Thread: Dragonless!

Default Dragonless!

About this time last year I put up a post here about the sale of my wooden Dragon. Today I sent off my glassfibre boat to a new life in Buffalo, New York, very near to where she was built 40+ years ago. I truly hated to let her go, and feel a bit adrift right now, to be honest with you. This is the first time I have been without a Dragon to sail in a long time (I can't really remember how long, to be honest).

I feel some guilt to the boat, as when you take on a boat you have to give it a piece of your soul, right? I feel like I let her down. I feel some guilt for the class. I had such high hopes of campaigning her and making a real difference in a fleet that counts every single boat as a big deal. Right this minute I feel guilt towards her new owner, and the shipping company he employed reported that the trailer had a blowout on the highway and the tire place is telling him he needs to replace them all. They were holding air just fine, had plenty of tread, and very little checking. I kept them clean and Armour-all'd, or whatever that stuff is. Oh well. Anyway, I feel pretty badly about all of it.

This leaves me with my Star #5902, which is in the best shape it's been in for quite some time, my HA18, and my Handy Cat (my grandson's boat).

Damn, I feel old right now.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Default Re: Dragonless!

Buck up, Mickey, and go sailing!

Are you telling us that Mickey Lake is down to a cumulative sub 50ft of sailing yachts?
    I canna believe it...

I'll be alright, John. Life goes on.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'