far the wife and I have managed to avoid it. An increasing number of people we know are getting sick but it doesn't seem like much more than a common cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Had it at least once, maybe 2 or 3 times. I don’t bother with the testing any longer as it’s not accurate anyway, and I wouldn’t do anything different either way.
    First time sucked. 3 weeks. Low grade fever, hell of a cough. I’d feel better for a day and then relapse.
    Next time runny nose, mild cough. 3 days and over it.
    Daughter had it. 3 days, mild symptoms. All better she tested + for what it’s worth.
    Wife had it twice. First time no big deal, second she was moderately sick for about 4 days.

We are all vaxed. Wife and I got 1 booster.
    Expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post

He is simply aiming an unmistakable personal insult at you, Joe.

Very rude. I am sure it violates the WB Forum rules. Just another WB Forum Red itching to go to banned camp.
    not trying to insult anyone. just saying i think he's full of it. read this post again:

Every single one of my right wing conservative friends, relatives or social media acquaintances have gotten Covid once or more than once. All of my Progressive Left friends have not yet contracted the virus. Thats why I call it the MAGA Variant.

Although even though my wife and I
    have not yet contracted the virus, I'm beginning to feel like the last fat kid in a game of dodgeball, it's just a matter of time
    so you're telling me you buy this statement? of ALL the people he knows, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the conservatives he knows has had covid MULTIPLE TIMES and NOT ONE SINGLE LIBERAL he knows has had it once....

do you need to buy any bridges by chance?

not trying to insult anyone. just saying i think he's full of it. read this post again:

so you're telling me you buy this statement? of ALL the people he knows, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the conservatives he knows has had covid MULTIPLE TIMES and NOT ONE SINGLE LIBERAL he knows has had it once....

All those Right Wingers like Biden and Harris are catching Covid! If they’d only get quadruple vaxed and wear 2 masks! Oh wait…..

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    All those Right Wingers like Biden and Harris are catching Covid! If they’d only get quadruple vaxed and wear 2 masks! Oh wait…..

hahaha, i know! they should have gone for the septuple vax regimen

When comparing red and blue counties, you have to clear the statistics of age differences between the groups. After all statistics have been compensated my bet is that it comes down to a possible difference in the vaccination rate between Republicans and Democrats. Address the reason why some people refuse vaccine; party affiliation might be connected to that reason.
    /Erik

Sure. It's possible. Of course, it's not a large, 'scientific' study, is it? But let's look at the bigger picture. I can assure you that, from what I've seen, it's by far more likely that those I see who are positive, are 'conservative'. It's not even close.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by ERGR View Post
    When comparing red and blue counties, you have to clear the statistics of age differences between the groups. After all statistics have been compensated my bet is that it comes down to a possible difference in the vaccination rate between Republicans and Democrats. Address the reason why some people refuse vaccine; party affiliation might be connected to that reason.
    /Erik
    No need for a bet; it follows, for exactly those reasons.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Sure. It's possible. Of course, it's not a large, 'scientific' study, is it? But let's look at the bigger picture. I can assure you that, from what I've seen, it's by far more likely that those I see who are positive, are 'conservative'. It's not even close.

sure it's possible. but if you do some rough statistics and assume joe knows 100 liberals, there's about a 99.999999999999% chance he's lying about not knowing a single liberal that has had covid.

Two shots and a booster. Virus free so far, despite a friend giving me hug and saying, I'm just getting over covid.
    without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know who the idiots are.

I have no idea if I’ve had it.

Absolutely

In order

Glover, my 2 tour Marine, 1% outlaw biker and full on Trump supporting country music loving guy who just happens to be black, got it once.

Corinne, Michelle, & Karen my three Trumper right wing antivaxers All three have gotten it twice.

Elias a facebook friend from back in NY now living in DeathSantis Florida, got it once.

Tara my Q-Anon right wing conspiracy Anti vax, racist groomer that I fired got it twice.

Pepe my Cuban American MAGA buddy who lives in NJ got it Twice

Keith, my NYPD Blue Lives Matter trump supporter cousin got it once.

Daria, my Trump supporter cousin and her husband got it.

