Thread: The Game To Impeach Justices Kavanaugh And Gorsuch Is Afoot

Default The Game To Impeach Justices Kavanaugh And Gorsuch Is Afoot

I'd agree... it's doomed. And we should do it in the interests of accountability --

https://abovethelaw.com/2022/07/the-...such-is-afoot/
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Default Re: The Game To Impeach Justices Kavanaugh And Gorsuch Is Afoot

Needs a full-court press.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

All they need to do is say they changed their minds. They are untouchable.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

They've already said they changed their minds. Unfortunately I don't believe there's a law against that. If it could be proved the they intended to mislead Congress, then it's a different game, but that's going to be extremely difficult...though maybe not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    They've already said they changed their minds. Unfortunately I don't believe there's a law against that. If it could be proved the they intended to mislead Congress, then it's a different game, but that's going to be extremely difficult...though maybe not impossible.
    An impeachable offense is what congress decides it is. Guilt... the same. So, as I said, doomed. But that wouldn't be the point of the exercise.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

how do you prove that somebody lied...about their own opinion.

has it ever been done.

let's put our moral outrage and fortitude behind the jan 6 committee.

the abortion ruling is distressing but we can't get it back by trying and failing to impeach supreme court justices. dse.

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

How many campaign promises has Biden not kept?
    Yea , I call it lying, others do not.

Hey, McConnell cheated fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post

The issue would be their perjured testimony during their confirmation hearings.

"I believe in stare decisis . . . It's settled law . . ."

Nothing to do do with changing one's mind viz-a-viz Roe.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Lying under oath an impeachable offensde? You expect politicians to go anywhere near that?

I nearly spit my coffee.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Ifhistory has anything to say, only 1 justice has ever been impeached and that was in the late 1700's.

You'll have to find another way……..

We could have them kidnapped and implant an in vitro conceived embryo in their bladders, and then let them deal with an ectopic pregnancy. Getting them to take the prenatal vitamins and get the sonogram might be tough, though.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Suck it up.

A woman's right to decide what happens to her own body was protected by the thinnest thread. Shame on the US for being so bloody casual about it.
    Meanwhile anyone can carry a gun almost anywhere.

Impeach - BS. Throw the effin bill of rights in the bin and start again. This time allow for the fact that Things Change!
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

I happened to watch the HBO movie "Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight" last night. It was really good. Probably the best Historical movie made in a decade or so about people in federal government in DC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VooUCcwbhrY Not only because so many other films funded by the people who rule us through our own government that somehow has become their sock puppet have been unwatchably bad. But, because Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight had a lot of detail that was entertaining to watch and showed the vastness of the social change that was taking place then [despite the disturbing realization that a lot of it, including the dangerous protests could have been just last year]. It was like a DC version of Paper Chase. With just as good of acting or with more actors including Danny Glover playing a very weary Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshal being the equal of John Houseman in Paper Chase or Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln.

The whole theme of the book and movie is about loyal to Nixon Republican Justices being far bigger than their Republican roots, their president or their party in Congress and its capture by the military industrial complex and instead (to their own great surprise) siding with Ali. Looking back on it, the court was far ahead of Congress in the effort to shut down the imperial Presidency, acting even while the Executive Branch abuses were still being developed under Nixon and in ways Biden's handlers still haven't grasped.

The movie shows the kinds of exchanges that still go on among the justices and have seemed to all but have disappeared from the cloak rooms of Congress (and the Bilge). Who among us knows or could even imagine that the late RBG and Scalia were best buddies, or that they repeatedly worked together to save what was left of our civil liberties in things like speech and money?

Bilgemates, think long and hard before you advocate changing anything about your court.

As far as Justices Kavanaugh And Gorsuch go, this is the one court term you all disagree with. Both have a long established support of federal government power over individual rights that will only warm a progressive's heart. Trust me on that!
    Last edited by Landrith; 07-13-2022 at 08:48 AM.

I think the effort is doomed.

That said, I think they would have had a stronger case with Amy Coney-Barrett based on her previous statements and actions. They gave a very clear look into her personal beliefs and motivations WRT Rowe v. Wade.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

It's a stupid waste of time.

Prosecuting Drumph, however, is entirely worrthwhile, including the impeachments.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.