Thread: A four year old sermon is making the rounds again.

Default A four year old sermon is making the rounds again.

Pastor Dave Barnhart, St Junia Methodist, Birmingham AL. 2018

“The unborn" are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It's almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Default Re: A four year old sermon is making the rounds again.

Yeah.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

That is sharp.

That is exactly on the mark!
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Sounds like one is clearing their conscience for murder., theres always some part of religion a liberal can find to justify.

Hey Taco Troll, what do you think of Ohio and some other states advocating a raped child to carry to term? And while you’re avoiding a response there’s always The Two Questions.

I wonder if people like bbbys will be ever be sorry for supporting Trump?

Will there come a time when they admit to themselves that they were scammed by a pro?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Sounds like one is clearing their conscience for murder., theres always some part of religion a liberal can find to justify.
    That makes no sense.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Hey Taco Troll, what do you think of Ohio and some other states advocating a raped child to carry to term? And while you’re avoiding a response there’s always The Two Questions.
    Great sermon.
    The response from the Taco Troll that I saw in a quote is why I have that individual on ignore. Any reasonable person with a functional moral compass would say that forcing a raped ten year old girl to carry her rapists child full term is abhorrent on many levels.

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post
    I wonder if people like bbbys will be ever be sorry for supporting Trump?

Will there come a time when they admit to themselves that they were scammed by a pro?
    I doubt it. For those expecting End Times or really want to “stick it to..” TFG was a winner. Sure TFG undermined democracy and institutions necessary for national security but then that’s the price. Like least restrictions on gun ownership, it’s the price they’re willing others to pay for their “freedoms”.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Great sermon.
    The response from the Taco Troll that I saw in a quote is why I have that individual on ignore. Any reasonable person with a functional moral compass would say that forcing a raped ten year old girl to carry her rapists child full term is abhorrent on many levels.

Pete
    Which is why his attempt to score points with his “quote of the day” post was so characteristically idiotic. There’s no way he can address the content in his post without validating everyone’s sense of disgust about Ohio’s abortion ban. He keeps walking backwards off a cliff after his opening troll. “So there!, Ahhhhhhhhhhh, splat”

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    1. Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?

2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Huh

You sure that minister isn't a Jesuit?
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Methodists tend to be free-thinkers. Especially Methodist Ministers. My stepfather was a prime example.
    He was one of the most supremely stupid men I have ever met. He taught me a great deal.

So-called pro-lifers are not that, they are anti-sex. Ask them to prevent or eliminate abortion by supporting mandatory sex education and free birth control, and they will demure.

Hypocrites of the first order.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.