Katie, my antivax, Q anon believing groomer got it once, I fired her.

My daughters, Q-anon, trump supporting roommates got it

Rick, a former person I worked in real estate and a militant trump and conspiracy theorist, got it. He's also a Scientologist so ya know

Chris, a Trumper that was in my entrepreneurial group got it as well as his girl friend.

Chris Northup, My Trump supporting actor got it.

Kimberly, a friend of mine from back in NY who's a full on Trumper right wing all the way, got it.

Joanne McFarland, My cousin Trump supporter got it.

I have 300 friends just on Facebook and many Trump supporters have unfriended me during the election and after January 6th

Two of them I know have come down with Covid since.

JC & Dave. Dave was an exceptionally nasty militant Trumper. He actually went out of his way to write a 1 Star Yelp Review for our company ( even though he never used us ) Claiming we were Antifa and BLM rioters.

Out of all my friends and relatives EXCEPT for my daughter who got it from her Q-Anon Trump nut roommate NONE of my progressive liberal friends or me or my wife have been exposed or gotten it.

Troy and his Boyfriend my best Groomer haven’t gotten it.
    Many of those progressive WBF friends I have on Facebook haven’t gotten it.
    I could go on an on but I doubt you would believe me anyway.

So stick that in you FOS bag

Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 07-22-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Nope, but give it time. It's stayed out of my household, but my older son and my daughter and her family each got it. As did my mom, and Herself's parents. Each are very careful, continue to mask up in public indoor places, etc. Inevitable.

Gonna find us all, eventually.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

I will say that my son and son-in-law each got sick while working in hospitals, where it's common, and they see patients who're infected.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    We haven't been going out of our way to avoid it beyond following the mask rule du jour, and my better half works with all sorts in her role as an occupational health nurse, but so far neither of us have had it - that we know of.
    In fact, I've only one cough in the last two years - and that was 18 months ago. I had a PCR test back then, but haven't felt the need to stick anything up my nose since.
    Three of us in my work group of seven have avoided it so far, the other four have all been over the last few months. Good luck, good genes, good management, take your pick, but I think it is just a matter of time.

Pete
    Make that two out of seven have never had it. One of the guys had a cough Monday week ago, tested positive the next day. The guy who sits one desk across from him messaged last night that he has it.
    And we all share an office - happy day

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

I know of some oddities in the way the infection spreads.

My stepson's wife had it and he never got it, which is good because he has a lung condition.
    The family of a mate all got it except him.

All were vaccinated in both examples.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Absolutely

In order

Glover, my 2 tour Marine, 1% outlaw biker and full on Trump supporting country music loving guy who just happens to be black, got it once.

Corinne, Michelle, & Karen my three Trumper right wing antivaxers All three have gotten it twice.

Elias a facebook friend from back in NY now living in DeathSantis Florida, got it once.

Tara my Q-Anon right wing conspiracy Anti vax, racist groomer that I fired got it twice.

Pepe my Cuban American MAGA buddy who lives in NJ got it Twice

Keith, my NYPD Blue Lives Matter trump supporter cousin got it once.

Daria, my Trump supporter cousin and her husband got it.

Katie, my antivax, Q anon believing groomer got it once, I fired her.

My daughters, Q-anon, trump supporting roommates got it

Rick, a former person I worked in real estate and a militant trump and conspiracy theorist, got it. He's also a Scientologist so ya know

Chris, a Trumper that was in my entrepreneurial group got it as well as his girl friend.

Chris Northup, My Trump supporting actor got it.

Kimberly, a friend of mine from back in NY who's a full on Trumper right wing all the way, got it.

Joanne McFarland, My cousin Trump supporter got it.

I have 300 friends just on Facebook and many Trump supporters have unfriended me during the election and after January 6th

Two of them I know have come down with Covid since.

JC & Dave. Dave was an exceptionally nasty militant Trumper. He actually went out of his way to write a 1 Star Yelp Review for our company ( even though he never used us ) Claiming we were Antifa and BLM rioters.

