Thread: Mass murderers in OHIO

Default Mass murderers in OHIO

……..in uniform………

"(CNN)Jayland Walker suffered at least 60 gunshot wounds when Akron, Ohio, police officers fatally shot him during a pursuit last week, Akron Police Chief Stephen Mylett said Sunday, citing a medical examiner's report.
    City officials also played police body camera footage of the shooting for the first time Sunday, nearly a week after the fatal shooting. The video raises more questions about the shooting of the unarmed Black man that is being investigated by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BC
    "

fof a traffic violation………. and of course he ran, he thought he'd be shot. And he was. And of course they found a gun in his car………….of course………

But then there's Kentucky
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...te-of-Kentucky

The civillian war continues………….
    Last edited by skuthorp; 07-03-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Default Re: Mass murderers in OHIO

Running, so back to the cops? No gun on his person? Where is the threat?
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    The threat is to the dominance of the capitalist slave state. People need to be kept afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith
    There was a gun and a loaded magazine inside of his car and there is video evidence that he fired a shot from inside the car. He did not have the gun on his person when he was shot while running. Eight police officers fired at Walker. He suffered some 60 gunshot wounds. It has not yet been confirmed how many shots were actually fired. A lot more than 60, that is for sure.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

What they don't state in the video but which is apparent, is that when the tasers didn't get him, they opened fire, and then, standing over or very near him after he was down from the first shots, they emptied their magazines into him, and one is even seen, according to the head cop giving the interview, actually reloading and continuing to fire. The sound of all those pistol shots in rapid succssion goes on for several seconds, way past when anyone with normal reactions would've stopped firing knowing the shooting had been effective.

The unsaid part, which should have come out just before they announced the cops were on 'paid leave pending an investigation,' are two things. One. At no point was there any danger to anyone else, not even the cops themselves. Letting him go was no danger to the community, no more than if he had happened to escape in his car by, say, getting onto the drawbridge (had there been one) just before it raised to keep the cops from following. The shooting was completely unwarranted. No shots should have been fired. They already knew his identity and he could've been picked up later peacefully. Completing an arrest by shooting a fleeing perp is not, absolutely not, policy, nor acceptable. Just like conducting a high speed chase endangering civilians on and off the public thoroughfare, in order to apprehend a person guilty only of a traffic violatin like speeding is unwarranted. Cops aren't judges nor juries and shooting a fleeing traffic violator is a broach of due process and a deprivation of the person's Constitutional rights. A federal offense. Secondly, the reason the cops were up and over the top with their sidearms—is the cop's personal and undue rage over being evaded and otherwise successfully. They shot him because he didn't just stop and roll over. They knew, if they couldn't articulate it, that they were going to punish him for running just as soon as they witnessed his attempt at high speed evasion, well before he stopped the car and tried to flee on foot. They shot him because they were angry at having their God-given authority thwarted. No part of that murderous fiasco was warranted.

They should damn well not be on paid administrative leave—they should be behind bars, bail denied, and waiting prosecution, ironically given due process. What part of being caught on video, their own body cams for chrissakes, makes them innocent until proven guilty? The damning video is proof. Show it to a judge and jury and sentence them all right now. And make viewing the sentencing a mandatory policed training.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 07-04-2022 at 06:46 AM.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I can see a lottery based on picking the next gun incident. Pick a state and a city. Maybe this will be a way to raise money for the victims or their families.

I just posted how I'd like us to be independent of religion. I'd also like us to be independent of guns.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

I already proposed that John, but the post mysteriously disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    And you don't think it can happen here. A perfect example of tyranny. They expect absolute subjugation, you must obey. If Jayland Walker isn't free, none of us is free. But hey, keep living your delusion, a fat old white guy is the last on their list. No worries here
    Nonsensical per se; nonsensical plus racist.

Once upon a time on Whidbey Island there were some white supremacists who robbed banks to buy weapons. They used the weapons. The police slaughtered them although they were white.

In December 1984, authorities were able to track Mathews down to a house on Whidbey Island where he refused to surrender. During a shootout, the house was ignited by incendiary flares and became engulfed in flames, and Mathews was killed. Mathews is considered a martyr by some white nationalists.

-- wikipedia, The Order
    Or, Randy Weaver. Or, David Koresh. White -- and dead, killed, by the organized, lawful violence of the state.

Pull a gun, fire a round -- or not -- and down you go, no discrimination as to race, creed, or color. You shall obey, figgin A. We are here and announce ourselves in the name of the people, to make a lawful arrest, to conduct a court-ordered search -- hands up, Christian Dominionist POS, or we'll light your shelter on fire and ram it with tanks, to force you out; and you'll come out, and then we'll shoot you. Short of that, the terms on offer are . . . unconditional surrender now, or else. Submit or die.

