Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Los Vesparados MC Colors.

Default Re: Los Vesparados MC Colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Seems like Joe came to his senses & didn't even have to go out riding fences!
    Not really I still ordered the patches

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.06.58 PM.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

First ride with our newest member of Los Vesparados

036B2E9A-9589-4F83-99E0-669FD82F4323.jpg

BD062E3B-9C81-42B0-A7FE-8BFF65B2ACCC.jpg

Working on it.

IMG_3798.jpg

I'm thinking of putting a big angry wasp in the center
    Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 4.54.44 PM.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

The big problem is the bottom rocker - I'm hesitant to put the CALIFORNIA rocker but was wondering if I could do a much more genteel Orange County or even less specific - SoCal

What say you all ?
    Remember the goal is a lark I really don't feel like a gang war over a silly Vespa Vest Joke.

Don't do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Don't do it...
    Talking with my 1% buddy he mentioned the possibly of having UNAFFILIATED as a get out of jail bottom rocker

Without friends none of this is possible.

I thought that pink leather might be more appropriate for Vesparadoes.
    Bald, ugly, not too bright but incredibly sexy in an unattractive sort of way....

i vote you go the other way. silk suits. helmets? fuggedaboudit! extra brill cream.

now youse can’t leave

[QUOTE=L.W. Baxter;6700243]i vote you go the other way. silk suits. helmets? fuggedaboudit! extra brill cream.

now youse can’t leave]

I think it was "Brylcreem" and a tub of that would go nicely in the Glomesh handbag hanging from the handlebar..
    Bald, ugly, not too bright but incredibly sexy in an unattractive sort of way....

I lived "A Bronx Tale" in real life

I bet back in the day, a patched and rockered vespa gang could've ridden through Kansas City without permission. I don't even think they would have stomped you and taken your cuts back then. You could have even paraded down state avenue. It's that scooter cuteness. They let the Shriners Harley group on through also. I am chicken and just switch to a Hawaiian shirt in the old neighborhood....

Vespas are cute.

The Vespa 150 TAP (TAP for "airborne troops") or "Bazooka Vespa" is a Vespa scooter modified to carry a 75mm M20 backless cannon. It was used in the late 1950s by French air troops during the Algerian War.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Working on it

IMG_3807.jpg

So according to my buddy and a few "other" MC clubs I talked to over beers at Cooks Corner the local Biker bar down the road from me. As long as I don't put a place, state, county, or anything that would constitute claiming a territory on the bottom rocker. Don't put the "Cube" which was in my original design it's the Square S.C patch, don't put 1% Diamond patch ( I was thinking of putting 2% as in 2% milk LOL ) Don't put 13 or 69 anywhere and you should be cool.

If I decide to put a bottom rocker that says UNAFFILIATED or SCOOTER CLUB no name or location
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 07-28-2022 at 02:20 PM.

less is more

joe is going to end up in a turf war to see who will be distributing the yoo-hoo around SC

I am baffled why anybody would give a damn about what the 1%rs think about Vespa colors. Jeesh.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Every Republican is an obstacle to progress.

bottom rocker location suggestion: "your mind"

Possible gain: A laugh, whahahaha
    Risk: Upsetting some criminal or wanna be criminal from an affiliate MC. Loosing a few teeth or whatever for a joke.

You are married, owning and running a business. You would (hopefully) not go around spraying your gang colors in your current hood. So why wear colors that might upset some criminals or wanna be criminals from other gangs? Some Gangsters? Finish the vest and then keep it in your flat....

Bottom rocker: "My Driveway"
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Cool Re: Los Vesparados MC Colors.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 07-31-2022 at 05:40 PM.

full credit, joe. you have a good follow-through.

looks like fun.

Hello Joe,
    I don’t believe that we much care for each other, and we have certainly had our share of pointed exchanges on this forum. Even so, I tender the following comments in a spirit of respect, and of concern for you and yours.

It looks like you are having a lot of fun with your scooter club, and good on you and yours for that! The spirit in which you have undertaken this venture is commendable. And it looks like you are at least attempting to organize your club in a responsible, safe and respectful way.

You probably aren’t going to have any trouble from the 1% Clubs. Honestly you guys are too insignificant, too silly, too cute, and too frivolous to get their attention. For them to take offense at you folks would be akin to Mike Tyson taking offense at an elementary school bully. It’s below their dignity. And that’s a good thing. It will buy you a degree of anonymity.

Don’t call yourself a MC (Motorcycle Club), don’t claim any territory, don’t wear patches that you don’t understand or deserve, show respect, follow some basic motorcycle culture and protocol, and you folks will probably never have a problem from the 1% Bikers.

