Thread: Once again, Republicans were right about election tampering.

Default Once again, Republicans were right about election tampering.

But also, once again, it was Republicans who did it.

Associated Press

DENVER (AP) — The former elections manager for a Colorado clerk indicted on charges of tampering with voting equipment has been arrested on allegations that she was part of the scheme, an official said Wednesday.
    Sandra Brown, who worked for Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters, turned herself in Monday in response to a warrant issued for her arrest on suspicion of conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation and attempting to influence a public servant, said Lt. Henry Stoffel of the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office. The arrest was first reported by The Daily Sentinel newspaper.
    Peters and her chief deputy, Belinda Knisley, are being prosecuted for allegedly allowing a copy of a hard drive to be made during an update of election equipment in May 2021. State election officials first became aware of a security breach last summer when a photo and video of confidential voting system passwords were posted on social media and a conservative website.

Peters, who has echoed former President Donald Trump’s false theories about the 2020 election and become a hero to election conspiracy theorists, lost her bid to become the GOP candidate for Colorado secretary of state last month. She first came to national attention when she spoke last year at a conference hosted by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of the most prominent election deniers in the country.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Default Re: Once again, Republicans were right about election tampering.

Is there any part of US politics that is not corrupt?

Apart from the Dems, of course.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post

Sure. Most of it still. In my home state, for instance, we've had VoteByMail for several decades. No hint or breath of corruption. One MAGA-controlled county did manage to foul up the ballot bar-codes for a recent election - but that was incompetence in dealing with a printer's effup... not corruption.

But the MAGAs are spreading, and the incompetence and corruption go with them. The good news is: increasing, the regular folks are making the connection. Some pushback is materializing.
    Last edited by David G; 07-14-2022 at 11:13 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

you're not allowed to question election results fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    you're not allowed to question election results fellas.
    So Alan, maybe TFG was talking about GOP fraud all along?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post

Just about all of our institutions are virtually corruption-free--the ones that never make headlines because there is no scandal associated with them. Corruption in day-to-day life here in the U.S., outside party politics and militarized racist policing, is extremely rare. I've lived in countries where the system runs on a consistent level of petty corruption at every level, so I know enough to recognize--and be grateful for--the difference.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    So Alan, maybe TFG was talking about GOP fraud all along?

maybe.

hey, if there's election fraud CHECK IT OUT! i don't care who it favors, make it go away

maybe.

hey, if there's election fraud CHECK IT OUT! i don't care who it favors, make it go away
    “maybe”? oh boy

In the 2020 election I recall a Nevada voter who alleged election fraud in that his deceased wife's absentee ballot had been filed and counted. Seems he knew what he was talking about since it was found that he was the one who used his wife's ballot in addition to his own of course. GOP of course.

Link - https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...d-wifes-ballot

There is a joke, although not funny, that says "Republicans claim government does not work, and then they are elected and prove it!"

Turns out the same is true about election fraud.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

A problem with corruption we are now facing is that the fascists, in the form of trmp-aligned deniers of the valid twenty-twenty election, and proud boys and oathkeepers, are running for state election offices. The positions responsible for counting ballots and validating and reporting elections, and in positions to do gerrymandering.

thanks alan, don't mind if we do.

looks like they got a couple of fraudsters right there.

Wrong order. Check it out every time to determine if there is fraud, like we do.
    To decide there is fraud before checking it out is "a lot of theories and no evidence"!
    Sounds familiar, I think I heard something like that before.