Because every jerkin' jagoff feels himself entitltled by . . . something. He just can't express himself fully without pulling a piece on the police. Whatever. Go ahead and express.

Killing is necessary. If you think it's any different under the rule of "the left", you're stupid. Under "the left", there will be level upon level of forced submission such as you can't imagine because you are historically illiterate and/or ideologically blinded.

You think the problem is the takeover of the liberal state, even partial, by fascists. You are correct. You think the remedy is the destruction of the liberal state, beginning with the neutering of its police. You couldn't be more wrong. You're burning down your own house. You think you'll build another, presto; or better yet, it will build itself. Yet you have no idea what it took to build this one. You couldn't build another if you tried; you have no idea of where to begin. And, failing to build a new one, you have no idea of what would necessarily replace the one you brought down.

In the perfect liberal state, the police will kill people every day. Because some people refuse to get the point. At that level, I don't care about unprivilegedness. Pull a piece on the police and your moral argument evaporates like water on hot concrete. Down you go. Only a moment's impulse, how fateful? Effin A. You ain't no agent of social change. You were stupid, and now you're dead.

If the facts are different, the case is different; goes without saying.
    Last edited by Osborne Russell; 07-04-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Well, he was very clearly being black at them!

What are you doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
    Well, he was very clearly being black at them!
    I want there to be more to this story, like a convicted killer escaped from custody, but I don't think there is. There has to be a better way.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    What they don't state in the video but which is apparent, is that when the tasers didn't get him, they opened fire, and then, standing over or very near him after he was down from the first shots, they emptied their magazines into him, and one is even seen, according to the head cop giving the interview, actually reloading and continuing to fire. The sound of all those pistol shots in rapid succssion goes on for several seconds, way past when anyone with normal reactions would've stopped firing knowing the shooting had been effective.

The unsaid part, which should have come out just before they announced the cops were on 'paid leave pending an investigation,' are two things. One. At no point was there any danger to anyone else, not even the cops themselves. Letting him go was no danger to the community, no more than if he had happened to escape in his car by, say, getting onto the drawbridge (had there been one) just before it raised to keep the cops from following. The shooting was completely unwarranted. No shots should have been fired. They already knew his identity and he could've been picked up later peacefully. Completing an arrest by shooting a fleeing perp is not, absolutely not, policy, nor acceptable. Just like conducting a high speed chase endangering civilians on and off the public thoroughfare, in order to apprehend a person guilty only of a traffic violatin like speeding is unwarranted. Cops aren't judges nor juries and shooting a fleeing traffic violator is a broach of due process and a deprivation of the person's Constitutional rights. A federal offense. Secondly, the reason the cops were up and over the top with their sidearms—is the cop's personal and undue rage over being evaded and otherwise successfully. They shot him because he didn't just stop and roll over. They knew, if they couldn't articulate it, that they were going to punish him for running just as soon as they witnessed his attempt at high speed evasion, well before he stopped the car and tried to flee on foot. They shot him because they were angry at having their God-given authority thwarted. No part of that murderous fiasco was warranted.

They should damn well not be on paid administrative leave—they should be behind bars, bail denied, and waiting prosecution, ironically given due process. What part of being caught on video, their own body cams for chrissakes, makes them innocent until proven guilty? The damning video is proof. Show it to a judge and jury and sentence them all right now. And make viewing the sentencing a mandatory policed training.
    Agreed. If this isn't murder - nothing is.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

The civilian war continues………………...
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...oting-Illinois

Once a week.

Whatever you are doing is not working. Or it is depending on what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith
    I want there to be more to this story....
    Jayland Walker was a DoorDash driver who visited his mother every Sunday. The Sunday before the killing a New Franklin (an Akron suburb) police officer spotted Walker's car with no license plate lights and a broken right rear brake light that showed white rather than red. When the police officer turned on his lights Walker accelerated and fled. The police officer ended his chase at the city limit since he already had the car's license number. The Akron police officers involved in the shooting the following Saturday claim they stopped Walker due to unspecified traffic violations.

The penalty for these violations is not death.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 07-04-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Lol, I find it horrifyingly hilarious that you site instances of cops killing white men that are 25 years in the past or more.
    What, that was the last white guy they shot? Who was that guy with the Cliven Bundy gang at the Wildlife Refuge takeover?

My problem is, the massive responsibility that police have is not balanced by the accountability.
    For sure.

At some point, the principle of community policing was abandoned in favor of the occupation model. Occupation of hostile territory.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

The militarisation of the police has been in progress for some time. Recruit veterans and equip them with war fighting equipment that they carried in the military, even armoured cars and light tanks………… what do you expect?