Out of all my friends and relatives EXCEPT for my daughter who got it from her Q-Anon Trump nut roommate NONE of my progressive liberal friends or me or my wife have been exposed or gotten it.

Troy and his Boyfriend my best Groomer haven’t gotten it.
    Many of those progressive WBF friends I have on Facebook haven’t gotten it.
    I could go on an on but I doubt you would believe me anyway.

So stick that in you FOS bag

And NOBODY else in that airport was wearing a mask, isn’t that right Joe?

Correct NONE that I saw or witnessed in my anecdotal round trip to FLA
    Please see my photographic evidence here

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ort&highlight=
    Even if you think I’m FOS you can not deny there are a whole freaking lot of unmasked people in that thread and what’s the contagious spread of the newest variant ?

FYI Renee and I will be wearing ours for the 16 hr flight and connecting flights, layovers and time in airports.
    I’ll be sure to report back, with photos of course.

Also it was completely expected that YOU would get it, given your covid protocol- It was an absolute given and proves my point

Also FYI we just got our 3rd Covid booster for the latest and greatest variant before we travel to Italy

A7F90333-50A6-407C-8653-E24DF2B86623.jpg
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 07-22-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Not had it. Not sure how.
    fully vaxed and boosted.

I was casual about it for a while. I thought I should catch it and get it out of the way. But now that people are catching it multiple times I'm wearing masks in crowded places. I'm in no rush to be sick.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Correct NONE that I saw or witnessed in my anecdotal round trip to FLA
    Please see my photographic evidence here

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ort&highlight=
    Even if you think I’m FOS you can not deny there are a whole freaking lot of unmasked people in that thread and what’s the contagious spread of the newest variant ?

FYI Renee and I will be wearing ours for the 16 hr flight and connecting flights, layovers and time in airports.
    I’ll be sure to report back, with photos of course.

Also it was completely expected that YOU would get it, given your covid protocol- It was an absolute given and proves my point

Also FYI we just got our 3rd Covid booster for the latest and greatest variant before we travel to Italy

A7F90333-50A6-407C-8653-E24DF2B86623.jpg
    Joe I would never allege you are FOS. Wrong, mistaken, unobservant, maybe even biased. But I don’t believe you to be FOS.
    I see 110 passengers on my jet 3-5 times a day. I see literally thousands of people in airports every week. I’d say on average 15-20% are wearing some type of face covering. Hey if it makes them feel better I say good on ya. It’s their decision as it should be. I’m happy they are contributing toward by paycheck, profit sharing and retirement.

I'm not precisely sure, but I believe so.

By the time I'd admitted that whatever had me wasn't your typical head-cold or sinus problem... we were down to one home test strip. Never having used them before, and being more than a bit out of it... I bungled the test. It came back negative, but I'd done the wrong sequence, so still not sure. Then the next batch of tests were delayed getting here. By the time they arrived, I was feeling a good bit better, so didn't bother to test.

Sooooo... yes?

Despite being vac'd & boosted.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I’ve got the J&J plus 2 Pfizer boosters. I got really sick January of 2020 for 4 days but there was no testing then. It was right after a night of bar hoping in NYC. This would have been when the virus was quietly circulating there.

I’ve tested several times for several reasons since and never tested positive. Everyone around me has had it.

I wear an N95 mask it the highest risk areas—when riding in the back or in a store or in an elevator. I’m trying to reduce the highest risk points of potential contacts in my life while attempting to get back to normal.

I know too many folks who have worn a mask nearly 24/7 and have still gotten it. I’m under no illusion that I’m invincible.
    Last edited by CK 17; 07-23-2022 at 12:11 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Boosted. Triple vaxed. I also have had Covid 3 times (PCR tested twice). My world does not allow for virus to lock me up nor do I send folks to get sick instead of me. I wear masks and have gone to great lengths to score KN95 masks for work. In groups of 5 in Inclosed spaces - there is always 1 person likely carrying the virus.

the fact is many of you have had Covid and did not know. Hypocracy runs very deep. The flu sucks but to give up on the larger life in worry and concern is on you.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

Twice. And I have had the shots. The first time was March of 2020. The second was Memorial Day this year. Got it from my grandson.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'