But that doesn’t mean that you won’t have a problem with all bikers. There are plenty of “wanna be’s”, hangarounds, prospects, and just plain people of insufficient character, who want to get the attention of the 1% clubs. They may attempt to use confrontation with your club as a means to bring favor, prestige and status to themselves. To use you as a stepping stone to bring them closer to those 1% clubs. Their insecurity makes them dangerous, and unpredictable. And your insignificance makes you vulnerable.

In the friendliest manner, and with much respect, I offer the following suggestions:

Be circumspect in your attire and club attitude. Viewed from a certain perspective, you could be perceived as mocking Biker culture. That perception could prove to be much more dangerous than being perceived as an illegitimate interloper on the Biker scene, and possibly offensive to all Bikers, not just the 1% Clubs.

Be cautious about the term “Scooter Club”, many Bikers refer to their rides as “scooters”, and “Scooter Club” may be seen as an infringement on the term “Motorcycle Club”. The term "Riders Club" is generally accepted.

Be very, very careful around patches. A 99% patch can be viewed as being just as disrespectful as an unearned 1% patch. Having any bottom rocker on a three piece patch means that you are claiming that territory, and are willing to defend it. Don’t wear any patch that you don’t fully understand the significance and meaning of. No matter how cute it is.

Go meet with the President of the Dominant 1% club in your area. Not just any club, or any member. Be respectful and polite. But not subservient. Tell them what you are all about. Ask them if you need a “blessing”. Listen to what they say. Even if they snicker and turn you away, you will have earned respect in the MC World by following protocol and showing respect. That’s big, bigger than you may realize. And by following that protocol, you may earn a degree of insulation from harassment from less dominant clubs and individuals.

Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if your reaction is somewhere along the lines of “This is bullscrat, I don’t need to do any of this stuff to wear my vest and ride my scooter! I’ll do what I want and deal with the consequences!” And that is a fair and reasonable reaction. Perfectly valid and understandable.

Consider this please- You are skirting around the edges of a culture that you don’t fully understand, and can’t understand without spending some time immersed in that culture. You may be perfectly ok with the risk involved in walking that edge. But as the leader of this club are you ok with the risk that you may be putting upon your club members- both present and future? You could be setting them up for an unpleasant confrontation without them ever understanding that they are running that risk.

Joe, I wish you pleasure and success in your endeavor, and especially safety on your journey.

Two fingers down

Oysterhouse
    Even a fish wouldn’t get in trouble if it kept it's mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    full credit, joe. you have a good follow-through.

looks like fun.
    This...

that's a thoughtful post, oysterhouse.

on the one hand, it sucks to limit yourself based on possible illegal intimidation or worse.

on the other hand, it is fair to ask, why are vests with patches fun? are you purely self-effacing, goofing on yourself? is there an aspect of mockery of others? regardless of your own attitudes, how will it be perceived? joe in particular, umm, what is he gonna project in a leather vest with a club name on it, regardless of his cute and harmless ride?

hmmm.

oysterhouse, thank you for your thoughtful and reasoned post. In the beginning of this silly folly I was all in with the full on outlaw biker look complete with "S.C" ( not MC ) "Cube" ( a patch in the shape of a square ) and a "California" Bottom rocker. I even played with he idea of a 2% Milk Carton patch ( I still think thats hysterical )

Although as I got into it and started to do my research I did a deep dive into the Motorcycle Club Culture and the symbolism of the "Cut" and what it represents and the respect that it hold for the "Brother" who puts one on, and the levels to which is can bring on for lack of a better word violence to the wearer or to a rival.

So with all that in mind I did two things to stay on the right side or the line, while still having fun and always keeping respectful. One is I went over the overall design with one of my best friends who just happens to be a %1 Member of the
    Inland Empire Gentlemen Motorcycle Club. He told me to loose the "Cube" the territory bottom rocker and even the thought of any numbers or %'s anywhere. Next I went down to Cooks Corner an extreme biker bar near me. I did not wear my Los Vesparados Cut , but I bought a few rounds of beers beers for the locals and when all got chatty I asked them about it and showing them some photos on my phone. They all said the same thing as long as I'm respectful and don't put the same no no patches or Location it will be received correctly and they added it looks like fun and that I did a good job.

Lastly, and this is a BIG Lastly, we aren't a REAL club, we won't have a club house, we are three friends with Vespas that are gonna mostly ride down to the beach or have lunch up at Silverado Cafe. We are NOT going to be hanging out at Cooks Corner drinking shots and getting into fights. To be perfectly honest we probably wont be wearing our "Cut" often even when we go riding. My buddy called me late afternoon yesterday to go for a ride to get some tacos and neither one of wore our "Cut" and the Tacos were delicious.