Good Lord!

Twenty-six bullets were recovered from his body. Fifteen bullets passed through his body. He was struck by bullets a total of 41 times.

He was allegedly stopped for a traffic violation. Screw you bleeding hearts and your notions of excessive force. Running from the police is a capital crime in Ohio subject to summary execution.

Jayland Walker, the unarmed man shot last month by eight Akron police officers while fleeing after a car chase, suffered 41 gunshot entry wounds and five graze wounds, Summit County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Lisa Kohler said in a press conference this morning.

Kohler, who did not conduct the autopsy but signed off on the 33-page autopsy report on Thursday, cautioned that she still could not say for certain how many times Walker was shot because one bullet can cause multiple entrance or graze wounds....

Photos included in the initial autopsy report from the night of the shooting showed that medical examiner’s staff marked more than 60 wounds on Walker’s body, but did not specify whether the injuries were all gunshot wounds, or if they were entrance or exit wounds.

Walker’s autopsy determined that 26 bullets lodged in Walker’s body and 15 went through his body.

Five wounds were discovered on the back of Walker’s body, Kohler said, though she couldn’t determine whether those bullets struck Walker while he was fleeing or rolling on the ground.

Kohler could not state whether any individual bullet caused the fatal injury, though she said that Walker died from blood loss. Several vital organs were struck, including the heart, lungs and right iliac artery. One bullet also struck Walker’s face, fracturing his jaw. The official cause of Walker’s death was multiple gunshot wounds, and the manner was homicide.

“He had several very devastating injuries that would cause death,” said Kohler.

No drugs or alcohol were found in Walker’s system, a toxicology screen revealed.

Kohler said that the office did not conduct a gunshot residue test of Walker’s hands to determine if he may have fired a gunshot. The office stopped doing such tests in 2016 as the accuracy of such tests came into question, she said.

Ken Abbarno, an attorney for the Walker family, said after the press conference that the information from the autopsy can be matched with police body-cam footage to help determine “why these officers shot so many times at an unarmed man, hitting him, what we hear today, potentially up to 46 times.

“It’s going to take a lot of time to process,” he added.

A funeral for Walker was held yesterday in Akron. The officers were placed on administrative leave.

Walker’s death has provoked national outrage and led to large protests and arrests in Akron. The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Ohio attorney general’s office are investigating. The U.S. Department of Justice is also monitoring the situation, President Joe Biden said during a Cleveland visit last week.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...iner-says.html
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 07-16-2022 at 06:27 AM.

While by no means defending the cops in this case, there seem to be a few things that the media has failed to accurately cover here. First, there is no question that this guy shot at the cops chasing him; the ejected cartridge was found at the spot where it happened, and the muzzle flash was seen on the video, so the police had every reason to believe the guy was armed. Secondly, when he emerged from the passenger side of the car, he was wearing some sort of cap and either a ski mask or other face covering, so it would have been difficult to tell if he was white or black.

The argument about whether the guy was moving as if he was getting ready to pull a gun from his waistband and fire at the officers is impossible to confirm or deny… and the seeming trend for police to ‘mag dump’ when firing at a suspect is despicable… so I’m certainly not defending their behavior in that regard.

However, only recently, I watched a body cam video where a suspect, lunging at an officer with a knife, was shot three times and appeared to be down for good… yet, after about ten seconds, the suspect suddenly got up and continued running towards the officer with the knife. 5 or 6 more shots finally brought him down permanently.

None of this changes my opinion that these officers were poorly trained, at the very least… and some or all deserve punishment… but let’s get the whole story first. This suspect was hardly a ‘good kid’, and he certainly wasn’t merely being a DoorDash driver that night.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Don’t shoot at cops and your survival rate will improve.

It was only a little while ago that the same people here displayed the same outrage at cops shooting the innocent unarmed pregnant woman that turned out to be fleeing a violent crime, not pregnant, and armed.

Quote Originally Posted by can't see what he doesn't want to see
    ..there seem to be a few things that the media has failed to accurately cover..
    First and foremost - immediate trial, conviction & execution by cops is a direct violation of his constitutional right to a trial by a jury of _his_ peers.

of course, the most subtle, strongest racist (bigoted in general) acts are holding others to ones own privilege.. a priviledge denied those others.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein
    … the seeming trend for police to ‘mag dump’ when firing at a suspect is despicable…
    This.

What has not yet been revealed is exactly how many total shots were fired. I’ve seen the number 90 bandied about. This all happened in a residential neighborhood.

They shot him 41 times and then they handcuffed his dead body (he was declared dead at the scene). His hands were cuffed when his body arrived at the coroner’s office.

What is wrong with this picture?
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 07-16-2022 at 11:07 AM.