Seriously thank you all for your concern but it really was mostly for those photos and maybe some fun on a scooter rides as a goof, I'm not going to LIVE in my "Cut" .
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 08-01-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Default Los Vesparados MC Colors.

I don't understand the desire to wear colors, but to each his own.

This leaked PowerPoint deck from the LA County Sheriff might lend some credence to all the warnings that have been given here.

https://lp.post.ca.gov/post/resource...s-LES-FOUO.pdf

BF70B1B5-C97C-40C1-AF2F-FD6A7E5E9FB5.jpg

These are the clubs I hang around with. Nary a 3-piece patch in sight [or black leather, for that matter.

Cretins MC - Seattle (home chapter), Portland, Los Angeles). One of the things they do is the annual Mods vs Rockers run. Scooters and motorcycles. Great fun. Party at the clubhouse after. With live bands.

https://cretins.org/

https://themotoworld.wordpress.com/t...torcycle-club/

https://www.facebook.com/CretinsMC/

The Pleasure Barons MC ("a drinking club with a motorcycle problem"). They do quite a bit of work fundraising for charity.

https://pleasurebarons.com/index.html

Last edited by Nicholas Carey; 08-01-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    First ride with our newest member of Los Vesparados

036B2E9A-9589-4F83-99E0-669FD82F4323.jpg
    I know nothing about jackets, colors, or gang sh!t, but I just noticed that it looks like Vespa has made the front steering column and fairing much more angular than on my old 1960's Vespa??? This sort of mod seems to change the character of the original little scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright View Post
    I know nothing about jackets, colors, or gang sh!t, but I just noticed that it looks like Vespa has made the front steering column and fairing much more angular than on my old 1960's Vespa??? This sort of mod seems to change the character of the original little scooter.

They've put a glovebox in that front fairing. With a USB port for charging your phone.

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

I had a run in with the Royal Windermere Yacht Club a few years ago. Decked out in scratty shorts and a tee shirt, with nothing on my feet, I accidently moored at one of "their" landing stages for a can of coke in Bowness ("Rio", duh). A be-blazered bloke, with well-pressed trousers, sensible shoes, and also wearing the official RWYC tie for good measure, approached and asked me, "Are you...a member?"

That particular pause, albeit rarer these days, is typical of the English "class" system, dialled up to eleven.

So I obviously went to "twelve": and I, naturally, having looked him up and down, answered, "f*** me, no way."

And, that very week, the North Windermere Sailing Gang burgee was designed and ordered.

102730217_10157753718297886_1087792045761040702_n~2.jpg

...But we have no need for ties.

Andy, NWSG affiliate, Scottish division.
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    I had a run in with the Royal Windermere Yacht Club a few years ago. Decked out in scratty shorts and a tee shirt, with nothing on my feet, I accidently moored at one of "their" landing stages for a can of coke in Bowness ("Rio", duh). A be-blazered bloke, with well-pressed trousers, sensible shoes, and also wearing the official RWYC tie for good measure, approached and asked me, "Are you...a member?"

That particular pause, albeit rarer these days, is typical of the English "class" system, dialled up to eleven.

So I obviously went to "twelve": and I, naturally, having looked him up and down, answered, "f*** me, no way."

And, that very week, the North Windermere Sailing Gang burgee was designed and ordered.

102730217_10157753718297886_1087792045761040702_n~2.jpg

...But we have no need for ties.

Andy, NWSG affiliate, Scottish division.
    Had a similar experience. Sailing with my 75-year old mom. She needed to hit the head and because she was a woman of a certain age, just couldn't use the onboard head. Since we were just off Bainbridge Island, we made our way into Eagle Harbor to the Winslow town dock. Which, it being a gorgeous holiday weekend, was completely full up. But the Seattle Yacht Club's "remote dock", just across the way, was completely empty. Tied up there, and before my mom could even get off the boat, some SYC guy (in navy blazer!) pops up — "you can't tie up here! This is Seattle Yacht Club property!" (Apparently, if you sail a wooden gaffer, it's a dead giveaway that you are not the SYC type). We had words. My mom hit the public toilets at the end of the dock and we were on our way.

I really should join our local Sloop Tavern Yacht Club (https://www.styc.org/), and yes, it's a yacht club run out of a tavern just down the hill from me. They sponsor a lot of local races, and are a recognized "proper yacht club" with reciprocal mooring arrangements — though not with Seattle Yacht Club — including the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    I don't understand the desire to wear colors, but to each his own.
    Not exactly the motto of tribalism. More like, "In or out, colors and ever so much more."
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Not exactly the motto of tribalism. More like, "In or out, colors and ever so much more."

It's funny how much conformity is required to be a non-conformist